PDA

View Full Version : Its Amazing, there is always a surprise year after year.

Mike
04-21-2011, 01:19 AM
Its Amazing, there is always a surprise year after year.

Last year at this time, many thought we had one of the best Secondary in the NFL and the Best RBs in the NFL -many thought so anyway- and good LBers.

LT, the O-Line, QB and WR were considered the major needs. None were really fulfilled. Fitz stepped up along with "Why you So Serious" and our o-line did ok. Our RBs were average, and our secondary was below average and our LBers sucked.... Many weaknesses became strengths and many strengths became weaknesses...

I wounder what good and bad surprises we will have this year. Will our D-Line & LBers all of the sudden be magical? Will our TEs really surprise us? Will our RB outside of Fast Freddie suck?

What do you think? Who will surprise this year? Give me one good and one bad surprise...

Mike
04-21-2011, 01:23 AM
Here are mine:

Good Surprise:
TE: I think our TE might surprise us in a good way. I think they have real potential and talent, however have been held back by injury. I go out on a limb and say they stay out of docs office and onto the field and produce.

Bad Surprise:
RB: Spiller: I think he remains the back-up and becomes a poor mans version of Reggie Bush, a receiving threat out of the backfield who can't run between the tackles.

Way Out on a Limb:
CB: McKelvin becomes good, as in above average CB.

jcdavey
04-21-2011, 01:39 AM
"why so serious"

Mike
04-21-2011, 02:08 AM
i guess i stand corrected...

Mike
04-21-2011, 02:09 AM
its funny no-one want to share their opinion unless they are arguing their point.

Buddo
04-21-2011, 05:25 AM
TE could be a surprise. I still believe Nelson has the necessary talent, the kid has a natural ability to catch the pigskin, but that won't happen if he cannot resolve his health issues. Also, the FA they picked up who NIx drafted for the Chargers, might surprise, from what I've seen/heard around, it appears the coaching staff like the look of him. IIRC, he was a former 4th round pick. Good chance he hasn't had that many opportunities previously - especially with Gates being in san Diego when he was there.
The O-Line. I think with Bell and Wood coming back fitter and stronger, they will surprise. I believe they will find a solution at RT somewhere, and we can look forward to some decent production. I think they make Wood the Center too btw, with Urbik or Rhineheardt (sp?) at RG.
With better O-Line play, Spiller will start to look 'as advertised'. (Not so much 'surprise' as a beginning)
Troup will start to make plays.
We will find an ILB who smacks guys down at the LOS.
Easley will become an (eventual) alternate deep threat to Evans, allowing Evans to get more involved in other routes, and regain his productivity.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
04-21-2011, 06:02 AM
why thank you. i appreciate you saying ive done well :)

Ginger Vitis
04-21-2011, 06:28 AM
Good Surprise.. Shawn Nelson catches 50 balls

Bad Surprise.. Steve Johnson catches 50 balls

McBFLO
04-21-2011, 07:19 AM
Good surprise is our pass rush. Merriman comes back to form. Carrington becomes more of an impact player. Our shiny new rookie 3rd overall pick, Von Miller comes in and becomes and instant force.

Bad surprise is going to be our running game on offense. Fred starts to show his age and CJ will show that he cant shed tacklers and ends up with a ypc average under 4 yards.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-21-2011, 07:19 AM
What is amazing is that most people fall for the "draft experts" and the rumors abroad, only to discover that most of it is not true.

Johnny Bugmenot
04-21-2011, 07:28 AM
Good surprise:
Troup steps up, defensive line gels, and run defense improves.

Bad surprise:
Nobody steps up at RT; o-line regresses. Offense takes a hit as a result.