PDA

View Full Version : What Bills should do in draft

T-Long
04-16-2011, 12:06 PM
LINK (http://blogblitz.nfl.com/buffalo-bills/entry/04132011_buffalo_bills_draft_gabbert)

Agree? Disagree? Let me hear it.

TigerJ
04-16-2011, 12:12 PM
The answer to the question has to be a conditional one. If the Bills are convinced that Blaine Gabbert is more likely than not to develop into the franchise QB they have covetted for years, they they should draft him at #3. If not they shouldn't. If they do draft him and he doesn't develop as they hope, it will likely cost Nix and Gailey their jobs in a few years.

psubills62
04-16-2011, 12:15 PM
I disagree. I think people wanting Gabbert at #3 is simply due to overrating the QB position in the draft. I'd take him at #34, but no way I want him at #3. I consider Gabbert a bigger reach than guys like Watt or Cameron Jordan at #3.

cookie G
04-16-2011, 12:42 PM
I disagree. I think people wanting Gabbert at #3 is simply due to overrating the QB position in the draft. I'd take him at #34, but no way I want him at #3. I consider Gabbert a bigger reach than guys like Watt or Cameron Jordan at #3.

Or they are just overrating Gabbert, rather than the position.

tampabay25690
04-16-2011, 01:07 PM
Yikes..Gabbert at 3.........
I hope the Bills k now what they are doing if thats the choice....

Novacane
04-16-2011, 01:40 PM
I love Ryan Fitzpatrick, but only as a backup. He is a guy who can come in and win games for you, but he is not the long-term answer at the position.

I have not seen enough of RP to agree with this. I'm not sold on him but I'm not sold he can't be the long term answer either. If he can repeat his performance of last year Gabbert would be a wasted pick. I'd go defense and give Fitz another year.

alohabillsfan
04-16-2011, 02:38 PM
Puke... I cant believe I did it again, shame on me!

Spiderweb
04-17-2011, 07:37 PM
Puke... I cant believe I did it again, shame on me!

Gabbert at three makes me extremely worried and not happy at all.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
04-17-2011, 08:47 PM
indy taking a qb? huh?

TacklingDummy
04-17-2011, 09:42 PM
LINK (http://blogblitz.nfl.com/buffalo-bills/entry/04132011_buffalo_bills_draft_gabbert)

Agree? Disagree? Let me hear it.
Disagree.

BertSquirtgum
04-18-2011, 12:57 AM
worst mock i have seen yet. just plain terrible. i would rather the bills pick a.j. green than blaine gabbert.

why the F would indie pick jake locker?

alohabillsfan
04-18-2011, 10:46 AM
Lobbing darts at the old mock draft board!

T-Long
04-18-2011, 05:18 PM
worst mock i have seen yet. just plain terrible. i would rather the bills pick a.j. green than blaine gabbert.

why the F would indie pick jake locker?

Yeah ok. A.J. Green would be a great fit on a team that's loaded at the WR position. Most draft experts have Gabbert going in the top 5, but yet YOU are the expert and think it's crazy to think that Gabbert could go at 3. That's just plain ignorant if you don't think it's a legitimate possibility. Last time I checked, this team doesn't have a franchise QB on their roster.

I guess you didn't hear Bill Polian's comments about Manning's retirement approaching must faster than expected. What happens if Manning does go down? The guy is in his mid 30's....when in the hell do you expect them to draft his potential replacement?

T-Long
04-18-2011, 05:20 PM
Lobbing darts at the old mock draft board!
how about you actually add something to the conversation than strictly bashing anything I post about the draft. I swear every thread you are mr. tough guy in bashing my posts. Let's see you put together your own mock so I can tear it up. It's only fair right?

X-Era
04-18-2011, 05:48 PM
Yeah ok. A.J. Green would be a great fit on a team that's loaded at the WR position. Most draft experts have Gabbert going in the top 5, but yet YOU are the expert and think it's crazy to think that Gabbert could go at 3. That's just plain ignorant if you don't think it's a legitimate possibility. Last time I checked, this team doesn't have a franchise QB on their roster.

I guess you didn't hear Bill Polian's comments about Manning's retirement approaching must faster than expected. What happens if Manning does go down? The guy is in his mid 30's....when in the hell do you expect them to draft his potential replacement?Hang in there man. The resistance to a QB at 3 is getting more and more boastful as we get closer to the draft.

Personally, I think your draft has lots of merit.

Emotions run high for some this time of the year.

This draft is not one pick, nor one prospect long.

BertSquirtgum
04-18-2011, 10:51 PM

I guess you didn't hear Bill Polian's comments about Manning's retirement approaching must faster than expected. What happens if Manning does go down? The guy is in his mid 30's....when in the hell do you expect them to draft his potential replacement?
good point, i didn't realize peyton was that old. just looked him up and he is 35. i was thinking he is 30-32. i'm no draft expert but if the bills draft gabbert at 3, i feel that they'll be in the same position they were with trent three years from now. at least aj green or patrick peterson are almost sure fire stars.