PDA

View Full Version : Rep from me for being wrong

trapezeus
04-21-2011, 10:24 AM
To my delight, i was entirely wrong on saying enroth should have gotten the start. I said it not to diss miller but to diss the way the sabrse play in front of their goalie. The team as a whole did very little different from games 2 and 3, but miller was a magic man . i hope this is the level he stays at because we'll need it. He literally has to be mistake free and cover up a plethora of mistakes offensively and defensively. It's thankless, but he's done it 50% of the series. He'll have to keep up at it if the other guys don't show up.

I also championed yanking pominville. I even told my pal before puck drop that i'd pay him $50 for every goal pominville had. I even knew I was making pominville a goalscorer by doing that.

I was happy to make the payment and was kind of waiting for him to score 4 goals just to stick it to me.

So there you go. Take a laugh at me for being wrong, and i'll hit the thank button in your direction.

OpIv37
04-21-2011, 10:28 AM
Props for manning up and admitting it.

I'm with you on half of it though- I stood up for Miller but wanted Pominville benched.

The King
04-21-2011, 10:30 AM
Way too many people turn to the goalie first. Miller ground out 65 games in goal for the Sabres... you got to let him play. The same crap was going on in Boston after the 0-2 start.

Ginger Vitis
04-21-2011, 10:30 AM
Thanks Trap..it's all good

rbochan
04-21-2011, 10:43 AM
I'm still not sold on Pominweasel.

trapezeus
04-21-2011, 10:53 AM
i was actually fine with miller playing well. i think i made it clear that the enroth start was more to get people to play defense and clear the zone normally. They still didn't do that consistantly, but miller was there. it's like asking for lightning to strike 4 times in the same spot by asking miller to play like he did in game 1 and 4.

as for pominville, i threw my hands up in the air on the goal at the buffalo bar as everyone cheered and then a pal of mine was like, "that was pominville, dude." and then i was left being seinfeld upon seeing newman. "pominville". Sweetest $50 spent thus far on the sabres this year. i plan on doing this bet again for friday. the deal was $50 for every pominville goal and $25 if he doesn't score. I'm pretty sure if i let this roll through the rest of the playoffs, i make money.

PTI
04-21-2011, 10:59 AM
Pommer, tied for 2nd in the series in scoring, over the past 5 years is in the top 5 in points and goals for RWs in the NHL. It is silly to suggest he is a bad player, he is consistent. He is not a superstar, but would be at least a top 2 line level type player on every team.

Yasgur's Farm
04-21-2011, 11:08 AM
To my delight, i was entirely wrong on saying enroth should have gotten the start. I said it not to diss miller but to diss the way the sabrse play in front of their goalie. The team as a whole did very little different from games 2 and 3, but miller was a magic man . i hope this is the level he stays at because we'll need it. He literally has to be mistake free and cover up a plethora of mistakes offensively and defensively. It's thankless, but he's done it 50% of the series. He'll have to keep up at it if the other guys don't show up.

I also championed yanking pominville. I even told my pal before puck drop that i'd pay him $50 for every goal pominville had. I even knew I was making pominville a goalscorer by doing that.

I was happy to make the payment and was kind of waiting for him to score 4 goals just to stick it to me.

So there you go. Take a laugh at me for being wrong, and i'll hit the thank button in your direction.Thanks

SabreEleven
04-21-2011, 11:16 AM
Connolly MUST have pictures of Ruff and Regeir in a love pose because he is just horrendous out there. There was a puck that came out of the Philly Zone and Connolly just half-assed to get to the puck while the Flyer took the puck from him and went down for nice oppurtunity on net. I rewound it like 3 times make sure it was him and was sure he would be benched but he was out there for the next PP and to think I used to defend that guy.

PTI
04-21-2011, 11:27 AM
Going to watch the Flyers feed of the game in a moment to see how much they whine about calls.

G Wolly
04-21-2011, 01:05 PM
In all fairness, without anyone tearing my head off, none of us know how well/bad Enroth could have played.

Could he have allowed less than Miller last night? Obviously not.

I'm not looking for an argument, but based on your first sentence saying you were wrong for saying Enroth should have played, is merely an opinion since we have no idea of how he would have done.

elltrain22
04-21-2011, 01:19 PM
Right there w/ ya Trap!! I criticized Miller, and probably wouldn't have been displeased if Enroth would've gotten the start last night. I def' questioned Miller's play, and he def' shut my dumb *** up last night!!

elltrain22
04-21-2011, 01:21 PM
In all fairness, without anyone tearing my head off, none of us know how well/bad Enroth could have played.

Could he have allowed less than Miller last night? Obviously not.

I'm not looking for an argument, but based on your first sentence saying you were wrong for saying Enroth should have played, is merely an opinion since we have no idea of how he would have done.

I don't think too many goalies in the NHL could have done what Miller did last night. He was that damn good!!

trapezeus
04-21-2011, 01:24 PM
i'm with golly on this. enroth couldn't have done better, but i feel like the team wouldn't have let some of those absurd chances come up.

but miller earned the next game and calmed some nerves. He still has to prove to be consistent this year. so far the sabres have shown very little interest in winning these 4 games from an offensive standpoint.

i really hate that people are like, "bouche really played well in a goalie battle." Bouche faced like 3 quality chances and 2 hit the cross bar the other went in. Miller faced a storm of good chances and dstopped them all. The offense needs to get it going and get a two goal lead so we don't wear miller down. He already looks like he weighs about 160 lbs.

G Wolly
04-21-2011, 01:31 PM
I don't think too many goalies in the NHL could have done what Miller did last night. He was that damn good!!

And I'm not saying Enroth could have done the same, nor am I saying he would have done worse.

I'm just being technical. But I understand the point here.