PDA

View Full Version : See you guys in June....

OpIv37
04-13-2011, 05:12 PM
So, I lost a bet to Eb, and as such I can't post in this forum until after the entire NHL playoffs are over. I may or may not be lurking in here- I haven't decided yet because I'm not sure if I'm capable of holding my tongue. I will most likely be in the TZ and BZ.

I've got things to do so I most likely will not be back on in the next hour or so before the games start. So, enjoy the games and...

GO SABRES!

chernobylwraiths
04-13-2011, 05:18 PM
So, I lost a bet to Eb, and as such I can't post in this forum until after the entire NHL playoffs are over. I may or may not be lurking in here- I haven't decided yet because I'm not sure if I'm capable of holding my tongue. I will most likely be in the TZ and BZ.

I've got things to do so I most likely will not be back on in the next hour or so before the games start. So, enjoy the games and...

GO SABRES!

PM me. I can post for you!

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-13-2011, 07:20 PM
What a dumb bet, I would rather Eb take a hike.

Dr. Lecter
04-13-2011, 09:36 PM
Loser leaves the boards bets are stupid.

Crisis
04-14-2011, 04:22 AM
stupid bet

tampabay25690
04-14-2011, 06:49 AM
Great bet........
GO SABRES........

Ginger Vitis
04-14-2011, 07:17 AM
So Op bet the Sabres wouldn't make the Playoffs?

hydro
04-14-2011, 08:06 AM
So Op bet the Sabres wouldn't make the Playoffs?

Please tell me this doesn't surprise you....

jamze132
04-14-2011, 09:58 AM
Stupid bet. I'm gonna miss the *****ing.

chernobylwraiths
04-14-2011, 10:20 AM
Is Nighthawk not going to be posting?

hydro
04-14-2011, 10:33 AM
Is Nighthawk not going to be posting?
He is always "busy" when there is very little to ***** about.

But at least he doesn't try so hard to find things to ***** about like Opiv.

chernobylwraiths
04-14-2011, 11:51 AM

No, he is pretty consistent. Miller is soft, team is soft, Pomminville, Hecht, Connolly etc. sucks

Damn, that sounds a little like me!

Honestly, Op I think has been pretty consistent. I don't have much of a problem with his rants. Nothing wrong with pointing out some bad things in a win. I didn't like the comments on a game he didn't watch though, nor am I upset at missing on breakaways. Some guys just aren't good at them, and goalies have a much better advantage in them than they used to given the fact that the players have to go fast to outskate the defense and make decisions quickly.

JD
04-14-2011, 11:58 AM
You can post vicariously through me.

Ginger Vitis
04-14-2011, 01:49 PM
Please tell me this doesn't surprise you....

Yeah in retrospect it was a dumb question..lol

Beebe's Kid
04-14-2011, 01:53 PM

You are right there...anything/everything will suffice.

Beebe's Kid
04-14-2011, 02:05 PM
If Eb has any soul at all, he'll take satisfaction in the fact that he won, and lift the Op ban. I am sure he's already thought about that, and has been laboring over the PM that would blend just enough...go ahead and post and na-ne-na-ne-na-ne.

Michael82
04-19-2011, 09:13 AM
Anyone else miss Op? After seeing how horrible the Sabres played last night and how they played in Game 2, I'd love to hear what Op has to say about the Sabres right now.

OpIv37
04-19-2011, 09:17 AM
Anyone else miss Op? After seeing how horrible the Sabres played last night and how they played in Game 2, I'd love to hear what Op has to say about the Sabres right now.

lucky for you, Eb PM'd me and called the bet off.

So the ranting will be commencing shortly.

SabreEleven
04-19-2011, 09:18 AM
lucky for you, Eb PM'd me and called the bet off.

So the ranting will be commencing shortly.

and there is a lot to rant about.

Dr. Lecter
04-19-2011, 09:20 AM
I don't know if they were horrible last night. I think it is more that Philly is the better team.

