PDA

View Full Version : Crow eating thread

Dr. Lecter
04-10-2011, 04:08 PM
I predicted the Sabres would miss the playoffs. As the season went on, I was even more convinced.

They proved me wrong. They were the best team in the East after the start of the new year and the best team in the NHL since the middle of February.

I am happy as hell that I was wrong and am looking forward to a very entertaining playoff run.

Crisis
04-10-2011, 04:11 PM
when roy went down i thought they were done

YardRat
04-10-2011, 07:37 PM
You don't have to tell us you're a dumbass...it's pretty well-known already.

Bufftp
04-10-2011, 08:33 PM
Sorry Lecter you are banned from attending or watching the Sabres in the playoffs. You may surrender your playoff tickets to me.

Ebenezer
04-10-2011, 08:46 PM
When Roy went down I thought they were cooked. I even had Lindy fired by Christmas.

Now, having said that back in August I predicted they would be second in the division (they did tie Montreal in points for second) and 7th in the conference. Wow...I don't get too many almost right.

http://billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=3283442&postcount=16

OpIv37
04-10-2011, 08:47 PM
I'll take my helping of crow as well.

I never thought this team would make the playoffs. It was a hell of a 2nd-half run and I never saw it coming.

Ebenezer
04-10-2011, 08:50 PM
I'll take my helping of crow as well.

I never thought this team would make the playoffs. It was a hell of a 2nd-half run and I never saw it coming.
Actually, that is not true. You had them "barely limping into the playoffs":

http://billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=3282943&postcount=3

However, you did wonder if Pominville and Stafford would show up after December:

http://billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=3283309&postcount=14

We won't even go into the number of threads and posts you made being over critical of them.

Dr. Lecter
04-10-2011, 08:51 PM
And that lost point to Carolina was going to put the Hurricanes in the playoffs ahead of the Sabres......

OpIv37
04-10-2011, 08:57 PM
Actually, that is not true. You had them "barely limping into the playoffs":

http://billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=3282943&postcount=3

However, you did wonder if Pominville and Stafford would show up after December:

http://billszone.com/fanzone/showpost.php?p=3283309&postcount=14

We won't even go into the number of threads and posts you made being over critical of them.

Well I guess I'm still eating crow but for a different reason.

As far as being "over critical," that remains to be seen. They're in- now let's see if they really corrected the things I was critical about or if they just managed to hide some problems for a couple of months.

Dr. Lecter
04-10-2011, 08:58 PM

As far as being "over critical," that remains to be seen. They're in- now let's see if they really corrected the things I was critical about or if they just managed to hide some problems for a couple of months.

The were the best team in the NHL for the last two months. Literally.

That is the best hiding ever if that is the case.

OpIv37
04-10-2011, 08:58 PM
And that lost point to Carolina was going to put the Hurricanes in the playoffs ahead of the Sabres......

well it didn't keep us out but it allowed Carolina to hang around in the playoff race much longer than they should have.

Ebenezer
04-10-2011, 09:00 PM
well it didn't keep us out but it allowed Carolina to hang around in the playoff race much longer than they should have.
Incorrect again. They still would have been fighting the Rangers until the end.

Ebenezer
04-10-2011, 09:01 PM

Too bad you won't get to be critical until at least mid-June.

casdhf
04-10-2011, 09:02 PM
well it didn't keep us out but it allowed Carolina to hang around in the playoff race much longer than they should have. I'm pretty sure Carolina hung around on their own ... I think they finished the regular season 7-2-1.

OpIv37
04-10-2011, 09:22 PM
I'm pretty sure Carolina hung around on their own ... I think they finished the regular season 7-2-1.
Don't care what they did. We need to take care of our own business and because we didn't do it against Carolina, it took until the end of regulation in the 81st game of an 82 game season to clinch a spot over them. That's cutting it way too close for comfort.

I'm shocked that you guys are still defending the loss and still can't see the effect that the extra point had in the playoff race. That point forced us to have to earn a point against the 2nd best team in the conf to guarantee playoffs. If we take care of business against Carolina, then that pressure gets relieved.

