X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • soapman
    • Jan 2008

The more I think about it

I know ANOTHER Cam Newton thread but I don't know, the more I think about it, the more I think it would be nice to have a mobile quarterback again. Mobile in the true sense in the way Doug Flutie was when he lit it up here for a year or so. Cam is as great a risk as any other pick we've had in the last 10 years. 6'6, 250lbs, a rocket on his shoulder, and instincts that rival Mike Vick. If Chan can control him and teach him the thinking part of the game, he can be a great quarterback. I think it's worth the risk. Problem is, Carolina has it figured out and he will bomb in Carolina because he needs the kind of coach that can TEACH him. Like a Chan Gailey or a Andy Reid or John Gruden type.

• jimbledsoe
    • Jul 2009

Re: The more I think about it

Originally posted by soapman
    I know ANOTHER Cam Newton thread but I don't know, the more I think about it, the more I think it would be nice to have a mobile quarterback again. Mobile in the true sense in the way Doug Flutie was when he lit it up here for a year or so. Cam is as great a risk as any other pick we've had in the last 10 years. 6'6, 250lbs, a rocket on his shoulder, and instincts that rival Mike Vick. If Chan can control him and teach him the thinking part of the game, he can be a great quarterback. I think it's worth the risk. Problem is, Carolina has it figured out and he will bomb in Carolina because he needs the kind of coach that can TEACH him. Like a Chan Gailey or a Andy Reid or John Gruden type.
    I was having this same thought today. I am warming up to the idea of a QB at 3. Cam seems to have the biggest risk, but I think also has the most upside. Could you imagine all that talent and athletic ability running an offense the way Chan wants him to. It could end up being the best move the Bills ever made, or it could be a bust. I am warming up to the idea of taking the risk if he is there.

Go Bills!!!

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
      • Jan 2010

Im OK with cam for only two reasons chan gailey and ryan fitzpatrick. I think the situation is absolutely perfect here fro Cam to develop under fitz and chan. His best chance to flourish is here. If I was him I would much rather come to the bills than carolina

Comment

• Prov401
        President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
        • Aug 2008

If Cam falls to us at 3, I think the Bills will seriously consider taking him. And I think he has potential, but he's too risky for me at this point. I want a sure thing with our 3rd pick.

The Panthers are taking him anyway.

Comment

• mrbojanglezs
          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Prov401
          If Cam falls to us at 3, I think the Bills will seriously consider taking him. And I think he has potential, but he's too risky for me at this point. I want a sure thing with our 3rd pick.

The Panthers are taking him anyway.

I have heard a couple times that Carolina has been dishing out to the media a love fest for Cam to try to get the bills to bite to trade up, who knows how true that is

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
            We play to win the game!
            • Oct 2009

I'd be pleased with Cam and Heyward. At 3 and 34

Comment

• psubills62
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2008

He's going #1 overall.
              "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
              - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• tampabay25690
                • Feb 2004

Originally posted by psubills62
                He's going #1 overall.
                Thats the way it looks..........
                IF he is still there DENVER'S phone will be ringing...
                GO Gators!!!!!!
                GO GATORS!!

Comment

• BertSquirtgum
                  • May 2009

the more i think about it, the more i consider ways to commit suicide, hearing the name cam newton being called for buffalo's pick.. **** that
                  Last edited by BertSquirtgum; 04-16-2011, 09:38 PM.

Comment

• TheGhostofJimKelly
                    • May 2003

The more I read about it, the more I think some of you are crazy.

Comment

• T-Long
                      Circling the Wagons since 1982.
                      • Sep 2003

I've been on the Newton train for months now. If he is there at 3, there is no way the Bills pass on him IMO. Problem is, he is either going to go #1 or someone is going to trade ahead of Buffalo with Denver at 2 and take him there. It's funny when people say how bad he is going to be, but yet he PROBABLY is going #1 overall and at worst #2.

Comment

• Novacane
                        • Jul 2002

I think Carolina is taking him too but I would sort of like for Cam to be there at #3. It would be funny just to see how crazy a lot of you go when the Bills pick someone else . I don't believe the Bills are sold on him as a Franchise QB.

Comment

• better days
                          • Jan 2010

Originally posted by T-Long
                          I've been on the Newton train for months now. If he is there at 3, there is no way the Bills pass on him IMO. Problem is, he is either going to go #1 or someone is going to trade ahead of Buffalo with Denver at 2 and take him there. It's funny when people say how bad he is going to be, but yet he PROBABLY is going #1 overall and at worst #2.
                          I hope you are correct & Newton goes #1 or 2. If so, he will not be the 1st QB that was overdrafted nor the last. He can join the long list of failed QB's in the NFL in that category.

Comment

• YardRat
                            Well, lookie here...
                            • Dec 2004

The more I think about it, the more I believe Newton isn't going to help this team stop opponents from rushing for 200 yards and racking up 30 pts on a weekly basis.
                            YardRat Wall of Fame
                            #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                            #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• SquishDaFish
                              Lets GO BUFFALO!!
                              • Jun 2005

This is the first year in a LONG time that I dont have 1 guy pegged that I really want. I would be happy with Cam, Gabbart, Peterson, Dareus, Fairley or Miller

Comment

Working...
                              X