PDA

View Full Version : We can get the LB and the QB

darthokeefe
04-17-2011, 06:31 PM
7 Months ago if I told you Buffalo could get arguebly the best defensive payer in the draft (VON MILLER) and our new future QB (Ryan MAllet) youd be jumping for joy.....

BILLS NEED TO PICK MILLER 1 and MALLET Should be there in the second....I know he had a shaky Senior year but he looks ready for the NFL and Chan can work with him while Fitzy leads us back to the playoffs....MAKE IT HAPPEN

X-Era
04-17-2011, 06:52 PM
7 Months ago if I told you Buffalo could get arguebly the best defensive payer in the draft (VON MILLER) and our new future QB (Ryan MAllet) youd be jumping for joy.....

BILLS NEED TO PICK MILLER 1 and MALLET Should be there in the second....I know he had a shaky Senior year but he looks ready for the NFL and Chan can work with him while Fitzy leads us back to the playoffs....MAKE IT HAPPENA real possibility. I wonder if Mallett's demeanor will turn off Gailey though... he comes off like a punk. Although, he impressed me during his video interview with Gruden.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft2011/news/story?id=6348822

k-oneputt
04-17-2011, 07:00 PM
I could live with that.
Like Quinn and Locker better though.

Prov401
04-17-2011, 07:16 PM
Mallett isn't even going to come close to making it to the 2nd round.

He's the best QB in this draft, and some team will be smart enough to draft him. If he did make it to the 2nd round, I'd love the pick.

I think the Vikings take him at 12.

X-Era
04-17-2011, 07:20 PM
Mallett isn't even going to come close to making it to the 2nd round.

He's the best QB in this draft, and some team will be smart enough to draft him. If he did make it to the 2nd round, I'd love the pick.

I think the Vikings take him at 12.I won't state it as emphatically as you did. But, it won't surprise me if he gets taken in the 1st round... the position is coveted and there are a lot of teams with QB needs.

T-Long
04-17-2011, 07:24 PM
No thanks in terms of Mallet....I'd rather have Miller and Locker or Miller and Ponder.

YardRat
04-17-2011, 07:43 PM
I'd rather have a Dline/LBer combo myself. Dareus and Wilson/Houston/Reed or Miller and Heyward/Paea.

Johnny Bugmenot
04-17-2011, 07:44 PM
A real possibility. I wonder if Mallett's demeanor will turn off Gailey though... he comes off like a punk. Although, he impressed me during his video interview with Gruden.

Well, Doug Flutie came off as a little bit of a punk too, but all he ever did was lead this team to the playoffs... which is still the last time this team went to the playoffs.

Now add that attitude to a physical skill set like Ryan's... and you have a recipe for a very good quarterback. I think he has the potential to be better than Gabbert, and certainly better than Jake Locker will ever be.

Now, Prov401 believes that Ryan will be drafted quite high (12th). There's been a lot of gossip going around-- most of it pretty much unwarranted-- and that's been pushing Ryan's stock downward, while Gabbert's stock is going up without any real reason. If logic prevails, then he's probably going to be right. (It usually does... Matt Leinart and Brady Quinn were considered steals when they were drafted after they slid far farther than people thought... but it turns out the slide was well-justified, as both have been busts.) I do think Ryan's going to be drafted ahead of Gabbert when all's said and done, and in fact, if Newton and Dereus are both gone at #3, Buffalo ought to take a good, long, hard look at him.

Call it blasphemy if you will, but who would you rather pick? Peterson? An ill-fitting Nick Fairley? Von "Show Me the Million$" Miller? Bowers is out of the question now, sadly.

BertSquirtgum
04-18-2011, 01:02 AM

BILLS NEED TO PICK MILLER 1 and MALLET Should be there in the second....I know he had a shaky Senior year but he looks ready for the NFL and Chan can work with him while Fitzy leads us back to the playoffs....MAKE IT HAPPEN

the best player in the draft is patrick peterson. just wanted to make sure you know that.

alohabillsfan
04-18-2011, 08:16 AM
Ill take Dareus and Reed.... As far as QB's I would take Mallett, Kap, or Stanzi in that order.

Northern Stampede
04-18-2011, 08:30 AM
I'd be ok with Miller and Mallet...

ddaryl
04-18-2011, 08:35 AM
Well, Doug Flutie came off as a little bit of a punk too, but all he ever did was lead this team to the playoffs... which is still the last time this team went to the playoffs.

Fitz could easily take this team to the playoffs if he had the #1 ranked Defense in the league like Flutie did.

baalworship
04-18-2011, 10:39 AM
Bills do not appear interested in Mallett. They brought in Newton, Gabbert, Ponder.

Dolphins love Mallett and will probably take him at 15.

Bill Cody
04-18-2011, 10:46 AM
If we're going to go with the dumb immature guy I'd rather go with Newton. At least he isn't a stone cold statue. Taking Mallet at 12 or at 34 doesn't change that simple fact. If the NFL switched to the Pro Bowl format where you can't blitz I'd be all for Mallet. Doubtful that's on the docket for rules changes though.

Jan Reimers
04-18-2011, 10:51 AM
A real possibility. I wonder if Mallett's demeanor will turn off Gailey though... he comes off like a punk. Although, he impressed me during his video interview with Gruden.

While they both have character issues, I think Mallett is smarter than Newton. But that is not saying much.

justasportsfan
04-18-2011, 10:58 AM

he sure didn't look like a punk in that video. He was the only one replying with "yes sir"

Mr. Miyagi
04-18-2011, 11:21 AM

Yeah after watching Mallet with Gruden I hate him quite a bit less than before.

I still don't like his gangly flaring arms and shoulders when he drops back though. He just looks so fragile and slow and waiting to get killed.

Bill Cody
04-18-2011, 12:07 PM
Fitz could easily take this team to the playoffs if he had the #1 ranked Defense in the league like Flutie did.

Bad QB's never have the #1 ranked D. Think about it.

CleveSteve
04-18-2011, 12:42 PM
If we're going to go with the dumb immature guy I'd rather go with Newton. At least he isn't a stone cold statue. Taking Mallet at 12 or at 34 doesn't change that simple fact. If the NFL switched to the Pro Bowl format where you can't blitz I'd be all for Mallet. Doubtful that's on the docket for rules changes though.

I'm confused... are they allowed to blitz in the SEC? How about drafting some OL?

Bill Cody
04-18-2011, 03:59 PM
I'm confused... are they allowed to blitz in the SEC? How about drafting some OL?

5 Hall of Famers would be a good start.

SABURZFAN
04-18-2011, 04:02 PM

you are 100% wrong.

stuckincincy
04-19-2011, 09:39 AM
I hope BUF did a thorough scouting job on Dalton.