Dr. Lecter
04-10-2011, 09:24 PM
Don't care what they did. We need to take care of our own business and because we didn't do it against Carolina, it took until the end of regulation in the 81st game of an 82 game season to clinch a spot over them. That's cutting it way too close for comfort.

I'm shocked that you guys are still defending the loss and still can't see the effect that the extra point had in the playoff race. That point forced us to have to earn a point against the 2nd best team in the conf to guarantee playoffs. If we take care of business against Carolina, then that pressure gets relieved.
It is not as much defending the loss as it is the big picture - they were in the midst of a 17-4-4 run.

Is it reasonable to expect more than 38 out of 50 points?

OpIv37
04-10-2011, 09:31 PM
It is not as much defending the loss as it is the big picture - they were in the midst of a 17-4-4 run.

Is it reasonable to expect the team to beat lesser teams in regulation? Is it reasonable to expect the team to put up good efforts against teams close to us in the standings during the last month of the season?

You're trying to use the numbers from the 2nd half of the season to make it look like I'm asking for something ridiculous, but the reality is that all it would have taken was one more period of good hockey against a lesser team on our heels in the playoff race late in the season. And that certainly is not too much to ask.

Dr. Lecter
04-10-2011, 09:33 PM
Is it reasonable to expect the team to beat lesser teams in regulation? Is it reasonable to expect the team to put up good efforts against teams close to us in the standings during the last month of the season?

You're trying to use the numbers from the 2nd half of the season to make it look like I'm asking for something ridiculous, but the reality is that all it would have taken was one more period of good hockey against a lesser team on our heels in the playoff race late in the season. And that certainly is not too much to ask.

Every single time? Yes. That does not happen in the NHL

Vancouver lost to Edmonton the other night. Teams lose games.

You are focusing one period of one game. Sometimes teams lose and do not play well. They did not make a habit of it.

Ebenezer
04-10-2011, 09:35 PM

I can't wait until Wednesday at 7:00PM.

Ebenezer
04-10-2011, 09:37 PM

38 out of 50...prorate that into 125 out of 164...best season ever in the NHL...and some still wouldn't be happy.

OpIv37
04-10-2011, 09:50 PM
Every single time? Yes. That does not happen in the NHL

Vancouver lost to Edmonton the other night. Teams lose games.

You are focusing one period of one game. Sometimes teams lose and do not play well. They did not make a habit of it.

Vancouver lost to Edmonton the other night when they ALREADY HAD THE PRESIDENT'S TROPHY CLINCHED. If you don't see the difference in importance between that game and the Sabres playing Carolina when they are in a dogfight for the last couple of playoff spots, I can't help you.

Asking for one more good period of hockey is NOT unreasonable, especially in crucial situations.

OpIv37
04-10-2011, 09:53 PM
38 out of 50...prorate that into 125 out of 164...best season ever in the NHL...and some still wouldn't be happy.

First, of course we wouldn't be happy because you don't get the Stanley Cup for winning the regular season. 06-07 anyone?

Second, this "pro-rating" thing is just a way to try to give them credit for something that never happened. I could pro-rate Oct-Dec to show a friggin horrible team, but it's irrelevant because that also never happened.

Dr. Lecter
04-10-2011, 09:56 PM
Vancouver lost to Edmonton the other night when they ALREADY HAD THE PRESIDENT'S TROPHY CLINCHED. If you don't see the difference in importance between that game and the Sabres playing Carolina when they are in a dogfight for the last couple of playoff spots, I can't help you.

Asking for one more good period of hockey is NOT unreasonable, especially in crucial situations.
It is not unreasonable, but one bad period of hockey in that many games is not unreasonable to occur.

My point is that they are not going to perfect every period of every game. And that is what you are asking for.

Ebenezer
04-10-2011, 10:09 PM
First, of course we wouldn't be happy because you don't get the Stanley Cup for winning the regular season. 06-07 anyone?

Second, this "pro-rating" thing is just a way to try to give them credit for something that never happened. I could pro-rate Oct-Dec to show a friggin horrible team, but it's irrelevant because that also never happened.
yes we know...with you it is Championship or nothing...very shallow.

