PDA

View Full Version : My new mock 4.0

T-Long
04-12-2011, 04:47 PM
Let me have it guys...

MOCK DRAFT 4.0 (http://www.thefanhub.com/903/elsewhere/nfl/thefanhub-mock-draft-40.html)

EDS
04-12-2011, 04:57 PM
Let me have it guys...

MOCK DRAFT 4.0 (http://www.thefanhub.com/903/elsewhere/nfl/thefanhub-mock-draft-40.html)

I think Bowers is a defensive end. I don't see how he could realistically play any other position.

T-Long
04-12-2011, 05:05 PM
I think Bowers is a defensive end. I don't see how he could realistically play any other position.
I never said he could play OLB, that must have been Dave J.

Novacane
04-12-2011, 05:17 PM
I hope not . Don't want to see either of your picks go to the Bills. Fitz is as good of an option as Gabbert imo. Don't want Bowers because of the injury.

Novacane
04-12-2011, 05:22 PM
Dave's take on the Bills is awful . He has us taking an injured guy at #3 then says we can trade back into the first for a QB. We suck. We can't be picking injured players and trading away picks for QB's.

Novacane
04-12-2011, 05:25 PM
they can easily trade back into the first round and try and grab a QB later. Many would argue, “We tried that once, with one Mr. J.P. Losman, and that didn’t turn out too well”. Well, once I asked a girl to go home with me from a bar, she said no, but that didn’t mean I stopped trying.

The first girl said no so he started asking out the fat ugly girls. That's what he's suggesting the Bills do with that analogy.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
04-12-2011, 05:28 PM
i hope we take gabbert
i know many dont want a qb but i do

psubills62
04-12-2011, 06:47 PM
Terry, are these picks who you think they will take or who you think they should take?

Dave thinks Bowers is a defensive end/tackle?! Seriously?

T-Long
04-12-2011, 06:53 PM
Terry, are these picks who you think they will take or who you think they should take?

Dave thinks Bowers is a defensive end/tackle?! Seriously?

They are picks of who I think they will take. But with the Bills pick and that is how the first 2 pan out, then I would want them to take Gabbert and I think they would.

bigbub2352
04-12-2011, 09:24 PM
the way i look at it gabbert or newton being taken at 3 to me means the bills are looking to take the chance and improve the franchise as a whole...im ok with that...that being said i think i would prefer pass rush but again u got to like what either qb bring to the table

YardRat
04-12-2011, 09:40 PM
Let me have it guys...

Your buddy Dave is a dumbass, and your avatar sucks moose balls.

TigerJ
04-12-2011, 10:22 PM
I never said he could play OLB, that must have been Dave J. Actually, Dave said he could play DE and DT. Maybe he could slip inside a bit in the 4-3, but I think 99% of the time he's going to play DE. I do think he's scheme versatile though. Gabbert has a legitimate chance of being drafted by the Bills, but I'm in the camp that thinks it's Miller or a trade down. I do think you got the first two picks right.

cookie G
04-12-2011, 10:42 PM
the arthritic knee is a...not so good sign.

Although we did draft Greg Bell when he was on crutches in the 80's.

TigerJ
04-12-2011, 10:50 PM
arthritis? Bowers had surgery on his knee back in December, but I hadn't heard anything about arthritis. He didn't do much of anything at the combine because he wasn't far enough along in his rehab. He performed poorly at his pro day for the same reason. There were rumors floating around about him needing microfracture surgery, which is very tricky business, but the Bills' medical staff has cleared him. Do you have a link to support the arthritis assertion?

cookie G
04-12-2011, 11:47 PM
arthritis? Bowers had surgery on his knee back in December, but I hadn't heard anything about arthritis. He didn't do much of anything at the combine because he wasn't far enough along in his rehab. He performed poorly at his pro day for the same reason. There were rumors floating around about him needing microfracture surgery, which is very tricky business, but the Bills' medical staff has cleared him. Do you have a link to support the arthritis assertion?

Steve Wyche was talking about it tonight on NFLN.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/09000d5d81f378f6/article/medical-followup-on-bowers-right-knee-doesnt-allay-concerns

Charlie Casserley mentioned the same thing.

That really doesn't sound good.

I feel bad for the kid. I saw us taking either him or Dareus.

alohabillsfan
04-13-2011, 07:22 AM
I wish I had not clicked on the link, AWFUL.

T-Long
04-13-2011, 11:06 AM
I wish I had not clicked on the link, AWFUL.
what parts were awful in terms of my mock? What did you agree with or disagree with? Just don't say it's awful. That's an "awful" post in a thread where people are commenting on specific parts of the mock.

Bill Cody
04-13-2011, 11:45 AM
4.0 mock lol

Mindbender
04-13-2011, 01:54 PM
I'd rather take Peterson or even Green if Newton and Dareus are gone.

Thief
04-14-2011, 11:34 AM
I think it is strange that both DT and NT are listed as needs but no TE.

T-Long
04-14-2011, 11:38 AM
I think it is strange that both DT and NT are listed as needs but no TE.
Those are his team needs, I posted mine on the previous mock but didn't include it in this one.

I agree that TE is an issue, but look at Gailey's history. He rarely utilizes the tight end spot and they have Shawn Nelson (if healthy) and they like Chandler. I don't think TE is on the radar for 2011.

SABURZFAN
04-14-2011, 04:20 PM
Bowers will be lucky to be drafted in the 1st round.

Extremebillsfan247
04-14-2011, 05:03 PM
Let me have it guys...

Not too bad. I'm in agreement with Dave at the top of that draft. I think Carolina will grab Dareus. Neither Gabbert, or Newton are safe enough picks at number 1, especially since there has yet to be a rookie salary cap. The top pick is sure to get a considerably wealthy contract. You wouldn't pay as much for a DT, as you would a QB at 1.

Now, if that turns out to be the pick at 1, don't be surprised to see Cincy try to leapfrog Buffalo in a swap with Denver to grab Cam Newton. That will leave Buffalo to take either Gabbert or Miller, and Miller might be the safer pick also at a spot of higher need than at QB. With Denver being behind us at that point, I see them taking Peterson. That will leave Gabbert sitting there for the Cards. That's how my top 5 shakes out at this point. JMO