PDA

View Full Version : Canucks playoff thread

mightysimi
04-12-2011, 11:27 AM
I know you east coasters don't get to watch Van that often but they really are a wicked team. Best top 6 D-men in the league, 2 X 40 goal scorers, 2X 90+ point players, Goaltender 1st in wins, 2nd in GAA, 4th in Save %, Most goals in the league, Jennings trophy winner, top PP, 3rd PK.

That has to be a recipe for success. Right?

G Wolly
04-12-2011, 11:35 AM

Theoretically.

mightysimi
04-12-2011, 11:36 AM
Theoretically.

Right. It's the special teams that I'm the most excited about. That is huge in the playoffs.

SabreEleven
04-12-2011, 11:36 AM
Check out....www.canucks.com

mightysimi
04-12-2011, 11:40 AM
Check out....www.canucks.com (http://www.canucks.com)

?? Not sure what you mean. Are you pointing me to the website of the team I follow?

SabreEleven
04-12-2011, 11:56 AM
Yea, they should have someone there who cares about your team

G Wolly
04-12-2011, 12:03 PM

Buffalo Sabres Zone Talk about your Buffalo Sabres and the NHL here!

I enjoy watching other teams.

elltrain22
04-12-2011, 12:08 PM
I know you east coasters don't get to watch Van that often but they really are a wicked team. Best top 6 D-men in the league, 2 X 40 goal scorers, 2X 90+ point players, Goaltender 1st in wins, 2nd in GAA, 4th in Save %, Most goals in the league, Jennings trophy winner, top PP, 3rd PK.

Vancouver is very intimidating on paper and also on tape. They are, IMHO, the most complete team in the NHL. They are awesome defensively, there special teams are 2nd to none, they have tough guys, speedsters, and one of the best goalies in the NHL. The one thing they lack, that is absolutely critical, is playoff experience. Not to sure against a veteran laden Detroit, or a savy San Jose squad that they'll be able to hold up, but the smart money says they'll definetley be very competitive.

Good luck to you guys, except if you meet us in the SC finals.

SabreEleven
04-12-2011, 12:09 PM
Buffalo Sabres Zone Talk about your Buffalo Sabres and the NHL here!

I enjoy watching other teams.

We'll have to get that changed

The King
04-12-2011, 12:13 PM
I like that the B's handled Vancouver... makes me feel a little more confident in the post season.

G Wolly
04-12-2011, 12:14 PM
Luongo has always been a reliable goalie.

The guys they put in front of him have all the skill needed to win in the playoffs, but as said, they lack the playoff experience.

I enjoy watching the Canucks when I can, being that Luongo is one of my favorite current goalies.

If my 'Yotes don't do so well in the West, I'm pulling for Vancouver.

trapezeus
04-12-2011, 12:37 PM
there can only be 1 team that started in 1970 to win the cup. and that team must be the sabres. the canucks can win next year.

mightysimi
04-12-2011, 12:54 PM
I like that the B's handled Vancouver... makes me feel a little more confident in the post season.

If Van actually gets to the final, the bruins are the team that I don't want. Too big for us.

G Wolly
04-12-2011, 01:00 PM
there can only be 1 team that started in 1970 to win the cup. and that team must be the sabres. the canucks can win next year.

That's another reason I'm a remote fan of the Canucks.

Same entry class.

mightysimi
04-12-2011, 01:01 PM

Maybe I can go there and talk about my owner because he has a lot to do with the team.

mightysimi
04-12-2011, 01:02 PM

The guys they put in front of him have all the skill needed to win in the playoffs, but as said, they lack the playoff experience.

I enjoy watching the Canucks when I can, being that Luongo is one of my favorite current goalies.

I have a soft spot for the coyotes being from Winnipeg myself so I'll appreciate it when you give them back!!

CuseJetsFan83
04-12-2011, 01:09 PM
yeah but the malhotra loss hurts more than you think.... the special teams might be in trouble

SabreEleven
04-12-2011, 01:33 PM
I'm a fan of one team and one team only, The Buffalo Sabres....**** everybody else.

chernobylwraiths
04-12-2011, 01:37 PM
I'd rather talk about Vancouver than Boston.

So, whatever happened to Trevor Linden?

G Wolly
04-12-2011, 01:41 PM
I'm a fan of one team and one team only, The Buffalo Sabres....**** everybody else.

Congratulations.

mightysimi
04-12-2011, 02:41 PM
yeah but the malhotra loss hurts more than you think.... the special teams might be in trouble

Oh no not more than I think. I'm actually am terrified. He was money on the draw.

mightysimi
04-12-2011, 02:42 PM
I'd rather talk about Vancouver than Boston.

