Nix on Gabbert: "Gabbert's Stock Has NOT Risen With Us. It Has ALWAYS been High"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mrbojanglezs
    • Jan 2010

Nix on Gabbert: "Gabbert's Stock Has NOT Risen With Us. It Has ALWAYS been High"

Very substantial quote right there, when talking about media hype of gabbert, nix said that him and modrak had him rated high from the beginning after watching some of his games in the beginning of the year.

Also nix said that having gailey makes taking a qb a lot easier decision.

This is in line with what Coach Sal shared with us.

Interesting.
  • NOT THE DUDE...
    Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER
    • Jan 2010

Re: Nix on Gabbert: "Gabbert's Stock Has NOT Risen With Us. It Has ALWAYS been High"

please dareus or miller... no qb, we already have a good one, whats he going to do, sit on the bench for 8 years....

Comment

• CleveSteve
      • Apr 2011

Re: Nix on Gabbert: "Gabbert's Stock Has NOT Risen With Us. It Has ALWAYS been High"

Just trying to bait AZ, CIN, SF to trade up IMO.

Comment

• cookie G
        • Mar 2003

Mr. Modrak, please watch the Nebraska and Texas Tech games.

Comment

• trapezeus
          Legendary Zoner
          • Oct 2004

my heart says that bills won't take a QB in this spot. if they are honest with themselves, they know they'll be picking top 10 again next year, no matter how good everyone turns out. we dont have the depth to weather any injuries on either side of the ball.

Comment

• ct bills fan
            • Jul 2002

Great article on him; I still think pick #3 is miller, but, if Gabbert is considered the franchise QB, then you have to take him.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
              Unreachable Douche
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by trapezeus
              if they are honest with themselves, they know they'll be picking top 10 again next year, no matter how good everyone turns out.
              That's exactly it. It's not a 1 year fix.

Comment

• TigerJ
                • Jul 2002

I have no idea whether or not Buffalo will pick a QB at #3 overall. I don't think Nix is lying, but they have more than one player rated very highly at the top of the first round. Liking him doesn't mean they will take him, but they might.
                I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• X-Era
                  What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                  • Feb 2005

Not necessarily Gabbert related... I love that he said that now is the right time to take a QB. That totally fits with the way some of us see it. Fitz's contract being up next year, being able to sit him for this whole year while we get better in other areas, Gailey getting time to develop him slowly...

It really makes sense to do it this way IMO.

Comment

• Night Train
                    Retired - On Several Levels
                    • Jul 2005

" Welcome to Salesmenship 101. I'll be schooling you today.."
                    Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                      Unreachable Douche
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by X-Era
                      It would make sense if there was a QB that was worthy of the 3rd pick. Newton/Gabbert will be busts. Other QB's can be drafted in the 2nd or 3rd rounds.
                      Last edited by TacklingDummy; 04-19-2011, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• Bangarang
                        • Sep 2010

Originally posted by X-Era
                        Not necessarily Gabbert related... I love that he said that now is the right time to take a QB. That totally fits with the way some of us see it. Fitz's contract being up next year, being able to sit him for this whole year while we get better in other areas, Gailey getting time to develop him slowly...

I must give you credit. For months now you've been saying don't be surprised if Gabbert is taken at #3. I really don't believe that Nix is trying to blow smoke by saying how much they like Gabbert and how much sense it makes for them to draft a QB now.

The closer we get to draft night, the more I think Gabbert's name will be called when we pick at 3.
                        Last edited by Bangarang; 04-19-2011, 03:45 PM.

Comment

• Philagape
                          WIN NOW
                          • Jul 2002

“It’s not a sin to tell a lie pre-draft. Everybody does it. It’s accepted. So everything you hear or read or see, you need to keep in mind that about 10 percent of it’s the truth.”

-- Buddy Nix
                          "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                          2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

Didn't Buddy Nix also say "It's not a sin to lie in pre-Draft talk" ?

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Philagape
                              “It’s not a sin to tell a lie pre-draft. Everybody does it. It’s accepted. So everything you hear or read or see, you need to keep in mind that about 10 percent of it’s the truth.”

-- Buddy Nix
                              That's the quote I was looking for. Exactly! Nix is trying to convince one of the teams to trade up to #2 for Gabbert so Dareus would fall to us. Or else he wants other teams to try to trade with Buffalo....

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              😂
                              🥰
                              😘
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😞
                              😡
                              👍