Electrici
04-10-2011, 10:18 PM
I said the sabres would make the playoffs if Miller stayed healthy. Miller got hurt and we still made it. I was wrong.. but hats off to Enroth, guy was clutch nearly every game he played.. Couldn't be happier

SabreEleven
04-11-2011, 07:49 AM
When the season started and a few month's in I didn't think this team would make the playoffs but thank god for the Pegula Push. I still don't think this team has a long playoff run in them.

PTI
04-11-2011, 09:34 AM
Sabres will go right through the Flyers.

OpIv37
04-11-2011, 09:44 AM
yes we know...with you it is Championship or nothing...very shallow.

typical response from a Buffalo fan who has accepted mediocrity.

G Wolly
04-11-2011, 09:57 AM

Now it's just getting old, man.

OpIv37
04-11-2011, 10:02 AM
Now it's just getting old, man.

Yeah, it is.

It's getting old to see you guys defending losses.
It's getting old to read about how it's ok if we play well during a loss as if this were some sort of tee-ball league where the last place team gets the same trophy as the league champs.
It's getting old to read you guys settling for less and trying to change the goal into something other than a championship.

hydro
04-11-2011, 10:04 AM

We have learned to accept mediocrity because of your posts. BOOM!

G Wolly
04-11-2011, 10:15 AM
Yeah, it is.

It's getting old to read about how it's ok if we play well during a loss as if this were some sort of tee-ball league where the last place team gets the same trophy as the league champs.
It's getting old to read you guys settling for less and trying to change the goal into something other than a championship.

http://knowyourmeme.com/system/icons/554/original/facepalm.jpg

Whatever man.

Ebenezer
04-11-2011, 10:21 AM

you really like to insult people here don't you...the playoffs will be so nice with you on the sideline.

Jan Reimers
04-11-2011, 10:35 AM
Why does a thread like this - which gives all of us who doubted the Sabres at times a chance to eat a little celebratory crow - always turn into a pissing contest?

hydro
04-11-2011, 10:37 AM
Why does a thread like this - which gives all of us who doubted the Sabres at times a chance to eat a little celebratory crow - always turn into a pissing contest?

OPIV37.... nuff said.

OpIv37
04-11-2011, 10:40 AM
you really like to insult people here don't you...the playoffs will be so nice with you on the sideline.
It's not an insult. It's just the reality. And I almost can't even blame people for having it. These teams have been so bad for so long that it's very easy to take the "we are never going to win it all so I might as well judge the team by some lesser criteria" mentality.

And yes, Im sure it will be much easier to ignore reality and pretend the team is better than it is without me around. After all, it ignorance is bliss.

OpIv37
04-11-2011, 10:42 AM
OPIV37.... nuff said.
Its not just me. It takes 2 to argue and there are at least 3 people in here willing to engage.

G Wolly
04-11-2011, 10:43 AM
Do you save copies of your posts on your computer, then just copy and paste? The same **** over and over each time.

You're like the Sabres equivalent to Patti. Always preaching about the ****iness of our club, no matter what the result.

Ebenezer
04-11-2011, 10:48 AM
It's not an insult. It's just the reality. And I almost can't even blame people for having it. These teams have been so bad for so long that it's very easy to take the "we are never going to win it all so I might as well judge the team by some lesser criteria" mentality.

And yes, Im sure it will be much easier to ignore reality and pretend the team is better than it is without me around. After all, it ignorance is bliss.

yup...no insults there...not a one.

OpIv37
04-11-2011, 10:48 AM
Do you save copies of your posts on your computer, then just copy and paste? The same **** over and over each time.
Lmao- why am I the only one who ever gets criticized for this? The people arguing with me are saying the same **** over and over each time. Most of the time, they are attacking my attitude/mentality and not even talking about hockey.

Why don't you go complain about all the times our record since January has been brought up? Or how great Ennis is? It's because you dont really have a problem with repitition- you have a problem with me making you acknowledge reality.

chernobylwraiths
04-11-2011, 10:51 AM
We accept that we are fans of the team.
We don't like it when the team loses.
We don't like it when the team plays bad.
We don't like some of the players on the team.
We don't like when Ryan Miller lets in some soft goals.
We don't like when the defense gives up odd man rushes.
We don't like when our star offensive players don't score.
But...
these things happen
and we accept that.

