PDA

View Full Version : Shefter: Broncos will have to take Dareus at 2 and not trade down

X-Era
04-16-2011, 09:13 PM
http://twitter.com/#/AdamSchefter/status/59355588076900352

I think most of us realize this.

Rotoworld spun it to mean that there is no chance that they will trade down, they will take Dareus at 2... I dont read it that way.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6472/marcell-dareus

Now, I will say that IMO Denver will stay and take Dareus. And that puts Newton or Gabbert in our laps if we want them.

It will not surprise me, BTW, if Patrick Peterson ends up being the Panthers pick. To me, he is the best prospect in this draft followed by Dareus. And, under this scenario, Newton and Gabbert both drop to us.

I think our pick will be one of the following 4 players: Dareus, Newton, Gabbert, or Miller.

And to be honest, I'd be pretty happy with any of them.

Bangarang
04-16-2011, 09:28 PM
"With the 3rd overall pick in the 2011 NFL draft, the Buffalo Bills select, Mark Ingram, RB out of Alabama."

http://imgsrv.wben.com/image/wben/UserFiles/Image/News_Pix_SPORTS/nix.jpg

BertSquirtgum
04-16-2011, 09:35 PM
i won't be happy with newton or gabbert. i don't understand why people would be.

mysticsoto
04-16-2011, 09:39 PM
That's too bad...I was hoping we'd get Dareus. Oh well, the pick is looking more and more like Von Miller...

However, I just saw this on rotoworld:

ESPN's Adam Schefter continues to believe the Panthers will select Auburn QB Cam Newton at No. 1 overall.

Schefter was similarly confident the Rams would take Sam Bradford at No. 1 last season, so his prediction is likely a sound one. On the chance Newton does slip by Carolina at No. 1, Schefter has been told by a rival GM that he would then not make it past the Bills at No. 3.

clumping platelets
04-16-2011, 10:52 PM
Miller Time!!!

YardRat
04-17-2011, 09:04 AM
Stupid question...Dareus isn't a guy that is going to drop on draft day unless he molests the children of all of the GM's for the top five teams between now and then. Newton, Peterson and Green are the guys most likely to fall out of the top 5 IMO.

Night Train
04-17-2011, 09:44 AM
Shef may be right. Newton won't make it past #3. The thing is teams should be calling Buffalo, trying to beat Cinci to an overrated QB. I'm sure that's what the Bills want, if Dareus is gone. Especially if the old NFL rule$ are still in effect for big rookie bonu$ & guar payout$.

The pick value (2200 points) is known, so backing up in Round 1 equals an extra 2nd,3rd & 5th/6th. God knows we need the extra picks and the value of this draft is in the middle rounds, with only 2 real blue chippers ( Peterson, Dareus ) showing in this draft. Already have an extra 4th & 7th.

FlyingDutchman
04-17-2011, 09:50 AM
i won't be happy with newton or gabbert. i don't understand why people would be.

couple more weeks and we wont have to hear about those scrubs anymore

psubills62
04-17-2011, 12:08 PM
That's too bad...I was hoping we'd get Dareus. Oh well, the pick is looking more and more like Von Miller...

However, I just saw this on rotoworld:
That rotoworld entry made me laugh. A few weeks ago, Schefter was predicting Gabbert would go #1 overall and Rotoworld made the same argument, saying "Schefter was right last year, so it's likely he's right now too, so pencil Gabbert into the #1 spot."

Some people have been saying Newton will go #1 overall for longer than Schefter has.

ublinkwescore
04-19-2011, 09:46 AM
That rotoworld entry made me laugh. A few weeks ago, Schefter was predicting Gabbert would go #1 overall and Rotoworld made the same argument, saying "Schefter was right last year, so it's likely he's right now too, so pencil Gabbert into the #1 spot."

Some people have been saying Newton will go #1 overall for longer than Schefter has.

God I hope Newton's off the board before we draft. same with Patrick Peterson.

OpIv37
04-19-2011, 10:24 AM

When I was a jr in college, about 3 days before I was supposed to head back to school for the fall semester, I found out that my car needed a repair that was more than the car was worth.

So I had to come up with a car, fast. My dad knew a guy who was selling a 12 year old Chevy Nova (same as the Corolla from that year) for next to nothing. The paint was fading, it had no balls and it lacked the only feature I cared about at the time: a tape or CD player so I didn't have to listen to god-awful FM radio.

But, I needed a car so I was more than happy to take what was available. I got by with it for about 3 or 4 years, then I had to replace it with something newer that had more power and more space.

This is exactly what's going on with Newton and Gabbert. We need a QB, so people are willing to settle for what's available rather than waiting to get what we really want/need. And if we do that, then in 3-4 years we'll be looking for a replacement because we took what was available instead of what we really needed.

Philagape
04-19-2011, 10:28 AM
This is exactly what's going on with Newton and Gabbert. We need a QB, so people are willing to settle for what's available rather than waiting to get what we really want/need. And if we do that, then in 3-4 years we'll be looking for a replacement because we took what was available instead of what we really needed.

One of the best draft posts I've ever seen :bf1:

feldspar
04-19-2011, 11:58 PM

Who the hell WASN'T right about Bradford being picked #1 overall last year? Everyone was saying it once they knew he was healthy. It was pretty common knowledge, so I don't give props to Schefter for his prediction.

This year's draft is totally different and a bad year to be picking first, especially if you need a QB. I just hope that Dareus and Miller aren't the first two picks. We desperately need to improve our front 7, and these seem like the best two players to do that. If Dareus is there, I say we don't blink before taking him, but, unfortunately, I don't see that him being there. In that case, I'd take Miller.

Hopefully, the only Cam in the Bills War Room on draft day is the one on the wall, filming them as they make their pick. I hope the Panthers DO take Newton.

Saratoga Slim
04-20-2011, 12:02 AM
God I hope Newton's off the board before we draft. same with Patrick Peterson.

Me too. I don't want the temptation to take Newton, or the second guessing if we don't.

Peterson I could live with. I suppose.

X-Era
04-20-2011, 06:00 AM
Who the hell WASN'T right about Bradford being picked #1 overall last year? Everyone was saying it once they knew he was healthy. It was pretty common knowledge, so I don't give props to Schefter for his prediction.

This year's draft is totally different and a bad year to be picking first, especially if you need a QB. I just hope that Dareus and Miller aren't the first two picks. We desperately need to improve our front 7, and these seem like the best two players to do that. If Dareus is there, I say we don't blink before taking him, but, unfortunately, I don't see that him being there. In that case, I'd take Miller.

Hopefully, the only Cam in the Bills War Room on draft day is the one on the wall, filming them as they make their pick. I hope the Panthers DO take Newton.I don't know that I agree. We had plenty that didn't think Bradford was a franchise guy due to injury concerns and the lack of experience that came along with it.