So, whatever happened to Trevor Linden?

Retired as one of the all time greats. His performance in the 94 playoffs was awesome. Number in the rafters as it should be.

SabreEleven
04-12-2011, 03:23 PM
Congratulations.

and congratulations on your Blackhawks winning the Cup last year and your Penguins winning the year before and your Red Wings in 2008

G Wolly
04-12-2011, 04:31 PM
and congratulations on your Blackhawks winning the Cup last year and your Penguins winning the year before and your Red Wings in 2008

I like watching hockey. I'm a hockey fan.

I can enjoy being a fan of other teams, but my number 1 will always be the Sabres.

So quit your *****ing.

mightysimi
04-12-2011, 06:06 PM
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=559404

good news for the bruins

G Wolly
04-12-2011, 06:17 PM
I think this is Nashville's year.

Sorry Boston.

DMBcrew36
04-12-2011, 10:27 PM
Nothing wrong with having a Western team. I've been a Canucks fan for a while - year in and out. Proud to wear all the Canucks gear I've accumulated over the past few years. Sabres will always be my #1, though, obviously.

Nice to finally see the Canucks put the pieces together. Kesler has been one of my favorite players - nice to see him have such a dominant year. He's arguably the best U.S. born player in the league.

Electrici
04-13-2011, 02:27 AM

I'm hoping the Yotes can finally get past that bump in the road known as the Red Wings this year.

G Wolly
04-13-2011, 10:25 AM
I'm hoping the Yotes can finally get past that bump in the road known as the Red Wings this year.

Detroit is always a tough team to play. They've established their system and execute it well.

But last year PHX took it took seven games against them which I was honestly surprised by.

Let's go yotes.

mightysimi
04-13-2011, 10:29 AM
Detroit is always a tough team to play. They've established their system and execute it well.

But last year PHX took it took seven games against them which I was honestly surprised by.

Let's go yotes.

Please get rid of the Red Wings for us. I would like LA to win and Anaheim as Nashville has our number.

Electrici
04-13-2011, 10:57 AM

Let's go yotes.

It was a great series last year. On paper, the Yotes don't look like they have a chance. But then again, on paper they don't look like they could beat Edmonton. They have a real good team with a solid goaltender. Hell, even the Sabres have more big names than Phoenix!

Still hoping for a PHX/BUF final!

JD
04-13-2011, 11:51 AM
Nothing wrong with having a Western team. I've been a Canucks fan for a while - year in and out. Proud to wear all the Canucks gear I've accumulated over the past few years. Sabres will always be my #1, though, obviously.

Nice to finally see the Canucks put the pieces together. Kesler has been one of my favorite players - nice to see him have such a dominant year. He's arguably the best U.S. born player in the league.

Tainted! :brace:

We don't want you back.

mightysimi
04-13-2011, 12:46 PM
This one guy has Buf beating Van in the final
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=559279&navid=DL|NHL|home

SabreEleven
04-13-2011, 03:20 PM
What if Sports has Boston over Vancouver

http://www.whatifsports.com/nhl_playoffs_2011/bracket.asp

DMBcrew36
04-13-2011, 08:43 PM
Tainted! :brace:

We don't want you back.

Uh huh.

:yap:

SabreEleven
04-13-2011, 09:43 PM

Grab your **** and move to Vancouver then.

G Wolly
04-13-2011, 10:41 PM
Mr. Righteous over here.

DMBcrew36
04-14-2011, 12:06 AM
Grab your **** and move to Vancouver then.

Pfff.. don't be such a douchebag, Mr. Omaha Nebraska. Looks like I'm the one who actually cares to live here. There is nothing wrong with having a secondary Western team - if they ever faced, it's Sabres all the way. I guarantee you that you are no bigger a Sabres fan than I. Seems to be some people on here who have probably never laced up skates and played on real teams, and as an extension of that, the only hockey they watch the Sabres. I'm not just a fan of the Sabres, I'm a fan of game of hockey itself. Don't be so closed minded.

I came here to talk hockey - but apparently some people don't want to do that.

DMBcrew36
04-14-2011, 12:13 AM
Anyways - back to the purpose of the threat.

Solid game by the Canucks. It could've been 5-0 Vancouver. Luongo was very solid between the pipes.