I don't think there is a person on here who haven't, at one time or another, *****ed about everything on that list, several times even. We just don't do it every time. We certainly don't do it in blowout wins. We certainly don't do it when the team has been playing pretty damned good lately.

Why can't YOU accept that they have been playing good lately and that teams can't play perfectly.

They will play poorly defensively in the playoffs.
They will give up goals.
They will lose games.
They will miss opportunities.
They PROBABLY will not win the Stanley Cup this year.

If that means I accept mediocrity, then so be it.

G Wolly
04-11-2011, 10:51 AM
It's because you dont really have a problem with repitition- you have a problem with me making you acknowledge reality.

No one here is overly optimistic or blind to our faults.

You just take it upon yourself to point out obvious "truths" to make yourself seem like the almighty, all-knowing, ever-realistic, cynical, super-fan.

psubills62
04-11-2011, 10:52 AM
I think the difference is that most people here have levels of happiness, while Op is either all or nothing. I also think Op uses the term "accepting mediocrity" far too much. There's a difference between accepting what we see and hoping for more based on what we see.

OpIv37
04-11-2011, 10:52 AM
yup...no insults there...not a one.
Nope, just reality. You watch sports for enjoyment. If you are not enjoying it because the team is losing, then you change the criteria by which the team is judged and ignore the unpleasant negatives.

I want to enjoy sports, but the reality is that sometimes- most of the time- my teams suck and it's not enjoyable. Oh well- that's life.

chernobylwraiths
04-11-2011, 10:54 AM
Nope, just reality. You watch sports for enjoyment. If you ate not enjoying it because the team is losing, then you change the criteria by which the team is judged and ignore the unpleasant negatives.

I want to enjoy sports, but the reality is that sometimes- most of the time- my teams suck and it's not enjoyable. Oh well- that's life.

Hard to use this argument when you criticized a couple players after an 8 - 2 win.

OpIv37
04-11-2011, 10:57 AM
No one here is overly optimistic or blind to our faults.

Really? A lot of the posts here suggest differently.

G Wolly
04-11-2011, 10:58 AM
Really? A lot of the posts here suggest differently.

Fine.

1% of posters here are overly optimistic or blind to our faults.

Such as you are the 1% of the polar opposite.

OpIv37
04-11-2011, 10:59 AM
Hard to use this argument when you criticized a couple players after an 8 - 2 win.

Because while that particular game was fine, it's not the only game that we play all season. This is part of the problem of what goes on here. Sure, Pominville and Vanek missing breakaways in that particular game made no difference. But what some of you refuse to see is that this is part of a larger problem that has hurt the team in the past and is likely to hurt the team in the future.

Maybe it was a bad time to ***** about it, but a problem is a problem regardless of whether it shows itself in an 8-2 win or a 10-0 loss.

OpIv37
04-11-2011, 11:01 AM
Fine.

1% of posters here are overly optimistic or blind to our faults.

Such as you are the 1% of the polar opposite.

I think 1% of posters are overly optimistic all the time.

I think a much, much larger percentage are capable of getting sucked in by a few good games and ignoring faults at times.

G Wolly
04-11-2011, 11:04 AM
I think 1% of posters are overly optimistic all the time.

I think a much, much larger percentage are capable of getting sucked in by a few good games and ignoring faults at times.

Well

So when they DO have a few good games in a row, or win by a score of 8 to 2, we should ALWAYS find something to ***** about instead of enjoying our team's win?

I'm all for being critical and caring about what your team does instead of blindly following like bandwagoners who only care when we win. But when you complain after wins just to complain, that's idiotic.

OpIv37
04-11-2011, 11:08 AM
Well

So when they DO have a few good games in a row, or win by a score of 8 to 2, we should ALWAYS find something to ***** about instead of enjoying our team's win?