Ebenezer
04-19-2011, 09:28 AM
I don't know if they were horrible last night. I think it is more that Philly is the better team.
They were not horrible. In some cases they are doing too much.

OpIv37
04-19-2011, 09:52 AM

You know, this is pretty much what I've been saying all along.

I know, I have a somewhat hyperbolic and ranting manner of expressing myself. But the point is that if the top 2 lines don't score and the D isn't physical enough and picks bad times to join the rush and Miller follows up an amazing save by letting in a softie, then we are not going to beat teams like Philly and it's going to be a toss-up against teams like Montreal, Carolina, NYR, especially in a 7 game series.

OpIv37
04-19-2011, 09:53 AM
They were not horrible. In some cases they are doing too much.

Agree with that- defenders picking bad times to join the rush, extra pass on breakaways, one guy trying to skate through 3 defenders, etc.

Ebenezer
04-19-2011, 10:00 AM
You know, this is pretty much what I've been saying all along.

I know, I have a somewhat hyperbolic and ranting manner of expressing myself. But the point is that if the top 2 lines don't score and the D isn't physical enough and picks bad times to join the rush and Miller follows up an amazing save by letting in a softie, then we are not going to beat teams like Philly and it's going to be a toss-up against teams like Montreal, Carolina, NYR, especially in a 7 game series.
To be fair you're hyperbolic posts made them look worse than they are. They are down 2-1. They are not being embarrassed or destroyed. Never want to win on a lucky bounce but one bounce here or there and Buffalo could be up 3-0...yes, Philly could be up 3-0 also but the Sabres haven't been terrible.

Dozerdog
04-19-2011, 10:07 AM
If Philly had a solid goaltender- give them the cup right now.

I like how they are built

Ebenezer
04-19-2011, 10:11 AM
If Philly had a solid goaltender- give them the cup right now.

I like how they are built
Even with a goalie they aren't beating Vancouver.

trapezeus
04-19-2011, 10:43 AM
east vs west, east is looking ugly. i don't think philly goes very far if they get past us.
the west has more dominant looking teams.

philly beat us by one goal in philly due to a 1000 penalties.

they beat us last night because we literally didn't do anything. when we engaged them, we took the play to them. but we refused to keep that up.

I think the sabres need to tweak a couple things here and there for wednesday.

Michael82
04-19-2011, 04:26 PM
Including their lines.

Ebenezer
04-19-2011, 04:35 PM

I think they need to score more goals, tighten up the defense and stop worrying about all the extracurriculars.

Michael82
04-19-2011, 04:37 PM
I think they need to score more goals, tighten up the defense and stop worrying about all the extracurriculars.
Easier said than done. You keep saying that need to score goals. But that's not all they need. They need to play defense and they need to not allow the Flyers to get in their heads. They also need to quit trying to wait for the perfect play to develop on a power play. I'm so sick of seeing 10 passes before they finally shoot. Make a couple sharp passes and shoot at the net, where you can have Vanek and others right in front of the net.

Ebenezer
04-19-2011, 05:41 PM
Easier said than done. You keep saying that need to score goals. But that's not all they need. They need to play defense and they need to not allow the Flyers to get in their heads. They also need to quit trying to wait for the perfect play to develop on a power play. I'm so sick of seeing 10 passes before they finally shoot. Make a couple sharp passes and shoot at the net, where you can have Vanek and others right in front of the net.
Notice you didn't say anything about "killing", "murdering", "destroying" or even "hitting"...maybe you are getting it.

chernobylwraiths
04-19-2011, 08:07 PM

How about stopping players from skating unmolested through their zone? That requires a little more than asking them to stop.

Ebenezer
04-19-2011, 08:08 PM
How about stopping players from skating unmolested through their zone? That requires a little more than asking them to stop.
I believe I said "tighten the defense". You even quoted it.

chernobylwraiths
04-19-2011, 08:10 PM
I believe I said "tighten the defense". You even quoted it.

