• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dr. Lecter
    Zero for Zero!
    • Mar 2003

Crow eating thread

I predicted the Sabres would miss the playoffs. As the season went on, I was even more convinced.

They proved me wrong. They were the best team in the East after the start of the new year and the best team in the NHL since the middle of February.

I am happy as hell that I was wrong and am looking forward to a very entertaining playoff run.
    Originally posted by mysticsoto
    Lecter is right in everything he said.
  • Crisis
    • Aug 2004

Re: Crow eating thread

when roy went down i thought they were done
    Originally posted by LOSman WINS
    Vanek is Austrian not European
    Originally posted by Prov401
    Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
    Originally posted by better days
    I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• YardRat
      Well, lookie here...
      • Dec 2004

You don't have to tell us you're a dumbass...it's pretty well-known already.
      YardRat Wall of Fame
      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• Bufftp
        Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Sorry Lecter you are banned from attending or watching the Sabres in the playoffs. You may surrender your playoff tickets to me.
        Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
        "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
        Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
        - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
        to be led by permanent ideals -
        that is what keeps a man patient
        when the world ignores him,
        and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• Ebenezer
          Give me a minute...
          • Jul 2002

When Roy went down I thought they were cooked. I even had Lindy fired by Christmas.

Now, having said that back in August I predicted they would be second in the division (they did tie Montreal in points for second) and 7th in the conference. Wow...I don't get too many almost right.

We do this every summer so I thought it would be a good time. With not to many impact players left a FA and the Sabres will never sign them anyway, how will the Sabres finish is this up coming season? I'm giving more option than just making the playoffs. Your vote will be public and we'll probably revisit this thread come next

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• OpIv37
            Acid Douching Asswipe
            • Sep 2002

I'll take my helping of crow as well.

I never thought this team would make the playoffs. It was a hell of a 2nd-half run and I never saw it coming.
            MiKiDo Facebook
            MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ebenezer
              Give me a minute...
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by OpIv37
              I'll take my helping of crow as well.

I never thought this team would make the playoffs. It was a hell of a 2nd-half run and I never saw it coming.
              Actually, that is not true. You had them "barely limping into the playoffs":

We do this every summer so I thought it would be a good time. With not to many impact players left a FA and the Sabres will never sign them anyway, how will the Sabres finish is this up coming season? I'm giving more option than just making the playoffs. Your vote will be public and we'll probably revisit this thread come next

However, you did wonder if Pominville and Stafford would show up after December:

We won't even go into the number of threads and posts you made being over critical of them.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                Zero for Zero!
                • Mar 2003

And that lost point to Carolina was going to put the Hurricanes in the playoffs ahead of the Sabres......

Comment

• OpIv37
                  Acid Douching Asswipe
                  • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                  Actually, that is not true. You had them "barely limping into the playoffs":

However, you did wonder if Pominville and Stafford would show up after December:

We won't even go into the number of threads and posts you made being over critical of them.
                  Well I guess I'm still eating crow but for a different reason.

As far as being "over critical," that remains to be seen. They're in- now let's see if they really corrected the things I was critical about or if they just managed to hide some problems for a couple of months.
                  MiKiDo Facebook
                  MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Dr. Lecter
                    Zero for Zero!
                    • Mar 2003

As far as being "over critical," that remains to be seen. They're in- now let's see if they really corrected the things I was critical about or if they just managed to hide some problems for a couple of months.

The were the best team in the NHL for the last two months. Literally.

That is the best hiding ever if that is the case.

Comment

• OpIv37
                      Acid Douching Asswipe
                      • Sep 2002

Originally posted by Dr. Lecter
                      And that lost point to Carolina was going to put the Hurricanes in the playoffs ahead of the Sabres......
                      well it didn't keep us out but it allowed Carolina to hang around in the playoff race much longer than they should have.
                      MiKiDo Facebook
                      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• Ebenezer
                        Give me a minute...
                        • Jul 2002

well it didn't keep us out but it allowed Carolina to hang around in the playoff race much longer than they should have.
                        Incorrect again. They still would have been fighting the Rangers until the end.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                          Give me a minute...
                          • Jul 2002

Too bad you won't get to be critical until at least mid-June.

Comment

• casdhf
                            • Jul 2002

I'm pretty sure Carolina hung around on their own ... I think they finished the regular season 7-2-1.
                            Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
                            cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• OpIv37
                              Acid Douching Asswipe
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by casdhf
                              I'm pretty sure Carolina hung around on their own ... I think they finished the regular season 7-2-1.
                              Don't care what they did. We need to take care of our own business and because we didn't do it against Carolina, it took until the end of regulation in the 81st game of an 82 game season to clinch a spot over them. That's cutting it way too close for comfort.

I'm shocked that you guys are still defending the loss and still can't see the effect that the extra point had in the playoff race. That point forced us to have to earn a point against the 2nd best team in the conf to guarantee playoffs. If we take care of business against Carolina, then that pressure gets relieved.
                              MiKiDo Facebook
                              MiKiDo Website

Comment

Working...
                              X