SabreEleven
04-14-2011, 07:28 AM
Pfff.. don't be such a douchebag, Mr. Omaha Nebraska. Looks like I'm the one who actually cares to live here. There is nothing wrong with having a secondary Western team - if they ever faced, it's Sabres all the way. I guarantee you that you are no bigger a Sabres fan than I. Seems to be some people on here who have probably never laced up skates and played on real teams, and as an extension of that, the only hockey they watch the Sabres. I'm not just a fan of the Sabres, I'm a fan of game of hockey itself. Don't be so closed minded.

I came here to talk hockey - but apparently some people don't want to do that.

I might have left Buffalo 25 years ago to serve my country but at least I never became a fan of another team in all of the places that I lived. If you are a fan of another team so much that you are buying their merchandise, you aren't a real fan. I love watching NHL Center Ice and watching other teams, I'm just not jumping on the hot team for that season. Real fans pick one team and stick with them. You've lived in Buffalo your whole life, HUGE Sabres fan yet you love the Canucks?. That just doesn't compute to real fan. Oh, I forgot, you played hockey, Sorry, Scotty Bowman. Nice Sabres avatar.

Nice personal attack, BTW.

Dude
04-14-2011, 07:45 AM
OK, OK - simmah dahn now.

"Real fan" arguments are the best, aren't they?

DMBcrew36
04-14-2011, 08:01 AM
I might have left Buffalo 25 years ago to serve my country but at least I never became a fan of another team in all of the places that I lived. If you are a fan of another team so much that you are buying their merchandise, you aren't a real fan. I love watching NHL Center Ice and watching other teams, I'm just not jumping on the hot team for that season. Real fans pick one team and stick with them. You've lived in Buffalo your whole life, HUGE Sabres fan yet you love the Canucks?. That just doesn't compute to real fan. Oh, I forgot, you played hockey, Sorry, Scotty Bowman. Nice Sabres avatar.

"Real fans." Ok bud - write a book on it, since you seem to be the defining source. From now on I'll ask you what I can wear or not wear to be a 'true' Sabres fan like you. I still find it funny - you don't even live here. And who cares what my avatar is - its been the same for over a year.

As far as personal attacks - I came to talk hockey and the first thing out of your mouth involves NO hockey discussion but instead is a personal shot at me.

SabreEleven
04-14-2011, 08:04 AM
"Real fans." Ok bud - write a book on it, since you seem to be the defining source. From now on I'll ask you what I can wear or not wear to be a 'true' Sabres fan like you. I still find it funny - you don't even live here.

As far as personal attacks. I came to talk hockey and the first thing out of your mouth involves NO hockey discussion but instead is a personal shot at me. So **** you hypocrite.

I said you weren't a real fan after you called me a douchbag. I can see your dick falling out of your skirt, Mr. Canuck.

I also guess you missed the part that I was in the military for 25 years to protect your right to jump from bandwagon to bandwagon.

SabreEleven
04-14-2011, 08:05 AM
"Real fans." Ok bud - write a book on it, since you seem to be the defining source. From now on I'll ask you what I can wear or not wear to be a 'true' Sabres fan like you. I still find it funny - you don't even live here. And who cares what my avatar is - its been the same for over a year.

As far as personal attacks - I came to talk hockey and the first thing out of your mouth involves NO hockey discussion but instead is a personal shot at me.

Where did I take a personal shot at you and called you childish names?

DMBcrew36
04-14-2011, 08:22 AM
I also guess you missed the part that I was in the military for 25 years to protect your right to jump from bandwagon to bandwagon.

Whatever man - I bet you were compensated greatly for it. I'm assuming you're retired? And probably got to do so at a very early age (much earlier than 65)? Probably still receiving lots of benefits from Uncle Sam? Free health care? So whatever. Thanks for your service - but I'm ready to talk about hockey.

DMBcrew36
04-14-2011, 08:30 AM
http://watch.tsn.ca/featured/clip450041#clip450041

Stat that jumps out from Game 1... Hawks were out-hit 47-21.

SabreEleven
04-14-2011, 08:31 AM
Whatever man - I bet you were compensated greatly for it. I'm assuming you're retired? And probably got to do so at a very early age (much earlier than 65)? Probably still receiving lots of benefits from Uncle Sam? Free health care? So whatever. Thanks for your service - but I'm ready to talk about hockey.

I actually just retired on 1 Apr. I don't get free health care per say but it's cheaper than most health care. I am a military retiree and receiving a nice income supplement but it's not enough to sit around the house in my underwear. I just got a job offer in Omaha that I would have never gotten in Buffalo plus my wife who is from LA would NOT make it through one Buffalo winter.

chernobylwraiths
04-14-2011, 08:43 AM
Wow. Do I gotta choose sides? It's between a guy who has laced em up before and a guy who "protected my rights of free speech"? I just can't tell which is the "bigger" fan.

