PDA

View Full Version : Props to Yardie and others for the civility

X-Era
04-18-2011, 06:02 PM
Just wanted to say that I've noticed you not hammering every QB at 3 related post even though I know you wouldn't agree with the move. We have had some back and forths and you, and others never got personal. You deserve some respect for keeping the decorum around here.

It's easy to have favorite positions and players. But it's one thing to state an opinion or disagreement, and another to be annoying an attack every post that doesn't support your favorite player or position. This isn't some sort of battle. None of us have control over the situation anyways.

I think we could kick the civility up a notch and keep the tone down overall. Have a good discussion, make your point, but allow others to have theirs. I think you will find that there is a great deal of quality in the opinions around here.

T-Long
04-18-2011, 06:14 PM
Just wanted to say that I've noticed you not hammering every QB at 3 related post even though I know you wouldn't agree with the move. We have had some back and forths and you, and others never got personal. You deserve some respect for keeping the decorum around here.

It's easy to have favorite positions and players. But it's one thing to state an opinion or disagreement, and another to be annoying an attack every post that doesn't support your favorite player or position. This isn't some sort of battle. None of us have control over the situation anyways.

I think we could kick the civility up a notch and keep the tone down overall. Have a good discussion, make your point, but allow others to have theirs. I think you will find that there is a great deal of quality in the opinions around here.

Post of the off-season.

Thief
04-18-2011, 06:21 PM
I am pretty sure the attacks where simply saved for incognito neg rep comments, but cheers.

Luisito23
04-18-2011, 06:22 PM
:negrep:

YardRat
04-18-2011, 06:23 PM
Right back at you and those on your side of the discussion :beers:

YardRat
04-18-2011, 06:33 PM
This isn't one of those April Fools threads, is it?

X-Era
04-18-2011, 06:35 PM
This isn't one of those April Fools threads, is it?Hell no, but we are drafting Olof Pilar.

BertSquirtgum
04-18-2011, 07:01 PM
whoever wants a qb at three needs to have their head checked /end thread

Slim
04-18-2011, 07:17 PM
whoever wants a qb at three needs to have their head checked /end thread

/Thread jacked/thread ruined.

TigerJ
04-18-2011, 09:33 PM
Civility is not that hard, but I appreciate it in posters who make it a habit.

Dr. Lecter
04-18-2011, 09:43 PM
Why would anybody want to be civil with Yardie?

BillsWin
04-18-2011, 09:44 PM
Hell no. If you dont like the same QB as me then you can suck it.

:D

Philagape
04-18-2011, 09:45 PM
But it's one thing to state an opinion or disagreement, and another to be annoying an attack every post that doesn't support your favorite player or position.

You mean like this little tantrum?

Originally Posted by Philagape
I have to admit it's pretty rare to win a Heisman and a national championship in the same year.
In the past 20 years the only QBs to win both biggest achievements in college football at the same time are:
Matt Leinart
Danny Wuerffel
Charlie Ward

Wow, that's some elite company!

Well, that's all done now. I guess we can just ignore him since he did both. Winning the national championship and the Heisman means he can't play QB in the NFL.

One less player to worry about.

I mean seriously?

X-Era
04-19-2011, 05:45 AM
You mean like this little tantrum?Toss me into the list of people as well. I'm sure I'm guilty at times. I thought "we" implied that.