X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Bucs, Jones just might be right together

I won't call it a perfect marriage. I'm not even sure how long it can survive beyond the honeymoon.

This much is clear: The Tampa Bay Buccaneers need Thomas Jones and Jones needs the Buccaneers.

The Bucs are desperate for help at running back. They could acquire any available player at the position with NFL experience, but they aren't merely seeking a warm body. They want a player befitting their status as defending Super Bowl champions. They want a back capable of making a difference, and that was what they had in mind when they sent receiver Marquise Walker to the Arizona Cardinals in exchange for Jones
    more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Committee running effectively

There has been more than one productive player at running back for the Bucs this preseason.
    TAMPA - Jon Gruden would like the Bucs to cut down on turnovers; they have committed seven in the preseason and four in the past two games. But he can't hide his pleasure over being the recipient of one giveaway.

Thomas Jones, discarded by the Cardinals, is everything Tampa Bay hoped he would be when it swapped receiver Marquise Walker for him in June, and much more.

"Thomas Jones was the seventh player picked in the (2000) draft," Gruden said. "He walks in your building and he looks like the Hulk. ... He can run and catch and he's smart. (I'm) glad he's here."
    more
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Buczilla
      • Aug 2003

He is more than we hoped for. Most Bucs fans were really made when we traded Walker, but Jones has looked great thus far in pre-season.

Comment

Working...
      X