Why don't you guys put away your rulers and take your manhood off the table and just talk hockey.

S11, surely a few threads about teams other than the Sabres wouldn't kill you. DMB, just because some of us didn't play ice hockey doesn't mean we don't know or appreciate the game.

DMBcrew36
04-14-2011, 09:30 AM
Anyone else catch the game? Thoughts?

chernobylwraiths
04-14-2011, 09:45 AM

You will probably have a hard time finding anyone who caught the game for two very good reasons.

1. Most of us on here are Sabres fans and pretty much only watch Sabres games.

2. Since it was a west coast game starting at about 10 PM local time, most people wouldn't stay up to watch since they have to work in the morning.

mightysimi
04-14-2011, 10:25 AM

Yes it was a good game. Vancouver looked to handle them in every facet of the game. There was probably 8 minutes towards the end of the second where Chi controlled the play but Luongo played solid. That and a few posts help.

The canucks looked a little nervous though. I mean Burrows missing a wide open Daniel on a three on two. Doesn't happen.

Chicago had to ride toews, Kane and Sharp a lot. If they have to keep doing that, they are going to be dead half way through the series.

DMBcrew36
04-14-2011, 10:59 AM
You will probably have a hard time finding anyone who caught the game for two very good reasons.

1. Most of us on here are Sabres fans and pretty much only watch Sabres games.

2. Since it was a west coast game starting at about 10 PM local time, most people wouldn't stay up to watch since they have to work in the morning.

Yeah, it is hard when the games start at 10. I had to walk around the house a bit and get some caffeine because I was starting to fall asleep at 9:30. I'm definitely trying to watch all playoff games, though, not just for the Canucks and Sabres, but for all teams. I'm at work on 5 hours sleep. :snooze:

G Wolly
04-14-2011, 11:33 AM
Well. I don't get to sleep until 3 am every night, and even though I'm a Sabres die-hard I can enjoy watching other teams.

So.

I watched the game and Vancouver sure outplayed Chicago. Luongo was typical Luongo being as solid as any goalie could be. However, on the other side, Crawford had to come up big a few times which he did, but it wasn't enough.

Hopefully that game indicates the start of an exciting, competitive series, that I'd like to see Vancouver come out of.

P.S. "Real fan" arguments are childish.

JD
04-14-2011, 12:05 PM

Personal attacks don't exist anymore.. you should know that :bs:

DMBcrew36
04-14-2011, 12:13 PM
Well. I don't get to sleep until 3 am every night, and even though I'm a Sabres die-hard I can enjoy watching other teams.

So.

I watched the game and Vancouver sure outplayed Chicago. Luongo was typical Luongo being as solid as any goalie could be. However, on the other side, Crawford had to come up big a few times which he did, but it wasn't enough.

Hopefully that game indicates the start of an exciting, competitive series, that I'd like to see Vancouver come out of.

P.S. "Real fan" arguments are childish.

You look at the hits ... 47-21... and the question was whether Vancouver was giving up chances by taking themselves out of position to make a hit.

Chicago did get some quality chances - notably Campbell's point-blank chance in front. Luongo was as good as could be, though.

G Wolly
04-14-2011, 12:18 PM
You look at the hits ... 47-21... and the question was whether Vancouver was giving up chances by taking themselves out of position to make a hit.

In playoff hockey, physicality has to be a top 3 priority.

Plus with a goalie like Luongo you can afford to give up position more than other teams might, but they shouldn't use that as a crutch, which may have been their downfall before. Letting them get too many chances and eventually cashing in enough to beat the Canucks.

mightysimi
04-14-2011, 12:28 PM
In playoff hockey, physicality has to be a top 3 priority.

Plus with a goalie like Luongo you can afford to give up position more than other teams might, but they shouldn't use that as a crutch, which may have been their downfall before. Letting them get too many chances and eventually cashing in enough to beat the Canucks.

Their D is solid. They were able to roll 3 sets of D pretty much the whole game. That is going to pay off big time as the series rolls on.

G Wolly
04-14-2011, 12:31 PM
And thats why many people feel they have the chops to go far this season.

They're built for it, it's a matter of executing now.

mightysimi
04-16-2011, 12:03 AM
Wooo!! Daniel Sedin was huge!! Not the greatest game for Luongo but a win is a win. Nice to be up 2-0.

SABURZFAN
04-16-2011, 10:29 AM
Wooo!! Daniel Sedin was huge!! Not the greatest game for Luongo but a win is a win. Nice to be up 2-0.

