PDA

View Full Version : Flyer fan comments

trapezeus
04-15-2011, 10:14 AM
so on the yahoo!sports article/recap, the chat at the bottom of the article has a fair number of sabre fans and flyer fans discussing the game.

from the most fair flyer fans, their impression of the game was that miller stole the game from them and that the flyers admittedly came out frustrated in the third. but overall, they like that the sabres total lack of ability in the offensive zone will only mean good things over the life of the series.

they see more warts on the sabres than on their team because they really put that entirely on miller.

Do you think that's fair?

THATHURMANATOR
04-15-2011, 10:19 AM
Somewhat honestly. Miller absolutely stole that game. If they play that way for the rest of the games I don't think they win the series. Unless Miller plays the best hockey of his career.

trapezeus
04-15-2011, 10:27 AM
there were a bunch of times sabres defensemen were just tying up flyers...in the third, i felt like the flyers abandoned getting in front of the net.

it won't be fun to watch these types of games, but i think the sabres could survive them.

i'm kind of counting on the implosion of the flyers. if the sabres can put out a solid first period and get up a goal or two and miller is still playing at a top notch level, the flyers could just keel over and die right there.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-15-2011, 10:28 AM
I think the Sabres played an OK game and they can play a lot better. I am not sure the Flyers can play much better.

Ingtar33
04-15-2011, 11:41 AM
Somewhat honestly. Miller absolutely stole that game. If they play that way for the rest of the games I don't think they win the series. Unless Miller plays the best hockey of his career.

the only series i can remember where the "dominated team" like the sabres were dominated last night won, was the 98-99 first round vs Ottawa... when Hasek stood on his head 4 games straight and stole the series in 4 straight.

elltrain22
04-15-2011, 11:57 AM
We really only played like crap in the 2nd period, the rest of the game both teams, statisically speaking, were basically neck and neck. I will say Phily did control the puck in their offensive zone much, much better than we did, but our defense was usually able to wash the puck away.

JD
04-15-2011, 12:11 PM
To me, this team played like Enroth was in net.. and I LOVE IT. Great defensive play all around. This was a road game, after all so I don't mind them not going for the throat.

That better change at home, though!

Crisis
04-15-2011, 01:55 PM
I wouldn't even say Miller stole the game, he was great but it's not like he faced a bunch of difficult shots. Sabres kept everything to the outside and gave up one odd-man rush all game (a 2 on 1 which grags broke up). I think it has more to deal with a solid defensive gameplan that was executed well with a solid goalie behind it.

It is pretty alarming that our top 6 was completely invisible for the most part....Boyes has looked terrible since moving to center (what's hecht's status?)

Crisis
04-15-2011, 02:07 PM
and one other thing that does concern me is our PP has looked absolutely PATHETIC the last two games against philly. our PK has been great so hopefully that negates it, but the powerplay will need to get going (and penalties will actually need to get called in our favor)

don137
04-15-2011, 02:43 PM
Hey Bernie Parent stole the series when they Sabres played the Flyers for the Stanley Cup. It happens. Its not like Buffalo was badly outplayed. Granted the Flyers had 8 more minutes of power plays which helps the cause. I thought it was a tight game and the puck could of bounced many different ways resulting in a totally different outcome. It just so happened a bounce went the Sabres way. The Sabres did not bring their A game. When that happens I think the Sabres will prevail. Heck they prevailed when they brought the B game.

JD
04-15-2011, 04:43 PM
and one other thing that does concern me is our PP has looked absolutely PATHETIC the last two games against philly. our PK has been great so hopefully that negates it, but the powerplay will need to get going (and penalties will actually need to get called in our favor)

We need to keep our feet moving on the power play. That is the key.

A few games back when we had a 5 on 3.. we were standing like statues, WAY too far out but luckily we scored. I was yelling at the TV like a lunatic :air:

Michael82
04-15-2011, 04:43 PM
I thought that both teams played sloppy and yes, Ryan Miller definitely won it for the Sabres. If he didn't flop all over the ice, making save, after save...they would have lost.

Michael82
04-15-2011, 04:45 PM
The power play is pathetic, but so is the fact that the Sabres only had 1, while the Flyers had 5 of them. Thank God for our penalty kill, or this game could have gotten ugly.

Yasgur's Farm
04-15-2011, 05:29 PM
To the best of my recollection... The only penalty the Flyers had (roughing) was offset by the obligatory "counter roughing" on Buffalo... No man advantage for Sabres even once in game 1.

Crisis
04-15-2011, 05:41 PM
To the best of my recollection... The only penalty the Flyers had (roughing) was offset by the obligatory "counter roughing" on Buffalo... No man advantage for Sabres even once in game 1.

the sabres had a PP in the 1st where they couldn't even establish play in the philly zone until there was about 15 seconds left in it....they did only have one power play so the sample size in the playoffs isn't there, but even in the prior game vs philly, they scored a shorthanded goal and our powerplay looked horrific.

Beebe's Kid
04-15-2011, 08:54 PM
so on the yahoo!sports article/recap, the chat at the bottom of the article has a fair number of sabre fans and flyer fans discussing the game.

from the most fair flyer fans, their impression of the game was that miller stole the game from them and that the flyers admittedly came out frustrated in the third. but overall, they like that the sabres total lack of ability in the offensive zone will only mean good things over the life of the series.

they see more warts on the sabres than on their team because they really put that entirely on miller.

Look at that...Philly fans see the positive in a loss, while we see the negative in win.

You should have given them the old "we know you ****s can't talk, but is it also hard to type with a **** in your mouth? Miller stood on his head, and that is why we won...well that and the fact that after the third period we had one goal, and you had zero. See you pussies on Saturday. Ciao, Trap."

jcdavey
04-16-2011, 06:50 AM

i'm a habs fan, and to be honest, both teams (habs and sabres) can't count on their goalies to do that every game

they both need to develop better scoring chances , although i must say, you can ride a hot goaltender a fair distance in the playoffs, but i don't think you can ride one all the way

SkateZilla
04-16-2011, 03:43 PM

Unlike Comcast, VS, ESPN and everyone else, im seeing the picturere differently.

The Sabres PK in Game 1 was awful, its just Philly's PowerPlay stunk worse, the entire 5v3 and 5v4 after was nothing but pass, pass, behind the back pass to this point , then back, its easy to defend if your not taking the shots.