PDA

View Full Version : The official "why not us" thread

elltrain22
04-11-2011, 09:51 AM
I don't know about you guys, but IMO, this is a pretty friggen dangerous team. 2 very good goalies, 1 great coach, much better scoring lines than last year, better defense, good special teams, and most importantly, this team is white hot right now. I love our chances, and wouldn't be surprised one bit, if we were hoisting that cup in few more weeks.

Go Sabres!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G Wolly
04-11-2011, 09:56 AM
You gotta be in it to win it, and anything can happen.

But it won't be us.

rbochan
04-11-2011, 10:07 AM
:oldskool:

Jan Reimers
04-11-2011, 10:37 AM
If we win the Cup this year, what does Pegula do for an encore?

kelly2reed4six
04-11-2011, 10:38 AM
If we win the Cup this year, what does Pegula do for an encore?

Buy the Bills and win a SB for us! :-)

SabreEleven
04-11-2011, 11:45 AM
I don't know about you guys, but IMO, this is a pretty friggen dangerous team. 2 very good goalies, 1 great coach, much better scoring lines than last year, better defense, good special teams, and most importantly, this team is white hot right now. I love our chances, and wouldn't be surprised one bit, if we were hoisting that cup in few more weeks.

Go Sabres!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Although the Sabres were the hottest team in the 2nd half the regular season, it was just that, the Regular season. The playoff's are a totally different animal then the regular season. Not to OP all over your thread here, I just dont' see the Sabres winning this series. They aren't tough enough.

TMu11
04-11-2011, 12:40 PM
Not to OP all over your thread here, I just dont' see the Sabres winning this series. They aren't tough enough.

HAHAHA I love the new verb.

Toughness has been the Sabres problem for years. We don't protect our own players when they are targeted since the near-miss Briere/Drury run. The playoffs tend to get messy and until we match the physicality from other teams we wont get any further than we have in years passed.

Hopefully guys like Gerbe and Ennis can take the hits and our bigger guys will finally step in to do some enforcing. Otherwise I completely agree that we wont go anywhere

SabreEleven
04-11-2011, 12:58 PM
I'm worried about the forecheck. The Sabres can't do it and they can't handle it. Flyers just might forecheck the Sabres out of the series.

trapezeus
04-11-2011, 02:10 PM
if the sabres win the cup, with essentially golisano's and quinn's team and the fact none of us will give them an iota of credit for putting together most of the team with darcy's help, i will laugh my ass off.

Pegula's intangible presence made this team a winner.

PTI
04-11-2011, 02:36 PM
Watch Derek Roy miss the first series and then win the Conn Smythe!!

trapezeus
04-11-2011, 09:01 PM
just as long as quinn and golisano don't take credit.

DrGraves
04-12-2011, 12:12 AM
I'm worried about the forecheck. The Sabres can't do it and they can't handle it. Flyers just might forecheck the Sabres out of the series.

This kept running through my head the entire game on friday.

ddaryl
04-12-2011, 08:00 AM
if someone does the dirty work and eliminates the Capitals and the Penguins then maybe there is an outside chance the Sabres go a little farther.

I just do not see the Sabres matching up well with those 2 teams, and one of those 2 teams I feel will be in semi finals at least....