Canucks are looking good. got a chance to watch some of the game last night before i nodded off.

SabreEleven
04-16-2011, 11:40 AM
That atmosphere at that game was crazy. The whole crowd singing O Canada was awesome.

mightysimi
04-17-2011, 09:35 AM
I also liked the MVP chants for Daniel Sedin. He definitely deserves to be in the discussion.

hammerbillsfan
04-17-2011, 09:45 PM
Hawks are done

chernobylwraiths
04-18-2011, 05:35 AM
That atmosphere at that game was crazy. The whole crowd singing O Canada was awesome.

It still surprises me that ALL hockey games don't start out with both national anthems.

SabreEleven
04-18-2011, 05:46 AM
It still surprises me that ALL hockey games don't start out with both national anthems.

At least the ones that are played above the Mason-Dixon line.

kelly2reed4six
04-18-2011, 09:28 AM
This team is phenomenal. Can we just start the off-season now?? There is no way I see this team not winning the cup.

mightysimi
04-18-2011, 10:44 AM

Can I ask why?

mightysimi
04-18-2011, 10:46 AM
This team is phenomenal. Can we just start the off-season now?? There is no way I see this team not winning the cup.

I agree they are good but anyone can run into a hot goalie. Too many years of frustration and heartbreak to get my hopes up.

chernobylwraiths
04-18-2011, 11:06 AM
Can I ask why?

I grew up listening to the Sabres and hearing two. I guess it isn't as prevalent now, but back then the players were like 90% Canadian. I figured it would be appropriate to play both if the team is predominately Canadian.

I can definitely understand that other markets don't play the Canadian anthem. I also understand we play it mostly due to our proximity to Canada and the fact that we have a decent amount of Canadian season ticket holders.

When I say surprise, it just constantly forget when watching an away game and actually being able to watch the singing of the anthems that other teams don't do it. That is mostly why the surprise.

G Wolly
04-18-2011, 11:15 AM
I think that if it's played in America, sing the American anthem.

OR the Canadian anthem for Canadian games. But not both.

I understand the Canadian fans coming down for games and vice versa, but sing the anthem of the country the game is in.

DMBcrew36
04-18-2011, 01:18 PM
Huge hit on Seabrook by Raffi Torres last night. Seabrook is one tough SOB - most players wouldn't have gotten up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeZDE9H3_vU

Glad to see the league didn't take any further action. I was reading on TSN how GMs decided they wanted to be more lenient with hits that came behind the net when it came to Rule 48. Bottom line, Seabrooks needs to keep his head up. It probably helps Torres' case that he stopped skating near the faceoff circle and cruised in before landing the hit, rather than taking strides to pick-up speed.

DMBcrew36
04-18-2011, 01:26 PM
I think that if it's played in America, sing the American anthem.

OR the Canadian anthem for Canadian games. But not both.

I understand the Canadian fans coming down for games and vice versa, but sing the anthem of the country the game is in.

If its two Canadian teams playing, play the Canadian anthem.

If its two American teams playing, play the American anthem.

If its a Canadian team playing an American team, play both.

G Wolly
04-18-2011, 02:06 PM
If its two Canadian teams playing, play the Canadian anthem.

If its two American teams playing, play the American anthem.

If its a Canadian team playing an American team, play both.

That was my underlying meaning, but yes. This.

chernobylwraiths
04-18-2011, 02:30 PM
I like having both anthems, despite who we play.

mightysimi
04-18-2011, 03:16 PM
I like having both anthems, despite who we play.

Ahh. I thought you were going to reference player nationality.

chernobylwraiths
04-18-2011, 03:21 PM

I did, but that was more originally, back in the 70s when most players were Canadian. Now, it is less.

Some people just don't care. Again, I like it. It is a class move by an organization that has a lot of Canadian fans and season ticket holders.

chernobylwraiths
04-18-2011, 03:21 PM

I answered your question a little above.

mightysimi
04-18-2011, 05:43 PM
I did, but that was more originally, back in the 70s when most players were Canadian. Now, it is less.

Some people just don't care. Again, I like it. It is a class move by an organization that has a lot of Canadian fans and season ticket holders.

Agreed it is a class move. I don't mind it either. However unless they want a ton of backlash from foreign countries, it would have to remain the national anthem of the city. Not that I think the players would care just lots of people with too much time on their hands. Some people will find anything to complain about.

chernobylwraiths
04-18-2011, 10:01 PM
Agreed it is a class move. I don't mind it either. However unless they want a ton of backlash from foreign countries, it would have to remain the national anthem of the city. Not that I think the players would care just lots of people with too much time on their hands. Some people will find anything to complain about.

