PDA

View Full Version : Here's a REAL bold prediction

Mr. Miyagi
04-19-2011, 11:48 AM
I say Cam Newton drops out of the top 10.

The world would go completely nuts over this. But I think his name has been fluffed up a lot by all the teams who try to sucker someone else to take him, and when it really counts, no one is really that sold on a guy who has less than 400 passes experience, one year wonder, and intelligence, leadership, maturity, and character concerns.

Okay. I think I'm ready for the total uproar in here. Go.

stuckincincy
04-19-2011, 11:56 AM

...no one is really that sold on a guy who has less than 400 passes experience, one year wonder, and intelligence, leadership, concerns.

The Owner/President/GM/self-styled QB guru that plucked Akili Smith, David Klingler, Andre Smith etc. would be beside himself at the chance to grab yet another "value" pick.

:shoothead:

Ickybaluky
04-19-2011, 11:57 AM
I doubt it, the upside is too high. I think he goes #1 overall. Either that, or Carolina is putting on the best smokescreen in draft history.

That said, I hope it happens so Warren Moon's head explodes.

BTW, you can call him a "one-year wonder", but it was one of the greatest years in college football history. The guy led his team to the National Championship in both JUCO and major college football. There is something to be said for that.

DraftBoy
04-19-2011, 12:00 PM
He's going #1.

Mr. Miyagi
04-19-2011, 12:02 PM
It would not make a difference whether or not Warren Moon's head explodes. Nothing inside to spill on the ground.

I found it utterly hilarious when Moon cries racism when people criticize Newton. I picture him stomping his foot on the ground with his arms crossed.

Mr. Miyagi
04-19-2011, 12:05 PM
Don't mean to compare atheleticism or abilities, but it would not be the first time that a highly hyped "he's going #1" QB drops like a rock on draft day.

Rodgers, Quinn, Clausen. Just in the past few years.

Ickybaluky
04-19-2011, 12:07 PM
I think the best thing would be Carolina taking Newton #1 overall and then having the worst record in the NFL again next year.

Think about it, they would have the #1 overall pick on a team with Newton and Jimmy Clausen at QB, and could be looking at drafting Andrew Luck.

Mr. Miyagi
04-19-2011, 12:14 PM
I think the best thing would be Carolina taking Newton #1 overall and then having the worst record in the NFL again next year.

Think about it, they would have the #1 overall pick on a team with Newton and Jimmy Clausen at QB, and could be looking at drafting Andrew Luck.
If that's the case there will be a massive auction for the trade of that #1 pick. Bring cash only.

ServoBillieves
04-19-2011, 12:19 PM
I was beaten to the Jimmy Clausen defense. Newton has a ton of upside, but I don't like him in the top 10 (or 3rd overall).

I do believe that Carolina would draft him first overall, though.

better days
04-19-2011, 10:10 PM
I doubt it, the upside is too high. I think he goes #1 overall. Either that, or Carolina is putting on the best smokescreen in draft history.

BTW, you can call him a "one-year wonder", but it was one of the greatest years in college football history. The guy led his team to the National Championship in both JUCO and major college football. There is something to be said for that.

I really don't understand anyone giving credit for a Juco Championship. Name me one player ever drafted by an NFL team because they won a Juco Championship.

You can call him a one year wonder because that is exactly what he is.

Ebenezer
04-19-2011, 10:13 PM
Maybe it is wishful thinking but he goes #1.

djjimkelly
04-19-2011, 11:06 PM

The world would go completely nuts over this. But I think his name has been fluffed up a lot by all the teams who try to sucker someone else to take him, and when it really counts, no one is really that sold on a guy who has less than 400 passes experience, one year wonder, and intelligence, leadership, maturity, and character concerns.

i have been thinking this exact same thing for a few days and what i think might happen if he starts to slide if gonna be a long slide to late first early second

i hope its not early second because u know the pats will trade round 2 pick 1 to some idiot team that will over pay in the trade

Extremebillsfan247
04-20-2011, 12:14 AM

That is a bold prediction. But your going to be wrong. He will go within the first 5 picks. Whether we like him or not, his talent and upside are far too high for him to slip all the way to 10. Here is something you should consider, he beat every team he faced last year even when he didn't play well. How many other QBs in this draft can you say that about? That is why he will be drafted in the top 5.

Extremebillsfan247
04-20-2011, 12:44 AM
I really don't understand anyone giving credit for a Juco Championship. Name me one player ever drafted by an NFL team because they won a Juco Championship.

You can call him a one year wonder because that is exactly what he is.
If he had done what he did last year for 2 more years at Auburn, that would be bordering on legendary at the collegiate level. He didn't exactly do it on a team bursting at the seams with allstar talent on offense either. He beat the same teams that featured players like Dareus, Bowers, and Peterson, all slated to go somewhere within the top 15 picks of this draft. Anyone who doesn't think Newton is a talented QB is crazy. That was possibly the best first year out of a QB at a college in the SEC that you will ever see.

jamze132
04-20-2011, 05:29 AM
Dude, he won't get passed Buffalo at #3.