Series tied.

Miller 2 Philly 2

Crisis
04-20-2011, 09:14 PM
he stole this one, i wouldn't say he stole game one

myers was a beast tonight

Michael82
04-20-2011, 09:16 PM
Miller is terrible! He should have been benched for a rookie goalie. Enroth is a stud and would have won the 2 games that Miller lost. :rofl:

THATHURMANATOR
04-20-2011, 09:19 PM
This just proves all of those DUMB ASSES calling for Enroth wrong....

Michael82
04-20-2011, 09:23 PM
This just proves all of those DUMB ASSES calling for Enroth wrong....
:hi5:

OpIv37
04-20-2011, 09:26 PM
he stole this one, i wouldn't say he stole game one

myers was a beast tonight

Myers was beating the **** out of Briere all night. Glad someone finally got sick of them running Miller.

And Miller absolutely stole this one. And Pominville sucks on breakaways... I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so.

tampabay25690
04-20-2011, 09:29 PM
CONNOLLY SUCKS BIG BALZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ................

Ebenezer
04-20-2011, 09:31 PM
he was terrible tonight.....and don't hijack the thread! :biggrin:

Crisis
04-20-2011, 09:32 PM
Myers was beating the **** out of Briere all night. Glad someone finally got sick of them running Miller.

And Miller absolutely stole this one. And Pominville sucks on breakaways... I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so.

Myers is doing to Philly what Chara was doing to us last year.

It's nice to have that imposing force on your blueline.

Crisis
04-20-2011, 09:40 PM
oh, and as for much as i defended connolly in the other threads....he was god awful tonight.

he was good on the PK, but other than that he was completely worthless. he almost single handedly ruined the 5 minute PP....and watching him float to loose pucks is embarassing.

tampabay25690
04-20-2011, 09:40 PM

Miller was UNREAL tonite....

Ebenezer
04-20-2011, 09:43 PM
Miller was UNREAL tonite....
Way to stay on thread!! :biggrin:

kelly2reed4six
04-20-2011, 10:14 PM
I called the shut out baby!

DrGraves
04-20-2011, 11:35 PM
Leopold and Connolly are skating like they **** their pants....

Miller was unreal

and Myers/Gerbe/Kaleta are the only two skaters playing like they give a damn

G Wolly
04-21-2011, 12:16 AM
This is the goalie Miller is supposed to be.

We'll see how Friday goes.

helmetguy
04-21-2011, 03:46 AM

Two?

Dr. Lecter
04-21-2011, 05:16 AM

When?

I saw Ennis on one and Timmy kinda on one (and he passed), but not Pomminville.

And he did score the only goal of the game.

Why obsess on only the breakaways?

Dr. Lecter
04-21-2011, 05:16 AM
Leopold and Connolly are skating like they **** their pants....

Miller was unreal

I guess you did not watch Gaustad, Neidermayer, Ennis and a whole bunch of others.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-21-2011, 06:12 AM
That was awesome, Miller playing every position. Let's give Boucher a little credit for keeping the Flyers in the game, also the goal post. I always wonder how a goalie steals a game.

YardRat
04-21-2011, 06:24 AM
I guess you did not watch Gaustad, Neidermayer, Ennis and a whole bunch of others.

Ennis is struggling in this series, IMO.

As for the team, the first two periods were decent hockey, but the third looked like Miller was the only player on the team who had been on skates before.

ddaryl
04-21-2011, 07:39 AM
Sad reality is this team won't go too far if they have to rely on Miller to steal games. AND Miller is not capable of stealing entire series IMO.

I think the criticism of Miller needs to continue because he obviously responds to it.

That being said the Sabres have been a chronic 40 minute team... They rarely seem to be able to give you 3 solid periods

TMu11
04-21-2011, 07:39 AM
Two?

Maybe Gerbe only = 1/3 ?

SabreEleven
04-21-2011, 07:41 AM
With as great as a game Miller had, he is just as liable to give up 6 goals on Friday night.

Ebenezer
04-21-2011, 07:42 AM
With as great as a game Miller had, he is just as liable to give up 6 goals on Friday night.
I fully expect a 6-5 game on Friday.

chernobylwraiths
04-21-2011, 07:57 AM

Maybe we should just put in Enroth so that doesn't happen

OpIv37
04-21-2011, 08:15 AM
When?

I saw Ennis on one and Timmy kinda on one (and he passed), but not Pomminville.

And he did score the only goal of the game.

Why obsess on only the breakaways?

in the 3rd he was wide open coming up the right side with no one in front of him. It was a 2 on 1 and the defender was cheating towards the other guy. He fired a long shot and I can't remember if it went wide or if he kicked it away.

