X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Kaepernick holds slight athletic edge over Newton, trainer says

"They're a lot alike in terms of being really special, and they're both extremely athletic," said Smith, founder of Duluth, Ga.-based Competitive Edge Sports. "But Colin is actually a little bit better athletically. He's a little faster -- I've clocked him as low as a 4.4 (-second runner in the 40-yard dash) -- and there isn't a quarterback in this draft who throws the ball with the velocity that Colin does. Colin is a better athlete, and he understands the game better."
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • FlyingDutchman
    • Apr 2005

Re: Kaepernick holds slight athletic edge over Newton, trainer says

Bring him to Buffalo and lets run the Pistol formation

Comment

• TacklingDummy
      Unreachable Douche
      • Jul 2002

Wouldn't be surprised if Miami took him in the 1st.

Comment

• tatersalad
        • Apr 2008

very intriguing prospect

Comment

• Raptor
          • Jan 2009

To slow of a release for me and way to raw of a passer

Comment

• stuckincincy
            Buffalo Bills Fan
            • Sep 2003

Originally posted by TacklingDummy
            Wouldn't be surprised if Miami took him in the 1st.
            The *speculation* here in CIN, is if Palmer stays in the league, MIA is the odds-on destination. IMO, though, Palmer is damaged goods.

Everybody knows that story - Palmer won't play for Mike Brown (don't blame him), Brown won't trade (and he can't, of course, with the league in limbo)

But if things shake out somehow, my guess is Palmer goes to MIA. I imagine MIA might have to strike a deal with someone to pony up a mid-2nd round pick, and the usual lower round throw-ins.

CIN is certainly in a qb hunt, if they don't bite early on.
            Last edited by stuckincincy; 04-19-2011, 04:30 PM.
            Fiat justitia ruat caelum. Noli timere. Laus Deo.

Comment

• Night Train
              Retired - On Several Levels
              • Jul 2005

Throws a quick ball ( 59 mph ) hitting the receivers quickly. He probably has the highest ceiling of this weak crop of QB's.
              Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

I would trade back into the 1st round to draft him. He probably won't be there by our 2nd rounder.

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                  • Sep 2008

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                  "They're a lot alike in terms of being really special", not really. Cam Newton with very little experience at QB went into Auburn with no one special on offense and turned it into the best team in the nation. What did Kaepernick do at Nevada? I would also argue that Cam Newton did it against better competition. He was named SEC Offensive Player of the Year and won the Heisman in a landslide for a reason beating out Andrew Luck by over 1200 votes. In my opinion they aren't even close in comparison.

Comment

• X-Era
                    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                    He would be my 3rd best QB for the Bills. If he makes it to the 2nd round, and we didn't address it in round 1, I wouldn't mind that pick.

He does look a bit like Losman though:

Last edited by X-Era; 04-19-2011, 05:34 PM.

Comment

• Crisis
                      • Aug 2004

really? he looks nothing like losman
                      Originally posted by LOSman WINS
                      Vanek is Austrian not European
                      Originally posted by Prov401
                      Pacquiao isn't asian. He's from the philippines
                      Originally posted by better days
                      I will not be surprised if Tebow has more success than Peyton in the NFL.

Comment

• X-Era
                        What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Crisis
                        really? he looks nothing like losman
                        Maybe a little... and they both have that high voice.

The "similarities" end there though... thankfully for Colin K.

Comment

• Tatonka
                          • Jul 2002

he looks nothing like losman.. nothing at all.. they are not even the same race.

wow.

anyway.. kaepernick is my favorite qb in this draft by far.
                          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Philagape
                            WIN NOW
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247
                            "They're a lot alike in terms of being really special", not really. Cam Newton with very little experience at QB went into Auburn with no one special on offense and turned it into the best team in the nation. What did Kaepernick do at Nevada? I would also argue that Cam Newton did it against better competition. He was named SEC Offensive Player of the Year and won the Heisman in a landslide for a reason beating out Andrew Luck by over 1200 votes. In my opinion they aren't even close in comparison.
                            If their teams had been switched last year, then we'd know.
                            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
                            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                              • Sep 2008

Originally posted by X-Era
                              Maybe a little... and they both have that high voice.

The "similarities" end there though... thankfully for Colin K.
                              They are both from California. lol Kaepernick from Turlock, Losman from Venice. Kaepernick lives a little over an hours drive from where Trent Edwards came from in Los Gatos. That would be weird if we drafted him.

Comment

Working...
                              X