X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ginger Vitis
    • Feb 2009

Redskins wanna move up

Its a given they would have to give up there 2nd Round pick to move up to 3.... The have no 3rd or 4th Round pick.. So the redskins draft would consist of Gabbert and almost nothing else

We're not sure if there are more draft rumors this year or we're just paying attention to them more because we have nothing else to focus on.
  • Luisito23
    Men Have Superbowl Gold, Legends Have Platinum Hearts!!!
    • Apr 2003

Re: Redskins wanna move up

Playing mind games, like everyone else, and considering they can't even trade players right now, this is just another idiotic rumor.
    "Expect rejection, but expect more to overcome it."
    ***Marv Levy.***

"Coach Levy is one of the most inspirational people that I have ever known."
    ***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
    ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• X-Era
      What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Luisito23
      Playing mind games, like everyone else, and considering they can't even trade players right now, this is just another idiotic rumor.
      I would agree that it's unlikely.

The Bills, for example, shouldn't trade their 3 pick for the Skins 10 and 41 picks, the Skins pay us 1300 and 490, or 1790 for a pick that's worth 2,200. That's a difference of 410... or the 17th pick in the 2nd round...

They don't have a 3rd or 4th, and can't trade a player. That's just not enough for me.

The only thing would be if they also traded a 2012 pick.
      Last edited by X-Era; 04-15-2011, 06:46 PM.

Comment

• Luisito23
        • Apr 2003

Wanna move up, give me your 1st...4th...and 1st. next year and it's a bet.

I forgot no 4th. so their 2nd. in 2012 as well.
        Last edited by Luisito23; 04-15-2011, 06:51 PM.
        ***Marv Levy.***

***Thurman Thomas.***

"You're not going to find a more classier, down-to-Earth person away from the field than Marv Levy. He's a guy who's pretty much made me what I am today as far as a professional player and a person."
        ***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• Yasgur's Farm
          • Feb 2005

I'd consider taking their 2011 1st & 2nd and 2012 1st & 3rd. It seems Shanahan's had a tendancy in the past to use up all resources... Perfect match for Snyder.

Comment

• X-Era
            • Feb 2005

Wanna move up, give me your 1st...4th...and 1st. next year and it's a bet.

I forgot no 4th. so their 2nd. in 2012 as well.
            And stay in the top 10 this year? I would probably take that.

I don't think the Skins will do it though.

Here's the tougher question... If we don't get that good of an offer, would you say we should stay?
            Last edited by X-Era; 04-15-2011, 06:59 PM.

Comment

• Ginger Vitis
              • Feb 2009

Originally posted by X-Era
              And stay in the top 10 this year? I would probably take that.

I don't think the Skins will do it though.

Here's the tougher question... If we don't get that good of an offer, would you say we should stay?
              I would absolutely take that deal.. I am very confident in hedging my bet that next year the Redskins will be bad enough that they are in the bottom 3rd of the NFL..Hence the Bills get a Top 10 pick

Comment

• Luisito23
                • Apr 2003

I stay and take Fairley, because Dareus will be gone to Denver...

After the college season everyone had NF going first, and were raving about his impact on defense, and now he's suddenly out of the top 10?

I understand about his work ethics, but I rather take a gamble on him then on any 2nd. string QB, or skinny linebacker.
                ***Marv Levy.***

***Thurman Thomas.***

***Jim Kelly***

Marv Levy's Website

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
                  We play to win the game!
                  • Oct 2009

1st this year, 2nd this year, 1st next year. Otherwise Hang up

Comment

• X-Era
                    • Feb 2005

I stay and take Fairley, because Dareus will be gone to Denver...

After the college season everyone had NF going first, and were raving about his impact on defense, and now he's suddenly out of the top 10?

I understand about his work ethics, but I rather take a gamble on him then on any 2nd. string QB, or skinny linebacker.
                    I can see your logic in this... I just think Gabbert and Newton could be better than 2nd string... by a lot.

Comment

• Mike
                      • Jan 2009

1st this year, 2nd this year, 1st next year. Otherwise Hang up
                      Bingo! Thats the trade, but just 1 Major Problem. No on can guarantee that there will even be a draft next year. It all depends on how the CBA goes, and if there is no CBA then there is no draft. In actual terms, draft is a highly illegal practice by itself & without a Union to support it. Furthermore, I dont know if the NFL will allow you to trade next years picks this year due to CBA situation. Worst case scenario, you are taking a huge risk.

So I will want their 1st & 2nd & 5th this year, and their 1st & 2nd next year for exchange: Our 1st this year & our 3rd Next Year. I will also put a clause that allows me to forgo taking next years picks for the following year and so on, in case there is no draft. Lastly, I would throw in a clause for future compensation to be named later that is equivalent of picks in case there is now draft at all, ever. That way, we may get a player out of it that is equal to next years 1st rounder.... you get the idea.
                      Last edited by Mike; 04-15-2011, 08:28 PM.
                      Please Make Sense

Comment

• clumping platelets

I would trade down to #10 for Skins #2 and #2 in 2012. I would throw them back a 5th in either year
                        Last edited by Guest; 04-15-2011, 10:42 PM.

Comment

• psubills62
                          Legendary Zoner
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Mike
                          Bingo! Thats the trade, but just 1 Major Problem. No on can guarantee that there will even be a draft next year. It all depends on how the CBA goes, and if there is no CBA then there is no draft. In actual terms, draft is a highly illegal practice by itself & without a Union to support it. Furthermore, I dont know if the NFL will allow you to trade next years picks this year due to CBA situation. Worst case scenario, you are taking a huge risk.

So I will want their 1st & 2nd & 5th this year, and their 1st & 2nd next year for exchange: Our 1st this year & our 3rd Next Year. I will also put a clause that allows me to forgo taking next years picks for the following year and so on, in case there is no draft. Lastly, I would throw in a clause for future compensation to be named later that is equivalent of picks in case there is now draft at all, ever. That way, we may get a player out of it that is equal to next years 1st rounder.... you get the idea.
                          I can say with 99.99999% certainty that there will be a draft next year. They're not going an entire season without working out a CBA.
                          "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                          - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• Mike
                            • Jan 2009

I can say with 99.99999% certainty that there will be a draft next year. They're not going an entire season without working out a CBA.
                            You may be right. But, the players are de-certifying, and if they actually go through with it and permanently change the NFL in many ways including no union and no draft. Small chance that happens, but anything is possible. More likely than that any team may not be required to honor the agreements they make this year when it comes to trading for next years picks, meaning that there is a chance that the Bills will have to trust the Skins, or whoever else, that next year they will in fact give them the picks. It may be this type of oral agreement, that is made on a handshake and not enforceable by legal.
                            This of course is the worst case scenario and your version of will happen is probably right one.
                            Please Make Sense

Comment

• better days
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Mike
                              You may be right. But, the players are de-certifying, and if they actually go through with it and permanently change the NFL in many ways including no union and no draft. Small chance that happens, but anything is possible. More likely than that any team may not be required to honor the agreements they make this year when it comes to trading for next years picks, meaning that there is a chance that the Bills will have to trust the Skins, or whoever else, that next year they will in fact give them the picks. It may be this type of oral agreement, that is made on a handshake and not enforceable by legal.
                              This of course is the worst case scenario and your version of will happen is probably right one.
                              Unless there is a CBA in place before the draft, no team would be foolish enough to accept a pick in next years draft.

Comment

Working...
                              X