I'm all for being critical and caring about what your team does instead of blindly following like bandwagoners who only care when we win. But when you complain after wins just to complain, that's idiotic.

See, this is the mentality problem that some of you have. It's not finding things to ***** about. It's a real problem. Just because it didn't affect us that particular night doesn't mean that it's not a problem.

I can see how maybe bringing it up after an 8-2 win can have the appearance of *****ing just to *****, but it's a long-standing trend with those two that I've noticed and commented on before, and I noticed it again in that game so I commented on it.

The fact that I complain about a lot of things and the fact that we won the game don't change the reality that it's a problem.

G Wolly
04-11-2011, 11:15 AM
You're a better fan than me.

You're a better fan than anyone here, or anywhere else.

Your ability to see problems the rest of us cannot makes you superior.

How dare us enjoy wins when there's so many things wrong with this team?

We're not real fans. We're just ignorant, blind followers.

I'm sorry to have upset you. :sorry:

psubills62
04-11-2011, 11:21 AM
It seems to me that reality says the positives have outweighed the negatives at the end of the season here. So what's the true definition of "realistic" and "reality" at this point?

It seems to me that "reality" to you, Op, is a nebulous point in the future when our negatives will create an overwhelming problem for the team. Is it likely that that point will happen in the playoffs? Sure, but according to the "win a Stanley cup" standard, that point is guaranteed to come for 15 out of 16 teams. Nobody's going to be happy with losing in the playoffs, but it's simply a level of what people can appreciate, and most of us appreciate getting to the playoffs. Doesn't mean we're satisfied with just that.

OpIv37
04-11-2011, 11:48 AM
You're a better fan than me.

You're a better fan than anyone here, or anywhere else.

Your ability to see problems the rest of us cannot makes you superior.

How dare us enjoy wins when there's so many things wrong with this team?

We're not real fans. We're just ignorant, blind followers.

I'm sorry to have upset you. :sorry:

You guys always argue with me incessantly, and then the ****ing teams always lose, usually due in large part to the problems I pointed out.

All I'm asking is that you consider what I'm saying instead of just automatically assuming it's some sort of pathological *****ing, because a lot of the time it turns out to be pretty damn accurate.

And if you want to get all giddy over 3 months of regular season wins, I can't stop you. But the goal is to win the Stanley Cup, not win the 2nd half of the regular season.

SabreEleven
04-11-2011, 11:50 AM
Isn't Op banned from posting in here during the PO's?

Dr. Lecter
04-11-2011, 11:52 AM
Yeah, it is.

So 82-0-0 is the only acceptable record in the NHL?

hydro
04-11-2011, 11:53 AM
You guys always argue with me incessantly, and then the ****ing teams always lose, usually due in large part to the problems I pointed out.

All I'm asking is that you consider what I'm saying instead of just automatically assuming it's some sort of pathological *****ing, because a lot of the time it turns out to be pretty damn accurate.

And if you want to get all giddy over 3 months of regular season wins, I can't stop you. But the goal is to win the Stanley Cup, not win the 2nd half of the regular season.

If your only reason for posting on this board is to get recognized for "noticing" something then you are here for the wrong reason. There are plenty of times where you are pretty damn inaccurate yet you still won't back down. You will never gain much respect here if you don't give an take a little.

OpIv37
04-11-2011, 11:53 AM
It seems to me that reality says the positives have outweighed the negatives at the end of the season here.

We don't know that yet.

This is the same team that completely botched the first half of this season. A good portion of the team is the same team that had an early playoff exit last year and failed to make the playoffs for the two years before that.

Recently, the positives have outweighed the negatives, but over the course of the season, it's pretty damn even. And even as we were winning, some of the problems that hurt this team earlier this year and for the last few years still showed themselves. Case and point: giving up a shorty against Philly. Despite playing better, the team has yet to overcome this problem. If you want to sit there and go "WWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! GO SABRES!" none of this matters. If you want to accurately and objectively judge the team to predict how we'll do in the playoffs or if we've actually improved, all of this has to be taken into consideration.

Some of you are willing to declare "case closed" after half a season of good hockey. But the real test is just beginning.

