with the sabres showing you excitement, is your bills fandom suffering?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

with the sabres showing you excitement, is your bills fandom suffering?

Seriously, with the lockout and the sabres being so hot and hopeful, my bills fandom is at a critical low. i find myself not caring about this draft because:

1. none of the players excite me that we are talking about
    2. they sound like they may botch this thing again for the umpteeth time and with the highest pick in a long time, i can't deal.

then mix in the fact there is a lockout, and i'm struggling to figure out if this is just the offseason blues or if i'm at the point of being like, "you know what? ralph and co seem to just love aiming for 7-9 and the sport is no fun when you aren't competitive and have 0 hope of getting to the playoffs."

so what is it for you. is this just a normal offseason or do you find yourself sadly less interested in the bills this year?

this is not a "well then thrown in your fan card, we don't need you anyways." thread.
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Re: with the sabres showing you excitement, is your bills fandom suffering?

Their playoff appearance is perfect timing due to the lockout. Not a fan of hockey I'm definitely keeping tabs because I want buffalo to win a pro sports championship. If it can't be in football, hockey is fine.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• DrGraves
      • Mar 2008

the sabres will be the only team in this town with any chance of winning anything until ralph is gone..

Comment

• G Wolly
        • Mar 2004

I think the looming lockout is causing me to be unexcited this year.

I never get into the offseason stuff too much like the draft or training camp, but of course I look forward to the season.

So as of now, I have nothing to look forward to in the Fall.

Except for the Indians in the World Series.

Comment

• OpIv37
          Acid Douching Asswipe
          • Sep 2002

It's not so much the Sabres as it is the lockout and the state of the team.

With no FA, we still essentially have the same awful team as last year, and there are only so many times we can debate over drafting Cam Newton.

More importantly, I find the draft frustrating to begin with. Every other day, there's a new rumor, and every rumor completely contradicts the previous rumor ("Chan likes Newton but Nix doesn't" then "Nix likes Newton but Chan doesn't" then "The Bills like Gabbert and aren't considering Newton at 3") then it goes on from there. It's so frustrating, especially when it's almost impossible to evaluate the credibility of any of this stuff.

So, my interest in the Bills is reduced, but it has more to do with the state of the team and the NFL than the Sabres.
          MiKiDo Facebook
          MiKiDo Website

Comment

• G Wolly
            • Mar 2004

Originally posted by DrGraves
            the sabres will be the only team in this town with any chance of winning anything until ralph is gone..
            Umm helloooo

P.S. I found this when I googled "Buffalo Bandits Championship"

Comment

• Novacane
              • Jul 2002

Is that the Philster with that chick?

Comment

• ddaryl
                Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                • Jan 2005

not at all.... I have no different of an outlook on the Bills or the Sabre's at this point.

I'm still waiting for the Sabre's to make some moves that build a real dominating team capable of winning it all. I don't see that in this years Sabres.... Hoping the offseason brings new fruit

The Bills are the Bills, and I'm still interested with the teams future and possibilities since we are still in the early stages of the Nix / Chan era.

Comment

• trapezeus
                  Legendary Zoner
                  • Oct 2004

in some ways, i'm more excited to have a season without football because i want both sides to sabotage their golden goose. and then combined with how even if the bills have a good draft, i think the defense is still a ways away from turning it around.

and when they do, we'll be done with our offensive powerhouse. i think the cycle is just becoming tedious.

I'm just happy i'm not alone in my malaise.

Comment

• G Wolly
                    • Mar 2004

Originally posted by Novacane
                    Is that the Philster with that chick?
                    Yes it is.

Our friend Phil hit the road and traveled to Rochester to see the Buffalo Bandits take on the Rochester Knighthawks. At the game he ran into four-time Buffalo Jill Allison who is now a member of the Knighthawks Dance Team, the Knightingales.

Comment

• YardRat
                      Well, lookie here...
                      • Dec 2004

I'm pretty psyched about the draft.

Would be better if FA was going on right now, but nothing we can do about that.
                      YardRat Wall of Fame
                      #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                      #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                        • Feb 2009

Nope, I love the Sabres but that will never dull my love for the Bills.

Comment

• Buffalo Thriller
                          • Sep 2010

Originally posted by G Wolly
                          I think the looming lockout is causing me to be unexcited this year.

I never get into the offseason stuff too much like the draft or training camp, but of course I look forward to the season.

So as of now, I have nothing to look forward to in the Fall.

Except for the Indians in the World Series.

Good luck with that one.
                          Originally posted by OpIv37
                          You guys, the solution is so simple. Find the crazy kids who are shooting up the schools and have them shoot people getting off planes from West Africa.

No more school shootings, no more Ebola.

Obama would have thought of this already if he wasn't a pinko commie Nazi queer-loving wetback-loving Kenyan Indonesian Muslim.

Comment

• FlyingDutchman
                            • Apr 2005

is that a fanny pack on Philster?

Comment

• ServoBillieves
                              The Voice of Reason
                              • Jul 2007

Bills?

Just kidding. I'm a draft and FA buff. Hell I am here aren't I? But with the millionaire/billionaire's whining about extra change in their pockets, I look to the most athletic sport I'm interested in, that being the NHL.

GO SABRES BABY!
                              Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

Working...
                              X