Well, how is that done without being a little physical?

You act like to win the Cup you have to be above playing a physical game. To win you NEED to play a physical game, and have some physical defensemen.

Ebenezer
04-19-2011, 08:16 PM
Well, how is that done without being a little physical?

You act like to win the Cup you have to be above playing a physical game. To win you NEED to play a physical game, and have some physical defensemen.
Where did I say that they didn't need to be? I said to cut the extracurriculars. Kaleta goes out and takes a stupid penalty and Philly scores...and Buffalo has to play catch up. Most fans like those crappy hits and want to see more of them. When the players don't do that crap, the fans say they aren't tough or gritty or whatever...in actuality, they're stupid. That's what's going to cost them more in the end.

chernobylwraiths
04-19-2011, 08:26 PM
Where did I say that they didn't need to be? I said to cut the extracurriculars. Kaleta goes out and takes a stupid penalty and Philly scores...and Buffalo has to play catch up. Most fans like those crappy hits and want to see more of them. When the players don't do that crap, the fans say they aren't tough or gritty or whatever...in actuality, they're stupid. That's what's going to cost them more in the end.

Well, Kaleta got a roughing penalty in game two for checking a guy.

Honestly, I didn't see last nights game and I heard that his penalty was indeed stupid. But not all hits are, and they need to finish their checks more. It is done all the time to our guys and you can see that it constantly causes the defense to get rid of the puck early and causes turnovers.

Hey, I don't want stupid penalties, but I want more hitting. I don't need the attempt at intimidation, but we have too many passive guys. Especially on the defense where they let the opponents skate too freely through our zone. It was exactly that which lead to Giroux's goal in game 2. They can't keep letting them be comfortable.

All you keep saying is to get more goals, but how many are they gonna get when many of our offensive players seem afraid to go into the offensive corners for the puck, and even less likely to come away with it if they do?

Ebenezer
04-19-2011, 08:34 PM
Well, Kaleta got a roughing penalty in game two for checking a guy.

Honestly, I didn't see last nights game and I heard that his penalty was indeed stupid. But not all hits are, and they need to finish their checks more. It is done all the time to our guys and you can see that it constantly causes the defense to get rid of the puck early and causes turnovers.

Hey, I don't want stupid penalties, but I want more hitting. I don't need the attempt at intimidation, but we have too many passive guys. Especially on the defense where they let the opponents skate too freely through our zone. It was exactly that which lead to Giroux's goal in game 2. They can't keep letting them be comfortable.

All you keep saying is to get more goals, but how many are they gonna get when many of our offensive players seem afraid to go into the offensive corners for the puck, and even less likely to come away with it if they do?
I never said to stop checking. That part of the game is to be expected. Again, I'm talking about the stupid crap. We are on the page. The lack of goals is not exposing that the Sabres won't hit...it is exposing that they don't have a #1 and not even a #2 center to make plays. The entire game is not dump the puck into the corner and pound the opponent into the boards and come away with the puck.

chernobylwraiths
04-20-2011, 06:01 AM
I never said to stop checking. That part of the game is to be expected. Again, I'm talking about the stupid crap. We are on the page. The lack of goals is not exposing that the Sabres won't hit...it is exposing that they don't have a #1 and not even a #2 center to make plays. The entire game is not dump the puck into the corner and pound the opponent into the boards and come away with the puck.

I agree. They don't have a number 1 center, and their number 2 (who I'm not that fond of) is hurt. The dump and chase will only work if someone actually does the chase part.

Ebenezer
04-20-2011, 05:53 PM
I agree. They don't have a number 1 center, and their number 2 (who I'm not that fond of) is hurt. The dump and chase will only work if someone actually does the chase part.
and just who is going to do that? Vanek? Is Vanek supposed to carry the mail, dump, chase, check, score? That's what people want. That's not how it works. This team is not built for that and people expect too much out of Vanek and Pominville = not excusing them but that is the truth.