X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DesertFox24
    • Jul 2005

AJ Green

I was listening to Buddy Nix last night and he said some things that got me thinking. He said they think Fitz is a really good QB and they just need to get some better people around him.

He also said he wants to draft a starter but also wants a guy that will help the team over the long haul and not what all these mock drafts say he should take.

Does that mean AJ Green and Kyle Rudolph or Luke Stocker?

AJ Green is a premier talent no doubt, and maybe I am just reading to much into it.
  • TacklingDummy
    Unreachable Douche
    • Jul 2002

Re: AJ Green

I'd be happy with Green and Rudolph.

Comment

• Buffalo Thriller
      • Sep 2010

Green is a freak.
      Originally posted by OpIv37
      You guys, the solution is so simple. Find the crazy kids who are shooting up the schools and have them shoot people getting off planes from West Africa.

No more school shootings, no more Ebola.

Obama would have thought of this already if he wasn't a pinko commie Nazi queer-loving wetback-loving Kenyan Indonesian Muslim.

Comment

• Novacane
        • Jul 2002

We'll have to win shootouts every week if they don't address the D.

Comment

• streetkings01
          • Jul 2006

Originally posted by Novacane
          We'll have to win shootouts every week if they don't address the D.
          This is what I dont understand.........people want us to draft a rookie this season to help us this season. It's very rare that a rookie defensive player other than a LB or S can come in an make an instant impact. We drafted a NT, DE, ILB & OLB in last years draft, plus we signed Merriman to a long term deal. Why are people so sure that those guys in year 2 wont make a huge jump???

We have 9 picks.......why is it if the 1st one isnt used on a defensive player than we haven't addressed our need and the defense will suck again?
          Last edited by streetkings01; 04-13-2011, 10:07 AM.
          You can call me streetkings

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
            Legendary Zoner
            • May 2009

i've said it for about 3 months now. i can't wait until the Bills take aj green and everyone's head on this forum explode.

Comment

• YardRat
              Well, lookie here...
              • Dec 2004

Originally posted by BuffaloBills06
              We have 9 picks.......why is it if the 1st one isnt used on a defensive player than we haven't addressed our need and the defense will suck again?
              We need an impact player with our first pick, and we need him on the defensive side of the ball. The guy we get at #3 should be THE cornerstone of the D, and the players that we drafted/signed last year can be filled in around him. We've got more than enough 'fillers', we need studs.

Any offensive player we get isn't going to help us in stopping other teams from rushing for 200 yards or dropping 30+ points on the scoreboard.
              YardRat Wall of Fame
              #56 DARRYL TALLEY
              #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• TigerJ
                • Jul 2002

This is what I dont understand.........people want us to draft a rookie this season to help us this season. It's very rare that a rookie defensive player other than a LB or S can come in an make an instant impact. We drafted a NT, DE, ILB & OLB in last years draft, plus we signed Merriman to a long term deal. Why are people so sure that those guys in year 2 wont make a huge jump???

You're right in that overall defensive players in a number of positions tend not to have an immediate impact. However, you would expect a player in the top five to have an impact regardless of position. Marcel Dareus would be the most likely defensive line prospect the Bills might consider at #3. I think the Bills would draft him expecting an immediate impact. He's got the body mass, quickness and strength already that some players need time to develop. He's had lots of experience in an elite college defense. He might not be at quite the ability level of Ndamakung Suh, but he's not all that far off, and Suh had an immediate impact.
                I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                  Unreachable Douche
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by YardRat
                  We've got more than enough 'fillers', we need studs.
                  Evans is overrated. Johnson could be a fluke. Green would not be a bad selection.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
                    • Jul 2005

Originally posted by YardRat
                    We need an impact player with our first pick, and we need him on the defensive side of the ball. The guy we get at #3 should be THE cornerstone of the D, and the players that we drafted/signed last year can be filled in around him. We've got more than enough 'fillers', we need studs.

Any offensive player we get isn't going to help us in stopping other teams from rushing for 200 yards or dropping 30+ points on the scoreboard.
                    If Dareus is there, it's a no brainer.

But other than him, do you see any front 7 players that you feel confident are cornerstone potential? I'm not sure I do. Von Miller, D'Quan Bowers, Nick Fairley - all have potential, but all have question marks.

If Dareus is gone, I really will not be surprised to see us pull the trigger on Patrick Peterson or AJ Green. At #3, need is not as important as ensuring that the guy you take is a difference maker. As you say above, we need studs. If studs are not available at our positions of greatest need, I think we should find one that we can use nonetheless.

But who knows, maybe OBD is really high on Miller, Bowers, or Fairley. I doubt Fairley, as I think we're more in the market for a 3-4 DE type or 3-4 OLB than DT.
                    Last edited by Saratoga Slim; 04-13-2011, 11:19 AM.
                    Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• Night Train
                      Retired - On Several Levels
                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by DesertFox24
                      I was listening to Buddy Nix last night and he said some things that got me thinking. He said they think Fitz is a really good QB and they just need to get some better people around him.

He also said he wants to draft a starter but also wants a guy that will help the team over the long haul and not what all these mock drafts say he should take.

AJ Green is a premier talent no doubt, and maybe I am just reading to much into it.
                      Pats got 18 total TD from 2 rookie TE's last season.

I think you're onto something. Let's list all the TE's on our current roster we believe in.

Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• DraftBoy
                        Administrator
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train
                        Pats got 18 total TD from 2 rookie TE's last season.

I think you're onto something. Let's list all the TE's on our current roster we believe in.

Who do you believe in TE wise?
                        COMING SOON...
                        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Well there is certainly NO NEED at WR. The need is on defense & RT as well as QB.

Comment

• ddaryl
                            Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                            • Jan 2005

Rudolph at #34 would be a great score if he last that long. 1st rd WR's usually don't have much if any real immediate impact.

I still believe our weakness on the front 7 of our D trumps any possibility of picking up a WR at #3..... Maybe in a trade down scenario but I say we won't do it if we stay at #3
                            Last edited by ddaryl; 04-13-2011, 12:01 PM.

Comment

• madness
                              • Apr 2003

Originally posted by DesertFox24

I agree completely. If Fitz is really our man for the moment, show him by giving him an elite WR or TE prospect and I can't think of a better target for Fitz's style than Green. The guy has tremendous ball skills, concentration, catch-in-crowd ability and a ridiculous catch radius. I believe this is a guy who could immediately become Fitz's favorite target.

Dareus and Peterson both may be gone and if there's nobody knocking to trade up... Green could very well be the pick.

Comment

Working...
                              X