PDA

View Full Version : Iowa LB Jeff Tarpinian Visits OBD

DraftBoy
04-13-2011, 11:47 AM
http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/4/13/2108246/2011-nfl-draft-jeff-tarpinian-buffalo-bills

The Buffalo Bills announced on Tuesday that Iowa inside linebacker Jeff Tarpinian visited One Bills Drive. Tarpinian is the third inside linebacker to meet with the Bills prior to the 2011 NFl Draft, joining Kelvin Sheppard and Quan Sturdivant.

DraftBoy
04-13-2011, 11:48 AM
He has 92 career tackles, converted DB, very quick and athletic but about 235 soaking wet.

ublinkwescore
04-13-2011, 11:53 AM
he better start putting some muscle on, but I don't think he's got that far to go... Sam Cowart wasn't more than like 247 was he?

ublinkwescore
04-13-2011, 11:55 AM
Sam Cowart could very well have been the greatest 3-4 Inside LBer of all time if he could have only stayed healthy. He was on pace to shatter Ray Lewis's single season tackle record just a year or two later (or was it during the same year?) until he got injured like in week 13 or something back in 2000 or 2001 (not sure what year it was) god I wish we could get a monster like that back in the middle if we had the DTs to let him do his thing.

alohabillsfan
04-14-2011, 09:49 AM
PASS.

T-Long
04-14-2011, 11:39 AM
I know Posz is a free agent, but what about Andra Davis? Is he signed through 2011? I know they want to upgrade at ILB, but would that rookie come in immediately and take one of those spots?

YardRat
04-14-2011, 11:48 AM
I'm not going to get too excited over a Day 3 pick, until he comes into camp and earns a spot on the roster or in the starting line up. We still have Moats and Ayodele to consider, also. Not a big deal if the new guy beats out Akin, but somewhat of a disappointment if he beats out Moats, wouldn't it be?

psubills62
04-14-2011, 12:44 PM
I know Posz is a free agent, but what about Andra Davis? Is he signed through 2011? I know they want to upgrade at ILB, but would that rookie come in immediately and take one of those spots?
Davis is signed through 2011, but he plays a different ILB position than Poz. This guy might be able to take Poz's spot if he adds a good amount of weight.

I'm not concerned with the individuals they bring in. Beyond the first round, it seems they rarely draft anyone that visits. The only thing I take out of who visits is the positions, not the specific prospects. It's obvious they're looking at DL and LB, which is exactly what they should be looking at, among other things.

alohabillsfan
04-14-2011, 12:58 PM
Why waste a pick? do we really ned a 235lb ILB in a 3-4? #rd day picks are just as critical when building depth. If a ILB goes down I sure as hell dont want this cat coming in to replace him. Maybe they are looking at SS.

stuckincincy
04-14-2011, 01:04 PM
Sam Cowart could very well have been the greatest 3-4 Inside LBer of all time if he could have only stayed healthy. He was on pace to shatter Ray Lewis's single season tackle record just a year or two later (or was it during the same year?) until he got injured like in week 13 or something back in 2000 or 2001 (not sure what year it was) god I wish we could get a monster like that back in the middle if we had the DTs to let him do his thing.

Here's some history -see noted P.O.S. Vick apologist Dungy's comments...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/football/nfl/news/2000/11/27/bills_cowart_ap/

:bs:

DraftBoy
04-14-2011, 02:11 PM
This guy isnt considered draftable btw, likely a camp try-out or PFA only.

psubills62
04-14-2011, 02:14 PM
Why waste a pick? do we really ned a 235lb ILB in a 3-4? #rd day picks are just as critical when building depth. If a ILB goes down I sure as hell dont want this cat coming in to replace him. Maybe they are looking at SS.
No, we don't need a 235 pound ILB in our 3-4, but sometimes teams like how a guy might fit in if he grew a little bit. San Fran recently drafted Navorro Bowman from PSU, who weighed about 230 lbs at the time. He's played well in their system.

As I said, it's almost entirely useless to look at the specific individuals they're bringing in for visits. It's better to look at what positions they're bringing in and make assumptions from that. If they like this kid to put on weight and run in their system, so be it. If we're going to waste picks, I'd rather waste the 4th-7th rounders than the 1st-3rd rounders. I don't think it's worth complaining unless we actually draft the guy.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-14-2011, 02:57 PM
i like orie lemon, akeem dent, greg lloyd jr as option in the mid rds