malvado78
04-15-2011, 10:13 AM
I'm lost...

Did I click on the Twilight Zone...

stuckincincy
04-15-2011, 10:50 AM
I'm lost...

Did I click on the Twilight Zone...

Realizing that the art of appreciating the subtle humor of life, the delight of an allegory, has disappeared a while back, I shall walk you through it:

First, the cheering, the hubris, the self-congratulatory back-patting.

Then, the PLAN is displayed.

The Leader of the Band cranks up the fanfare.

The skeptic shows up (Donald - a.k.a. the Paying Customer).

The Leader of the Band barks and belittles the Paying Customer.

The Paying Customer replies with the retort direct. Throws objects.

The media shows up - the Bee.

The Leader of the Pack's minions throw things at the Paying Customer.

There is a brief recovery in the War Room, but there are hints at internal strife.

The storm approaches. Time to deviate from the PLAN.

The tornado hits - The Leader of the Pack, applying lipstick to the pig, tries to show media and Paying Customer that it was all part of the original PLAN, and conducts the orchestra despite all the falling debris.

The Paying Customer squawks again - the organization throws objects at him.

That's Day 1.

On Day 2, the Media Bee unleashes it's sting.

:zonelunch

BertSquirtgum
04-15-2011, 10:54 AM
if that's what you got out of that video, you put waaaaaay too much thought into it.

stuckincincy
04-15-2011, 11:12 AM
if that's what you got out of that video, you put waaaaaay too much thought into it.

I figure about 30 minutes - pretty much the time it takes to grab a burger and fries at a busy McD's at noontime, sit down, and enjoy it.

An aside: I am irked by people who go after McD. They could take over the financial dealings of my rotten little town, and in a year, the books would be in order, services would improve, any deficit would be well-managed, and they would have a decent day-to-day working balance in the coffers.

malvado78
04-15-2011, 12:04 PM
I figure about 30 minutes - pretty much the time it takes to grab a burger and fries at a busy McD's at noontime, sit down, and enjoy it.

An aside: I am irked by people who go after McD. They could take over the financial dealings of my rotten little town, and in a year, the books would be in order, services would improve, any deficit would be well-managed, and they would have a decent day-to-day working balance in the coffers.

Ok put down the bottle. You are ALL over the place today!

jamze132
04-15-2011, 12:13 PM
LOL

THRILLHO
04-15-2011, 05:35 PM
I would have rather been Rick-Rolled.

Spiderweb
04-16-2011, 05:57 AM

You forgot to mention the minimum wages, no health care, no pensions, etc., etc., etc. Oh, I see, you're for that.

What made this a great nation was a burgeoning middle class, a class that defended our country, stimulated the economy, and had an opportunity for a decent life. All lost by the virtue of today, unadulterated greed.

Shrinking middle class, a rapidly increasing poor populous, who if the evil ones get their way, will have even less while we line up more tax breaks for corporations who have a large group who pay no tax at all, and a top one percent who are now paying an effective rate of about 16% (no where near the maximum of 35%), but hey, lets give them more. Funny, I thought our corporate and individual tax rates were too high? Hummmm.

But then why omit our country's number one employer, Wal-Mart They pay so well who needs social security (even though it hasn't added one cent of debt to our country, let's cut it anyway), medicare, etc. Mother Wal-Mart will be there to care of us. Cat food for all!

See ya at Mickey D's.