X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bangarang
    • Sep 2010

Gruden's QB Camp: Newton

Don't know if you guys have seen this but this is Cam speaking with Gruden. Gruden asks Cam to call a play and Cam freezes and goes on to talk about how he's used to the simplicity of Auburn's offense. You see his face when Gruden was calling out that play? This is what worries me about him.

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.
    Last edited by Bangarang; 04-17-2011, 03:49 PM.
  • djjimkelly
    • Apr 2003

Re: Gruden's QB Camp: Newton

this guy is gonna bust bad i pray its not as a buffalo bill

Comment

• Novacane
      • Jul 2002

I hope he had that same deer in the headlight look when Gailey ran similar scenarios by him.

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
        We play to win the game!
        • Oct 2009

I was impressed by his interview. Showed passion

Comment

• BuffaloBlitz83
          We play to win the game!
          • Oct 2009

This kids going to be a pro bowler in 3 years

Comment

• Novacane
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83

Comment

• Philagape
              WIN NOW
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BuffaloBlitz83
              in the UFL
              "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
              2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• djjimkelly
                • Apr 2003

we should set up a poll

who under 30 wants cam and who doesnt

and who over 30 wants him and who doesnt

because i think most under 30 are clueless enough to let espn and other media outlets manipulate them

i call it the iphone ipad generation clueless kids impressed with shiny toys who never use them for anything meaningful

sort of like cam newton shiny and useless

Comment

• X-Era
                  What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by djjimkelly
                  we should set up a poll

because i think most under 30 are clueless enough to let espn and other media outlets manipulate them

i call it the iphone ipad generation clueless kids impressed with shiny toys who never use them for anything meaningful

That's age discrimination but since I'm 38, I don't mind that much.

Comment

• Prov401
                    President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
                    • Aug 2008

I'm 22, and I don't want him.

Comment

• buffalopowereye
                      • Sep 2009

I just turned 32 and I can't agree more with what you said about the "iGeneration." Wow.

As that comment pertains to quarterbacks . . . It took me until I was about 25 to appreciate the true importance of leadership, confidence, psychology, intelligence, will, etc., on the playing field. I'm on the Fitz bandwagon because we finally have a quarterback the team believes in. I cannot fathom drafting a guy like Newton or even Gabbert to replace him.

Comment

• YardRat
                        Well, lookie here...
                        • Dec 2004

YardRat Wall of Fame
                        #56 DARRYL TALLEY
                        #29 DERRICK BURROUGHS#22 FRED JACKSON #95 KYLE WILLIAMS

Comment

• we are
                          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by djjimkelly
                          we should set up a poll

pretty immature post from someone who is trying to make themselves look smarter and more distinguished than younger people.

so you think people only want newton because espn talks about him a lot? you don't think it has anything to do with those 50 touchdowns?

Comment

• Ingtar33
                            Dances With Buffaloes
                            • Sep 2002

There is a lot in Cam's body language when he's talking to Gruden that sets off every alarm bell in my mind. He won't look Gruden in the eye, he covers his mouth and face when talking about things he claims he did or didn't do; he uses a lot of verbal pauses, and says less when he does form a sentence.

I'm seeing a kid who's inherently dishonest with himself; inherently dishonest with others, and who's not particularly smart.

After seeing that, I wouldn't spend a 3rd round pick on him. He's the type of guy who won't react well to coaching, i could see him growing cold and sullen when Gruden was talking, he clearly doesn't like it when people tell him things he needs to hear, or doesn't want to hear. This is a kid who blames others for his own problems. That's not the mental makeup of a champion.

Listen. you don't need to be a good person to succeed in football. You don't need to be honest, you don't need to be particularly smart either. But you need to be able to hear what you don't like and internalize it, and make the changes necessary to get better. I'm not seeing that there; his terrible gun analogy aside (that was something he was coached to say btw in response to that type of question) i don't think he has the temperament to succeed in the NFL. He might have all the physical talent in the world to do so... but not the temperament. Jimmy Clausen had the same issue in his interview last year with Gruden... Clausen's a more honest kid than Newton and i liked his body language more during the interview, but just like Newton he closed down when he heard something he didn't like. Bad sign.

he might prove me wrong... but i doubt it.

btw: Gruden knew Cam was coached into saying the gun analogy, that's why he interrupted him and asked him to repeat it. I was laughing when he did that because it's what i would have done as well. Whats really pathetic about it is, he's been coached the line, but he really sucked at delivering the line. I mean is that the type of results you can expect from coaching the kid? something halfhearted and unconvincing?
                            Last edited by Ingtar33; 04-17-2011, 08:19 PM.
                            My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• THE END OF ALL DAYS
                              The Allen Era has begun.... no looking back now, come hell or high water!
                              • Feb 2005

who cares its going to be carolinas problem in 2 weeks
                              In my day we did not have self-esteem... we had self-respect, and no more of it then we earned.

Comment

Working...
                              X