X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DesertFox24
    • Jul 2005

QB

is it just me or would anyone else rather draft a Stanzi, McElroy, or Taylor in the 4th or later.

There are so many flaws with the top guys and they will take so much time to develop, why not take one of these three and develop them.

If we are going to have to develop them anyway I would rather draft players in the first three rounds and then projects after that.
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: QB

Originally posted by DesertFox24
    is it just me or would anyone else rather draft a Stanzi, McElroy, or Taylor in the 4th or later.

There are so many flaws with the top guys and they will take so much time to develop, why not take one of these three and develop them.

If we are going to have to develop them anyway I would rather draft players in the first three rounds and then projects after that.
    Trouble is, the guys you mentioned will probably never develop into anything but clipboard holders. At least the better guys have a chance to develop into starters.

But I'm all for drafting D in the first several rounds, and leaving Fitz at the helm for another season.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• PTI
      Banned
      • Jan 2011

Yep, those 3 guys have no flaws and I like watching Fitz play QB for the next 3 years.

Comment

• Pinkerton Security
        Pinkerton's son
        • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
        Trouble is, the guys you mentioned will probably never develop into anything but clipboard holders. At least the better guys have a chance to develop into starters.

But I'm all for drafting D in the first several rounds, and leaving Fitz at the helm for another season.
        Well I think what he is saying is that he'd rather take a flyer on a late Round QB and let Fitz play the season as opposed to drafting Newton or Gabbert.

I keep saying, Gabbert and Newton just happen to be the best QBs in the draft, but that doesnt mean they are any of the best players. QBs are important obviously, but just because they are the BEST QB's doesnt mean they are the best players in the draft, and I think this is something we should never do. It is basically reaching. Newton I could see because of his tremendous ceiling, but Gabbert was a 2nd rounder until Luck decided to stay in school...no one should jump into the top 10 from the 2nd round just because another player doesnt declare.

Comment

• PTI
          Banned
          • Jan 2011

BTW, every QB is a project, you must try and take the highest rated guys that have the best potential when you have the chance.

Comment

• justasportsfan
            • Jul 2002

the 2 qb's I find intriguing are Stanzi and Kaepernick.
            sacrifice1
            https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

Working...
            X