Just wondering, are there a lot of people that say that Luongo isn't a top flight goalie in the playoffs or that he just isn't a playoff goalie? I find it funny that if your goalie is your best player and the team loses, it is all his fault. I remember people saying Hasek wasn't good enough to win us a Stanley Cup.

mightysimi
04-20-2011, 10:46 AM
Just wondering, are there a lot of people that say that Luongo isn't a top flight goalie in the playoffs or that he just isn't a playoff goalie? I find it funny that if your goalie is your best player and the team loses, it is all his fault. I remember people saying Hasek wasn't good enough to win us a Stanley Cup.

I think a lot is media created. However he has yet to prove it in the playoffs. I think he is playing pretty well right now. After all those years on ****ty teams, this is only his 3rd crack at the playoffs. So still relatively inexperienced in the playoffs but what hurt him last year was that he was fighting the puck and giving up soft goals and giving away momentum. This year he looks more solid, less rebounds and more square to the shooter. As a former goalie myself, I understand the theory of blame the goalie but they do have to go through 5 guys to get to you.

chernobylwraiths
04-20-2011, 10:51 AM
but they do have to go through 5 guys to get to you.

Ha, you need to watch more Sabres games. Usually they only have to go through one or two and they are only hacking at their sticks.

G Wolly
04-20-2011, 10:52 AM
As a former goalie myself, I understand the theory of blame the goalie but they do have to go through 5 guys to get to you.

On a night where you allow 6 goals, you can't only blame the goalie.

Even in a tight game, you can't always blame the goalie.

But he's there to make his stops. Sometimes they have off nights and allow softies, which deserve plenty of blame.

mightysimi
04-20-2011, 12:14 PM
On a night where you allow 6 goals, you can't only blame the goalie.

Even in a tight game, you can't always blame the goalie.

But he's there to make his stops. Sometimes they have off nights and allow softies, which deserve plenty of blame.

That is true. There are nights when you are off. That was case last year. Lots of softies. The counter to that is those games where everything hits you. Like in game 1.

mightysimi
04-21-2011, 10:15 PM
OK I'm seriously panicked. Luongo looks like a sieve.

PTI
04-21-2011, 10:49 PM
OK I'm seriously panicked. Luongo looks like a sieve.
They did have the best backup goalie in the NHL this year....?!?!?

mightysimi
04-22-2011, 12:40 AM
I know but how do you not play the guy you still have under contract for 11 more seasons. It's not like you can play Schneider and get rid of Luongo.

CuseJetsFan83
04-22-2011, 12:47 AM
considering i think they need to "wake up" luongo, i'd play schneider....... and if he suffers a tad, throw roberto in

mightysimi
04-22-2011, 10:50 AM
That might be true but they will play Luongo.

JD
04-22-2011, 11:07 AM
Holy average-looking batman! Where are these all-mighty Canucks I've been hearing about?

G Wolly
04-22-2011, 11:45 AM

L

O

L

Uh-oh

The King
04-22-2011, 12:02 PM
Luo is a Vezina finalist. Ride or die.

SkateZilla
04-22-2011, 12:08 PM
The Vancouver Sedin's ......

DMBcrew36
04-22-2011, 03:14 PM
Vancouver Canucks head coach Alain Vigneault quickly shot down any notion of a goaltending controversy following Thursday's disappointing 5-0 loss to the Chicago Blackhawks in Game 5 of their first-round series.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=363210

G Wolly
04-22-2011, 03:21 PM
Vancouver Canucks head coach Alain Vigneault quickly shot down any notion of a goaltending controversy following Thursday's disappointing 5-0 loss to the Chicago Blackhawks in Game 5 of their first-round series.

Maybe there's a coaching controversy.

SkateZilla
04-22-2011, 04:49 PM
gO bLACK HAWKs

mightysimi
04-22-2011, 07:17 PM
Luo is a Vezina finalist. Ride or die.

Agreed. However if I see one more goal go in high glove side I'll be at best buy replacing my TV.

CuseJetsFan83
04-22-2011, 09:52 PM
and the hawks will be up 2-0 within the first 5 minutes and here comes cory

mightysimi
04-23-2011, 05:25 PM
and the hawks will be up 2-0 within the first 5 minutes and here comes cory

You think. I think they will be settled down on the road. I think it will be a ground out Vancouver win.

The King
04-25-2011, 11:10 AM
If Vancouver chokes this away Im buying stock in Best Buy.