OpIv37
04-11-2011, 11:55 AM
If your only reason for posting on this board is to get recognized for "noticing" something then you are here for the wrong reason. There are plenty of times where you are pretty damn inaccurate yet you still won't back down. You will never gain much respect here if you don't give an take a little.

My reason for posting on this board is to have discussions about the team. When I bring up a point, discuss the point, not the fact that I'm negative or that it's a complaint, especially with my track record.

And no, there are not plenty of times when I'm inaccurate. Just because there are a bunch of people ganging up to say I'm inaccurate because they don't want to hear what I'm saying doesn't necessarily make it so.

OpIv37
04-11-2011, 11:57 AM
So 82-0-0 is the only acceptable record in the NHL?

****ing A.

How the hell did you come up with this from what I said?

Of course losses will happen, but there is still no reason for fans to defend them. It's not all that complicated.

Dr. Lecter
04-11-2011, 12:01 PM
****ing A.

How the hell did you come up with this from what I said?

Of course losses will happen, but there is still no reason for fans to defend them. It's not all that complicated.

And there is no reason to flip out over the occassional loss either. That is the point.

In the last two months of the season, the Sabres played Carolina twice, Montreal once and the Rangers once. (The teams they were battling for playoff position). In those 4 games, they got 6 out of 8 points. That is damn good.

Nobody is really "defending" the loss. But we also realize that the loss was not the end of the road (as you guaranteed).

You often make good points. But is drowned out by your inability to filter what is really bad and what is just not the preferred outcome. It is a boy that cried wolf syndrome. When your focus after an 8-2 win is to complain, it makes it hard to filter out the good from the bad.

OpIv37
04-11-2011, 12:11 PM
And there is no reason to flip out over the occassional loss either. That is the point.

In the last two months of the season, the Sabres played Carolina twice, Montreal once and the Rangers once. (The teams they were battling for playoff position). In those 4 games, they got 6 out of 8 points. That is damn good.

Nobody is really "defending" the loss. But we also realize that the loss was not the end of the road (as you guaranteed).

You often make good points. But is drowned out by your inability to filter what is really bad and what is just not the preferred outcome. It is a boy that cried wolf syndrome. When your focus after an 8-2 win is to complain, it makes it hard to filter out the good from the bad.

I don't recall guaranteeing that it would keep us out of the playoffs, but maybe I did. The loss had an effect on the playoff race, as I said it would. We got 6 of 8 against those teams, but there is no guarantee that 6 of 8 would be good enough. And that's why I was upset. If you want to chalk that up to me complaining, go right ahead, but the reality is that the loss to Carolina affected the playoff race and put additional pressure on the Sabres down the stretch.

As far as complaining after a win, problems are problems regardless if they are brought up after a win or loss, so there is nothing to filter.

psubills62
04-11-2011, 12:14 PM
We don't know that yet.

This is the same team that completely botched the first half of this season. A good portion of the team is the same team that had an early playoff exit last year and failed to make the playoffs for the two years before that.

Recently, the positives have outweighed the negatives, but over the course of the season, it's pretty damn even. And even as we were winning, some of the problems that hurt this team earlier this year and for the last few years still showed themselves. Case and point: giving up a shorty against Philly. Despite playing better, the team has yet to overcome this problem. If you want to sit there and go "WWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! GO SABRES!" none of this matters. If you want to accurately and objectively judge the team to predict how we'll do in the playoffs or if we've actually improved, all of this has to be taken into consideration.

Some of you are willing to declare "case closed" after half a season of good hockey. But the real test is just beginning.
Reality is we're a playoff team tied for 6th most points in conference. The positives have outweighed the negatives.

Yes, the problems do show themselves. But what's amusing is that the problem you mention came in a win. Which tends to mean the positives outweighed the negatives for that game, as they did for many games recently.

What's wrong with getting excited about what the Sabres have done? I'll scream and cheer as much as I dang well please for the Sabres. Doesn't mean I'm ignoring anything about the team. I could say the same thing about you sitting there saying "the team sucks."

Yet again - the positives and negatives both have to be taken into consideration to accurately and objectively discuss the Sabres in the playoffs.

