PDA

View Full Version : Could be crucial in the series

mightysimi
04-12-2011, 03:11 PM
VOORHEES, N.J. -- Philadelphia Flyers defenceman Chris Pronger (http://tsn.ca/nhl/teams/players/?name=chris+pronger) is confident he'll take part in the playoffs against the Buffalo Sabres, though he's noncommittal about suiting up for Game 1.
Pronger, a former NHL MVP, has been sidelined since having hand surgery in March. He also missed time with a foot injury and was limited to just 50 games this season.
The Flyers won the Atlantic Division and finished second in the Eastern Conference. They'll host the Sabres in the series opener Thursday night.
Pronger skated and held a stick during practice Tuesday, but didn't take any shots. He suggested he might try Wednesday.

http://tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=361969

<SCRIPT type=text/javascript>// <![CDATA[if (document.getElementById('tsnCallout')) {var divText = document.getElementById('tsnCallout').innerHTML;var flashvars = {};flashvars.callOutText = divText;var params = {};params.wmode = 'transparent';params.allowscriptaccess = 'always';params.scale = 'noscale';params.salign = 'tl';var attributes = {};swfobject.embedSWF('http://www2.tsn.ca/media/flash/headlines/storyCallout.swf', 'tsnCallout', '340', '1', '8.0.0', false, flashvars, params, attributes);}// ]]></SCRIPT>

elltrain22
04-12-2011, 04:51 PM
Your darn right its critical. I was hoping that punk wouldn't make it back, but I guess my hopes will be crushed. He will def' make a very big difference in this series if he plays.

JD
04-12-2011, 07:23 PM
New report out of Philly says Pronger out for game 1, possibly game 2 as well.

WINNING

FlyingDutchman
04-12-2011, 08:33 PM
Im hearing from my philly friends that he might not be back til game 5 or 6

CuseJetsFan83
04-13-2011, 01:24 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/blog/puck_daddy/post/Puck-Headlines-Zetterberg-out-Briere-8217-s-C?urn=nhl-wp2419#remaining-content

• Oh, Danny Briere you scamp and/or ass-coverer: The Philadelphia Flyers forward told WGR in Buffalo that Chris Pronger will not play in Game 1 of their series against the Sabres and said it was "very possible" Prongs would miss the first round. Later, he told reporters in Philly that he was having a laugh with WGR, and that he "had no clue" about Pronger's status.

Michael82
04-13-2011, 01:29 AM
****! I was hoping that be wouldn't be back yet. :ill:

Michael82
04-13-2011, 01:31 AM
Im hearing from my philly friends that he might not be back til game 5 or 6
Hopefully he misses the whole round.

elltrain22
04-13-2011, 05:09 AM
Hopefully he misses the whole round.

:pray:

casdhf
04-13-2011, 06:37 AM
If we beat Philly, I want them to have Pronger.

rbochan
04-13-2011, 06:39 AM
"We're not playing Pronger."

-- Drew Stafford

chernobylwraiths
04-13-2011, 07:40 AM
If he plays, he plays. I'm more worried about players like Briere, Richards, Giroeax (sp?) and Carter.

trapezeus
04-13-2011, 08:18 AM
maybe philly can all up darien hatcher back. that was fun in 06 when the sabres just flew by him and philly fans kept telling us that he was an important piece to their championship run.

elltrain22
04-13-2011, 09:25 AM
If he plays, he plays. I'm more worried about players like Briere, Richards, Giroeax (sp?) and Carter.

yeah, good point.

G Wolly
04-13-2011, 10:22 AM
Last night on the news I saw they asked Briere if he's playing and he said no.

Then they asked Lindy what he thought and he said "Danny wouldn't lie" and broke a little smile, as if to know he may be being tricked.

I hate Pronger. I don't want him to play.

YardRat
04-13-2011, 10:23 AM
***** the Phlyers.

Ebenezer
04-13-2011, 10:35 AM
Look what happened in the final regular season home game. Buffalo took the lead and from nowhere the Flyers start decking every Sabre that moves without penatly until he game was tied. If the refs let the Flyers get away with a bunch of crap then the Flyers will win regardless who is playing.

YardRat
04-13-2011, 10:41 AM
Look what happened in the final regular season home game. Buffalo took the lead and from nowhere the Flyers start decking every Sabre that moves without penatly until he game was tied. If the refs let the Flyers get away with a bunch of crap then the Flyers will win regardless who is playing.

That's playoff hockey, and has been for years with few exceptions.

Build for it, or get knocked out in the first round.

Ebenezer
04-13-2011, 10:45 AM
That's playoff hockey, and has been for years with few exceptions.

Build for it, or get knocked out in the first round.

A penalty is a penalty whether it happens in the first minute of the first game of the year or the last minute of a Cup deciding game...might be the reason some see the NHL as a joke.

chernobylwraiths
04-13-2011, 12:36 PM
A penalty is a penalty whether it happens in the first minute of the first game of the year or the last minute of a Cup deciding game...might be the reason some see the NHL as a joke.

Couldn't agree more. They stopped calling interference as much as they should. Nothing wrong with tough hockey, but allowing that crap kills the game.

mightysimi
04-13-2011, 02:41 PM

Some might argue that there is holding on every play in football. What if they called them all? Wouldn't it kill the flow? I agree that penalties are penalties but if there isn't a scoring chance stopped or gained, the penalty threshold goes up.

Michael82
04-13-2011, 02:49 PM
Especially Briere. I still can't believe they let him leave.... :sigh: :mad:

SabreEleven
04-13-2011, 03:41 PM
I think one way to beat Bob is to shoot high. He goes down earlier than Lecter on a Saturday night. If the Sabres shoot high, they'll have success.