G Wolly
04-25-2011, 12:14 PM
http://img580.imageshack.us/img580/628/19174048.jpg

hammerbillsfan
04-26-2011, 11:44 PM
Game 7 overtime!!! :hockey:

mightysimi
04-27-2011, 07:30 AM
Holy **** what a game!!! Van all over them for the whole game. Chi scores SH with less than 2 min left. Talk about a deflating goal. Then Burrows!!! Best 2 million dollar player in the league. Bring on Nashville.

chernobylwraiths
04-27-2011, 07:36 AM
Tough draw to get the Stanley Cup champions right out of the gate, and it is the team that has eliminated your team what, the last two years? I think you exercised the demons right there on your way to your first Cup.

mightysimi
04-27-2011, 02:16 PM
Tough draw to get the Stanley Cup champions right out of the gate, and it is the team that has eliminated your team what, the last two years? I think you exercised the demons right there on your way to your first Cup.

Lets hope so. However, I hope Det/SJ play a 7 game slug fest.

mightysimi
04-29-2011, 07:38 AM
That's why I hate Nashville. They hang around, block a lot of shots, have a good goalie and one bounce and they're back in the game.

mightysimi
05-05-2011, 11:49 PM
Anyone see Kesler's goal!!! busts through 2 guys (Suter, Webber) and buries it!! Huge game winner.

G Wolly
05-06-2011, 01:00 AM
Kesler is a heck of a player.

And has the best personal logo for an athlete i've ever seen.

But that's my graphic design/logo nerd side of me. You can see in incorporates "R" "K" and "17" which amazes me.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d95/bowld/ept_sports_nhl_experts-341092459-1288722624.jpg

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-06-2011, 04:25 AM
And has the best personal logo for an athlete i've ever seen.

But that's my graphic design/logo nerd side of me. You can see in incorporates "R" "K" and "17" which amazes me.

LOL

G Wolly
05-06-2011, 11:36 AM
LOL

If replying to my posts and making jokes is your way of hitting on me, I'm not interested.

rbochan
05-07-2011, 09:52 AM
The Canucks look like the Italian national football team with all their diving.

mightysimi
05-13-2011, 09:22 PM
The Canucks look like the Italian national football team with all their diving.

The Sabres look like Tiger Woods with all their golfing

mightysimi
05-18-2011, 11:58 PM
Dominant game. Through and through. PP was lethal. I hope they can keep this going in Shark Tank!!

hammerbillsfan
05-19-2011, 01:01 AM
this was the highlight

http://youtu.be/QMZR954NWl0

G Wolly
05-19-2011, 03:08 AM
What kind of smut are you trying to sell us here?

Freak.

EDIT: I assume you're referring to the boobies.

WARNING MY LINK CONTAINS BOOBS. DON'T CLICK IF YOU DON'T WANNA SEE BOOBS.

BOOBS.

BOOBS.

http://i.imgur.com/lUnyi.jpg

TheGhostofJimKelly
05-19-2011, 05:33 AM
If replying to my posts and making jokes is your way of hitting on me, I'm not interested.

Obviously you aren't hit on very often.

G Wolly
05-19-2011, 02:33 PM
Ok.

You make me feel uncomfortable.

mightysimi
05-25-2011, 09:39 AM
Next!! Bring on the B's or Bolts. Whoop!!

G Wolly
05-25-2011, 01:25 PM
After all the intensity and back-and-forth gameplay, the Canucks win off a crazy bounce and an easy shot on goal.

Crazy ending.

trapezeus
05-25-2011, 03:43 PM
if the bruins get in, i'm rooting for the canucks like the sabres are in the cup. i just hate boston sports too much.

SkateZilla
05-25-2011, 04:38 PM
the puck obviously hit the glass with that flasher chick standing behind it... caused a rubber bouncing effect

mightysimi
05-25-2011, 09:28 PM
Watching the game I had no idea what happened until it was in. I thought it went straight up in the air. What a ridiculous shot that goes in. I think it bounced 3 times. They all count though.

rbochan
05-26-2011, 05:43 AM
Watching the game I had no idea what happened until it was in...

Because the ****-all VS announcer were too busy babbling about random bull**** and not doing play by play.

mightysimi
05-26-2011, 07:28 AM
Because the ****-all VS announcer were too busy babbling about random bull**** and not doing play by play.

I was watching CBC and Jim Hughson (who I believe is the best in the game) wasn't even sure where it was.

The King
05-26-2011, 07:31 AM
The VS guys are attrocious. Doc Emrick is a ****

mightysimi
05-26-2011, 10:33 AM
The VS guys are attrocious. Doc Emrick is a ****

Agreed. They do blow. At least they try to stay excited during the game but it sounds fake.