Out of curiosity, what do you think the Sabres will do in the playoffs?

OpIv37
04-11-2011, 12:18 PM
Reality is we're a playoff team tied for 6th most points in conference. The positives have outweighed the negatives.

Yes, the problems do show themselves. But what's amusing is that the problem you mention came in a win. Which tends to mean the positives outweighed the negatives for that game, as they did for many games recently.

What's wrong with getting excited about what the Sabres have done? I'll scream and cheer as much as I dang well please for the Sabres. Doesn't mean I'm ignoring anything about the team. I could say the same thing about you sitting there saying "the team sucks."

Yet again - the positives and negatives both have to be taken into consideration to accurately and objectively discuss the Sabres in the playoffs.

Out of curiosity, what do you think the Sabres will do in the playoffs?

What's wrong with getting excited about what the Sabres have done? They haven't done anything. They were a 3 seed division winner in the playoffs last year and they're a 6th seed this year. That's worse, not better. Until they get out of the 1st round, they're no better than they were last year.

It's hard to say what will happen at this point because the Sabres are hot and Philly is slumping. That being said, I think Philly is just too tough and will win the series in 6 or 7.

G Wolly
04-11-2011, 12:56 PM

I consider.

I understand.

I agree.

But sometimes, most of the time, you cry that the sky is falling when you feel a few raindrops.

That's my/our point.

psubills62
04-11-2011, 01:04 PM
They haven't done anything.
I guess that's where we'd disagree. Especially considering where they were early in the season, making the playoffs is something.

Would you consider it to be something if they win a playoff series? Would it be OK for people to be happy about that (note: doesn't mean they're satisfied)?

OpIv37
04-11-2011, 01:08 PM
I guess that's where we'd disagree. Especially considering where they were early in the season, making the playoffs is something.

Would you consider it to be something if they win a playoff series? Would it be OK for people to be happy about that (note: doesn't mean they're satisfied)?

Sorry, I don't give credit for ****ing up then fixing the self-created problem.

It would be something if they won a playoff series because a) they'd be a lower seed upsetting a higher seed, b) we'd get to enjoy a meaningful victory and get at least 4 more games out of it and c) it would show improvement over where they were last year.

psubills62
04-11-2011, 01:16 PM
Sorry, I don't give credit for ****ing up then fixing the self-created problem.

It would be something if they won a playoff series because a) they'd be a lower seed upsetting a higher seed, b) we'd get to enjoy a meaningful victory and get at least 4 more games out of it and c) it would show improvement over where they were last year.
Well if I remember correctly, you didn't expect them to make the playoffs this year, period. So whether they "fixed a self-created problem" or not, it seems as though they exceeded yours and some other people's expectations. I'd say that deserve some acknowledgment.

Is it really impossible to blame them for the first part of the season, but also give them credit for fighting back in the second part? Battling back to make the playoffs doesn't excuse the early games where the team was a huge letdown, but considering the pressure they've been under to win so many of their last games, they certainly deserve credit. Just because you don't care to give them any doesn't mean they don't deserve it.

CuseJetsFan83
04-11-2011, 01:26 PM
don't forget with last year..... alot of players were playing rather tentative with the olympics looming, and the rear loaded schedule favored the sabres heavily...

this year however much more spread out, and well, the sabres were still one of the top teams with back to back games all year..... is finishing 7th crappy..... well its still the playoffs.... 16 wins... and as few losses as possible

Ebenezer
04-11-2011, 02:49 PM
Isn't Op banned from posting in here during the PO's?

Let him get it out of his system...him going two months without pissing?? he'll blow up worse than you going two months without porn.

OpIv37
04-11-2011, 03:21 PM
I interpreted the bet as the loser doesn't post during the playoffs. The playoffs haven't started yet.

Once the puck gets dropped at 7 pm on Wed, the playoffs have officially started. I'll honor the bet and I'm out until someone hoists the Cup over their head.

chernobylwraiths
04-11-2011, 04:05 PM
I thought the bet was Op couldn't post while the Sabres were still in the playoffs. So, he could be back posting in about a week and a half.

