• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mindbender
    • Apr 2010

Yikes Bowers

NFL Video

The medical recheck of Clemson defensive end Da'Quan Bowers last weekend showed signs of potential long-term arthritis and some weakness in his surgically repaired right knee, a source with knowledge of the situation said Tuesday.

The information gleaned from Saturday's recheck in Indianapolis -- three months after surgery -- could prompt some NFL teams to back off the projected top-10 pick in this month's draft while others might salivate at the prospect that Bowers, who had 15.5 sacks last season, could fall to them, one team official said. Two officials from different teams said some could be scared off by Bowers' medical reports but that most will gauge whether the issues are severe enough to be problematic in the short term or long term -- if at all.
    "Talk is cheap, we all know that. It's like I've always said, don't tell me about the labor pains, just show me the baby. That's what we've got to do. We've got to show you the baby, and the baby is winning." ~Buddy Nix
  • jamze132
    • Jun 2003

Re: Yikes Bowers

Some team who is already a consistent playoff attendee is going to grab this guy late in the first. Very well could turn out to be outstanding value. Just too risky for a top 15 pick right now.
    Last edited by jamze132; 04-14-2011, 09:52 AM.

Comment

• bosshogg21
      • Aug 2007

Ya like new England.

Comment

• Stewie
        Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
        • Aug 2002

If there's any way this guy falls into the 20's, this is who we trade back into the first for.
        Originally posted by Topdog
        Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
        Originally posted by mercyrule
        I love Weiner.
        also cheese

Comment

• Bill Cody
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by Stewie
          If there's any way this guy falls into the 20's, this is who we trade back into the first for.
          With our track record on trading back into the 1st Bowers will be in a wheel chair in a year if we do. Lossman, McCargo, now Bowers? There's only one direction a team with 2 dozen holes should be trading and that's down.

Comment

• Stewie
            Sarah Palin for President... of my pants!
            • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Sell Local Ralph
            With our track record on trading back into the 1st Bowers will be in a wheel chair in a year if we do. Lossman, McCargo, now Bowers? There's only one direction a team with 2 dozen holes should be trading and that's down.
            I agree with you in theory, but sometimes you take a chance on production.

Thurman had a knee problem, too.
            Originally posted by Topdog
            Damn , your're showing you're ignorance!
            I love Weiner.
            also cheese

Comment

• trapezeus
              Legendary Zoner
              • Oct 2004

this draft class is just a mess. bowers is as close to a sure thing as possible last month, and now he's on the outside of the top 15.

Comment

• Mike
                • Jan 2009

You trade up and take Bower in the late first if he is there. Can you imagine, if we had Miller & Bowers? Shobel may want to come out of retirement....
                Please Make Sense

Comment

• Mike
                  • Jan 2009

As for Lossman and McCargo, they were bad players. Most Mocks did not even have McCargo as a 1st rounder, and it had to be the Bills, who know more than anyone else to trade back into the first to take his dumb ass. I remember that day so clearly, the Bills traded back into the first, and almost everyone thought they were going to get the Center that was great, Mangold, and instead we go McCargo. Hated the pick then, it looks even worst now.
                  Anyways, Bowers is no McCorgo, he is more like Mangold and is definitely worth trading back into first.
                  Please Make Sense

Comment

Working...
                  X