SkateZilla
05-26-2011, 01:19 PM
VS Announcers make me wanna vomit.

mightysimi
05-26-2011, 06:51 PM
I just watched the goal with the vs commentary and they are horrible. They said "Edler shoots it around the glass...pause for like 8 sec, it's in. " Nice call there jackass.

G Wolly
05-26-2011, 07:53 PM
I just watched the goal with the vs commentary and they are horrible. They said "Edler shoots it around the glass...pause for like 8 sec, it's in. " Nice call there jackass.

I'm not sure why you are upset with that call.

Everyone except for Bieksa knew where the puck went, until he put it past Niemi. It was a very strange bounce and I can't blame the announcers for that call.

Otherwise, they all suck. Especially when they refer to their playing days.

mightysimi
05-27-2011, 09:37 AM
I'm not sure why you are upset with that call.

Everyone except for Bieksa knew where the puck went, until he put it past Niemi. It was a very strange bounce and I can't blame the announcers for that call.

Otherwise, they all suck. Especially when they refer to their playing days.

I'm not upset so much as astounded that a play by play announcer who does this for a living had nothing to say for like 5 seconds. That's a while in PBP time. Even Jim Hughson didn't know where the puck was but at least was letting the people know what he didn't see instead of just sitting there. John Shorthouse of the Canucks broadcast saw the puck the whole time though and called it perfectly.

mightysimi
05-27-2011, 09:39 AM
So Bruins or Bolts? Who do you guys think the Canucks have a better shot at? I'm undecided. It appears that the Bruins have less offence but Chara and Thomas can shut down a team and they might be a little big for our small fast guys but Tampa has great offence and substandard D and goaltending. It's a toss up. Either way I'm hoping for like 6 OT's and a ton of injuries. Nothing serious just injuries to keep them out of the series.

SkateZilla
05-27-2011, 09:44 AM
Bolts

The King
05-27-2011, 10:38 AM
I want to puke im so nervous.

G Wolly
05-27-2011, 05:42 PM
John Shorthouse of the Canucks broadcast saw the puck the whole time though and called it perfectly.

Well, then he's obviously a witch.

mightysimi
05-27-2011, 08:28 PM
Well, then he's obviously a witch.

Burn him!!!

mightysimi
05-27-2011, 09:11 PM
I want to puke im so nervous.

Wow Roloson. You got to bury those chances.

mightysimi
05-27-2011, 09:42 PM
It's on Boston!

The King
05-27-2011, 11:44 PM
ITS SHOWTIME!

mightysimi
05-28-2011, 11:33 PM
Malhotra is cleared to play!! That is extremely good news. One of the best face off men in the league and a defensive and PK dynamo. Bring on Wed!!

The King
05-31-2011, 09:24 AM
Tickets go on sale at 11... wish me luck.

SabreEleven
05-31-2011, 10:05 AM
Good luck, Vancouver.

The King
05-31-2011, 10:51 AM
absolutely zero luck getting tickets.

mightysimi
05-31-2011, 11:28 AM
Really ticketmaster here still is advertising for Boston. I heard they are releasing singles tomorrow so I'm going to try and jump on that.

The King
05-31-2011, 11:38 AM
Nope not one hit.

The King
05-31-2011, 11:39 AM
hit me with a link if you have one... for the Canuck link to boston

mightysimi
05-31-2011, 06:19 PM
Yeah sorry I went to the ticketmaster site which was saying find tickets for the games at the garden as opposed to get info or something which indicated there was nothing. Upon further investigation, when I got to select how many tickets and what price, which I couldn't do for the Canadian games, it says none available. So at first glance it looked like there was tickets. Sorry to get your hopes up.

Although here is the link to stub hub which says tons of tickets left.
http://www.stubhub.com/search/doSearch?pageNumber=1&rows=50&searchMode=event&channel=28;Sports&location=674;Boston,%20MA&searchStr=&startDate=2011-05-31;05/31/11%20to%2012/01/11&endDate=2011-12-01;12/01/11

The King
06-01-2011, 07:35 AM
Im not spending $500 to go... I just cant justify that

SkateZilla
06-01-2011, 11:31 AM
only the boston games are sold online??

mightysimi
06-01-2011, 05:46 PM
only the boston games are sold online??

No it's just that it appeared for a while on the Canadian ticketmaster was still advertising tickets in Boston. We just got the internet last year in Canada!!

mightysimi
06-01-2011, 05:47 PM
Im not spending $500 to go... I just cant justify that
I wish they were only 500. They are going for 1300 for upper bowl in Van!! Brutal.