Ebenezer
04-11-2011, 05:21 PM
I thought the bet was Op couldn't post while the Sabres were still in the playoffs. So, he could be back posting in about a week and a half.
incorrect...NHL playoffs...he won't be back until nobody is posting about hockey.

Bufftp
04-11-2011, 08:13 PM
All I know is that I have said all season long that the sabres would make the playoffs. The regular season is a marathon not a sprint, and I believed they would gel and get it done. This makes me more right than Op. Obviously Ops weak area's as a fan came back and bit him.....

OpIv37
04-11-2011, 10:09 PM
All I know is that I have said all season long that the sabres would make the playoffs. The regular season is a marathon not a sprint, and I believed they would gel and get it done. This makes me more right than Op. Obviously Ops weak area's as a fan came back and bit him.....

yeah well I was bound to get one wrong sooner or later.

Ebenezer
04-11-2011, 10:44 PM
yeah I'm bound to get one right sooner or later.

corrected.

OpIv37
04-12-2011, 07:41 AM
corrected.

lmao.... just keep thinking like that. Reality will catch up with you eventually, as it always does.

Ebenezer
04-12-2011, 10:00 AM
lmao.... just keep thinking like that. Reality will catch up with you eventually, as it always does.
You're just bound and determined to not enjoy whatever playoffs there are. I really feel sorry for you. And please, don't even respond. You'll just continue to insult me by telling me how much I accept mediocrity and am a blind follower. Long live Antonio Salieri!!

G Wolly
04-12-2011, 11:23 AM
Put this passion into something useful like curing cancer or something.

I'm sure they'd like your attitude on their team.

OpIv37
04-12-2011, 11:57 AM
You're just bound and determined to not enjoy whatever playoffs there are. I really feel sorry for you. And please, don't even respond. You'll just continue to insult me by telling me how much I accept mediocrity and am a blind follower. Long live Antonio Salieri!!

It's not enjoyable if they lose, period. I can't make it any simpler than that.

SabreEleven
04-12-2011, 11:59 AM
Put this passion into something useful like curing cancer or something.

I'm sure they'd like your attitude on their team.

Little Johnny died of cancer last night....

OP: Well, he should have been tougher....

but It ate over 80 percent of his brain

OP: That is no excuse...

but he fought hard

OP: but he had the talent to fight harder.

Dr. Lecter
04-12-2011, 12:02 PM
It's not enjoyable if they lose, period. I can't make it any simpler than that.

Nobody is saying it is.

But again, 82-0-0 is not going to happen. They will lose games. They will not go 16-0 in the playoffs.

It is not fun. It does not have to be "accepted". But it happens and one does not need to panic after every single loss (or 8-2 victory)

(And yes, I know you point on the 8-2 win. But when only has negative things to say after a win like that and not much positive it also not enjoying the win.)

G Wolly
04-12-2011, 12:06 PM
Little Johnny died of cancer last night....

OP: Well, he should have been tougher....

but It ate over 80 percent of his brain

OP: That is no excuse...

but he fought hard

OP: but he had the talent to fight harder.

Alternate ending.

Little Johnny beat cancer.

So what? He shouldn't have gotten it in the first place.

But he overcame everyone's expectations and is now healthy!

So he lucked out because the cancer lost. He didn't beat them. Johnny still has so many problems I can't be happy for him at all.

Dr. Lecter
04-12-2011, 12:08 PM
Alternate ending.

Little Johnny beat cancer.

So what? He shouldn't have gotten it in the first place.

But he overcame everyone's expectations and is now healthy!

So he lucked out because the cancer lost. He didn't beat them. Johnny still has so many problems I can't be happy for him at all.

That is going to piss him off, but it is funny as hell.

SabreEleven
04-12-2011, 12:11 PM
He'll like my version better.

Bufftp
04-12-2011, 08:59 PM
It's not enjoyable if they lose, period. I can't make it any simpler than that. I have been entertained and enjoyed the game during the game, that resulted in losses. Disappointed at the result, but doesn't mean the game wasn't entertaining and enjoyable.

I actually feel bad for you.