PDA

View Full Version : Andree Reed is coming to our draft party.

bf1
04-14-2011, 01:27 PM
http://twitter.com/Andre_Reed83/status/58556234449690624

:party:

bf1
04-14-2011, 01:27 PM
More details coming soon:
http://nycbbb.com/

TacklingDummy
04-14-2011, 02:18 PM
U can all cry together when the Bills select Gabbert or Jordan.

Buffalo Thriller
04-14-2011, 02:47 PM
U can all cry together when the Bills select Gabbert or Jordan.

If we draft Gabbert, Ill be dancing in the street.

stuckincincy
04-14-2011, 02:50 PM
http://twitter.com/Andre_Reed83/status/58556234449690624

:party:

I hope this doesn't spawn another "Why isn't Reed in the HOF? thread".

I'd certainly have Stabler and Guy in there before him. And he shot himself in the foot with his less than gracious comments when he hung up the cleats...actions have consequences.

trapezeus
04-14-2011, 02:52 PM
i saw from teh email you guys sent. Very cool addition.

Also from that email, you mentioned bar coastal in NYC. Which goes to your wings for lunch post in the TZ. they have the best average buffalo wing in the city IMO.

bf1
04-14-2011, 02:55 PM
i saw from teh email you guys sent. Very cool addition.

Also from that email, you mentioned bar coastal in NYC. Which goes to your wings for lunch post in the TZ. they have the best average buffalo wing in the city IMO.

Yeah, that was the first place we went too. We were considering that place. Good think we didn't as it's so small. We only had 20 guys on our mailing list at the time. We thought maybe we can get 50 people... 3 games into the season we had about 200.

Yeah they had good wings. I think they sold the Atomic Wings brand / franchise or something.

McFadden's can never get them right. Matt K. even spent some time in the kitchen with them trying to teach to cooks how to make wings.

I work on LI now, so my options are limited.

DrGraves
04-14-2011, 02:56 PM
i usually love the draft but i won't be even remotely excited about football until i know that they will actually be playing next year. GO SABRES!!!!!!!

bf1
04-14-2011, 02:57 PM
True. I might go just to meet Andre.

trapezeus
04-14-2011, 03:00 PM
You guys recruited heavily the year of bledsoe. i remember i was at ship of fools or some other upper eas side bar when bledsoe and the bills beat minny in OT. My buddy and i stood up to cheer the field goal and a random guy in a bills jersey came over and said, "bills bar at mcfaddens come there next week. We have sound."

and that was that.

Of late, i've gone to Kelly's on Ave A (also where i plan to be tonight for the sabres game). They are tiny, but their bartenders know alot about buffalo sports and really get into it. plus it's a little smaller.

but with Andre being at Mcfaddens, i might have to skip kelly's and say hello to a legend.

bf1
04-14-2011, 03:02 PM
You guys recruited heavily the year of bledsoe. i remember i was at ship of fools or some other upper eas side bar when bledsoe and the bills beat minny in OT. My buddy and i stood up to cheer the field goal and a random guy in a bills jersey came over and said, "bills bar at mcfaddens come there next week. We have sound."

and that was that.

Of late, i've gone to Kelly's on Ave A (also where i plan to be tonight for the sabres game). They are tiny, but their bartenders know alot about buffalo sports and really get into it. plus it's a little smaller.

but with Andre being at Mcfaddens, i might have to skip kelly's and say hello to a legend.

lol. Yeah we were aggressive. We kind of got lazy the last few years. We've supported Kelly's. I need to check it out some time.

OpIv37
04-14-2011, 03:33 PM
Andree Reed?

Please tell me that's a typo and not the name of a drag queen in a #83 jersey.

trapezeus
04-14-2011, 03:43 PM
lol. Yeah we were aggressive. We kind of got lazy the last few years. We've supported Kelly's. I need to check it out some time.

i think in early 2000, there weren't really a lot of places that dedicated their space to one team. now it's popular and i think you guys were really influential in doing that in the city.

My pal and i literally watched that guy run out of the room and tell us that there was a bills bar and we were like, "wha? bar of only bills fan and tv sound? was that man really just an angel?"

and then mcfaddens ended up being like a lot of my old high school class mates and it was fun catching up.

We were disappointed with the wing quality and consistency at mcfaddens. like you pointed out, it just seems like something they don't ever want to get right.

If you head to kelly's for the sabres games, drop me a PM. I'm expecting to go most nights. They don't have food and let you order in. There is nice guy eddies which does a mid level buffalo wing, a killer vietnamese sandwich place, and two boots all within walking distance. plus they have a book of menus from which you can order from.