And the reason I'm obsessing over it is because that would have made it 2-0 and basically eliminated any chance at a Philly comeback. In the long run, it didn't matter, but these are the things the Sabres do that bug me. They let other teams hang around and like to take the path of most resistance.

trapezeus
04-21-2011, 08:26 AM
I thought the ennis breakaway was more of a heart breaker. It was the end of a 1:30 stretch of end to end hockey. Crowd was totally into it. If he scores there, the crowd just takes over. But he missed and everyone sat down nervously to see the next opportunity.

Overall, i think that's a hard game to replicate. Come out, play strong until you get the lead and then sit back..that's kind of a loser's attitude, but based on the difference in the level of talent, i think that's all the sabres can do. The forwards need to get the puck out of the zone. Mccormick failed and gave up the winner in game three, and gaustad made the most obvious non clear by giving danny briere 3 minutes to decide what he wanted to do one on one with miller.

SkateZilla
04-21-2011, 09:22 AM
oh, and as for much as i defended connolly in the other threads....he was god awful tonight.

he was good on the PK, but other than that he was completely worthless. he almost single handedly ruined the 5 minute PP....and watching him float to loose pucks is embarassing.

He did ruin it, with his random behind the back passes to no one..... or when he lazily floated to the puck and WATCHED as a Philly player skated right by him and took the puck right to miller, on MORE than one occasion, he was the one that tried to clear the puck on the boards with 2 Philly players and Buffalo player in front of him that led to Briere / Miller's 1 on 1 session.

Myers was all over Briere All Night.

Stand By For the Richards / Timonen 1 Game Suspension Announcements.

JD
04-21-2011, 12:38 PM
Ok, so Miller gets the shut out last night.. I guess this means we lose 5-3 tomorrow.

Nighthawk
04-21-2011, 12:41 PM
Miller was outstanding last night, but the people who don't feel he has been mediocre in the prior two games are just too wrapped up in the moment. This is what Miller gets paid $6.5 million to do, carry his team..he finally did that and I was glad to see it. He needs to continue doing it and stop playing like an average, every day goalie. If he does, the Sabres will have a great shot at winning this series.

Ebenezer
04-21-2011, 12:49 PM
in the 3rd he was wide open coming up the right side with no one in front of him. It was a 2 on 1 and the defender was cheating towards the other guy. He fired a long shot and I can't remember if it went wide or if he kicked it away.

And the reason I'm obsessing over it is because that would have made it 2-0 and basically eliminated any chance at a Philly comeback. In the long run, it didn't matter, but these are the things the Sabres do that bug me. They let other teams hang around and like to take the path of most resistance.

That was not a breakaway. His ass was almost up against the boards. He had no choice but to shoot it from there. It's 2011. Every quality goalie in the league is going to stop that shot 95% or more of the time.

G Wolly
04-21-2011, 12:53 PM
If it had not been for Myers' incredible shot block in I forgot which period, first?, we would have gone into OT/Lost for sure. The whole net was wide open and Myers dove in the way and got enough of his stick in the way to deflect it out.

That saved our whole game.

SabreEleven
04-21-2011, 12:56 PM
Miller was outstanding last night, but the people who don't feel he has been mediocre in the prior two games are just too wrapped up in the moment. This is what Miller gets paid $6.5 million to do, carry his team..he finally did that and I was glad to see it. He needs to continue doing it and stop playing like an average, every day goalie. If he does, the Sabres will have a great shot at winning this series.

This is a the difference between Miller and Hasek. Miller can steal games, Hasek stole whole series.

trapezeus
04-21-2011, 01:25 PM
well according to the guys on NHLNEtwork, miller can steal a series too. so lets see what happens friday. if they can somehow wrestle this game away from the flyers, it will be interesting to see.

SabreEleven
04-21-2011, 01:26 PM
well according to the guys on NHLNEtwork, miller can steal a series too. so lets see what happens friday. if they can somehow wrestle this game away from the flyers, it will be interesting to see.

What series has he ever stole?

G Wolly
04-21-2011, 01:32 PM
What series has he ever stole?

There's a difference between "can" and "has"

SkateZilla
04-21-2011, 01:38 PM
If it had not been for Myers' incredible shot block in I forgot which period, first?, we would have gone into OT/Lost for sure. The whole net was wide open and Myers dove in the way and got enough of his stick in the way to deflect it out.

That saved our whole game.

I think it was the 2nd Period, Miller had a Philly player to his right side, and that player had a open net to shoot as as miller was down and out, Myers dove In Front and deflected the puck up and it glanced off the crossbar and into the glass/netting.

Myers was all over Briere.... and when the scrum started at the end of the game, Myers had a Flyer Player under each arm, and was still going after another.

Ebenezer
04-21-2011, 07:00 PM
Miller shouldn't have to score four shutouts for the Sabres to win any series. And he shouldn't have to get two of them to start getting your respect.