PDA

View Full Version : Fletcher found faith as a Bill

justasportsfan
04-11-2011, 12:45 PM
"I have a lot of fond memories of my time here in Buffalo," Fletcher said. "I met a lot of great people and established a lot of lifelong relationships. I just got back from a golf trip with Takeo Spikes and Angelo Crowell. ... What I remember most about my time in Buffalo is a decision I made in 2004 to accept Christ as my lord and savior.

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/bills-nfl/article389047.ece

Jaybird
04-11-2011, 12:54 PM
I Just wish he found playoffs and super bowls

malvado78
04-11-2011, 12:59 PM
I understand this.

I always tell people: "All good Christians should be Bills fans. It helps keep you humble."

Just think of the effects if you were a Bills player instead of a fan!

FlyingDutchman
04-11-2011, 01:02 PM
Thats strange, as a Bills fan Ive come to believe that there is no god

TMu11
04-11-2011, 01:33 PM
Thats strange, as a Bills fan Ive come to believe that there is no god

At least not a fair and just one

Night Train
04-11-2011, 01:57 PM

I've been through at least 12 changes of faith with the Bills, the best being beer.

Mr. Miyagi
04-11-2011, 04:02 PM
Fletcher isn't the only one. Bills fans do it every Sunday.

"Please God don't let <insert QB here> throw another pick, please please please...."

bf1
04-11-2011, 04:04 PM
There is even a site devoted to this:
http://www.deargodwhyussports.com/

Extremebillsfan247
04-11-2011, 04:45 PM
Post deleted.

djjimkelly
04-11-2011, 05:27 PM
im sure everyone on here would sell their soul for the bills to be good again.

good for fletcher ill thank the non existent one that hes being average on a different team

ublinkwescore
04-11-2011, 05:30 PM
At least not a fair and just one

See, that's where you're wrong buddy - that's why it's called faith - we WILL be rewarded for our loyalty to a football team that we've stood by through good times and a lot of bad.

Don't jump off the wagon, you'll regret it some time after you do.

Johnny Bugmenot
04-11-2011, 05:48 PM
See, that's where you're wrong buddy - that's why it's called faith - we WILL be rewarded for our loyalty to a football team that we've stood by through good times and a lot of bad.

Don't jump off the wagon, you'll regret it some time after you do.
How many Bills fans have died waiting for an NFL title? It didn't come for them. Some of the members of this very board are now dead. Even the Saints have an NFL title under their belt and the Bills do not. You can't expect this team to win a title. Face it, it's not happening. There's not enough money and the decade of no playoffs has destroyed the national fan base needed for the players you need to win a title to want to come here.

Even this year, when given a top-3 draft pick, they have no savior available in this particular draft. There is no hope. This franchise has been run into the ground.

Now, the choice is whether or not you want to continue to support the team. If you do, fine. But don't expect it to lead anywhere because this team might as well be dead.

ublinkwescore
04-11-2011, 05:57 PM
thanks for the input, but I'll stay a Bills fan. I like being a Bills fan. I am proud to be a Bills fan because even though we may not have a superbowl title, we've still accomplished some things that other teams no matter how great will never do, nor ever even match. We've got 2 of the top 3 greatest comebacks in NFL History. 4 consecutive Superbowl appearances (which should have netted a lot of Hall Of Famers - some are being snubbed right now though - cough,coughAndre Reed cough, cough... not to mention what could symbolize the ferocity and aggression of the sport more than a stampeding Bison - the largest land animal in North America. Red White and Blue look good together too. and we've got a non covered stadium because Football was meant to be played in rain, sleet, snow, hail, or shine. Buffalo Wings, Pinto guy, I would give my left nut to be able to attend a Bills game and tailgate and get $#!tfaced in the parking lot for a few days before we beat the crap out of a division rival. Once again, thanks, but NO THANKS. I'LL KEEP MY BILLS AND DO SO PROUDLY.

TigerJ
04-11-2011, 10:42 PM
im sure everyone on here would sell their soul for the bills to be good again.

good for fletcher ill thank the non existent one that hes being average on a different team

Ummm, no. While I hope for the Bills to be good again, I've no intention of selling my soul to make it happen.

Mike
04-12-2011, 12:11 AM
I Just wish he found playoffs and super bowls

Apparently, Faith is not enough!