PDA

View Full Version : Bills and Ponder Linked again via Andre Reed

methos4ever
04-21-2011, 02:35 PM
http://wgr550.com/Andre-Reed-Hints-Bills-Interest-in-QB/9034669?pid=45316

Thursday afternoon, Andre Reed raised some eyebrows with a tweet to a certain draft prospect. Florida State QB Christian Ponder.

"@cponder7 Lookin forward to calling your name Draft Day!!!!!!!!!Bills brash like ur style"

Reed deleted the tweet shortly after typing it. So like I said, read in to it what you will.

Bangarang
04-21-2011, 02:39 PM
Been saying it for months. Ponder at 34. Also wouldn't mind seeing his girlfriend at the Ralph.

CleveSteve
04-21-2011, 02:41 PM
that's a total facepalm. now not only will the bills not get him, but the pats will make out like bandits trading out of 33

HAMMER
04-21-2011, 02:53 PM
What an idiot.

stuckincincy
04-21-2011, 02:53 PM
The provenance of a "tweet", or a "voice mail", is beyond laughable...

trapezeus
04-21-2011, 03:00 PM
either the bills are incredibly deceptive and can engage in grade A mind ****ery or they just can't get out of their own way.

which do you think is more believable?

HAMMER
04-21-2011, 03:06 PM
Been saying it for months. Ponder at 34. Also wouldn't mind seeing his girlfriend at the Ralph.

I thought he was announcing our pick at 3 only, maybe I'm wrong.

justasportsfan
04-21-2011, 03:08 PM
I thought he was announcing our pick at 3 only, maybe I'm wrong.
they changed it. he's announcing our second pick.

kingJofNYC
04-21-2011, 03:09 PM
I'm sure Nix has kept Reed up to date.

justasportsfan
04-21-2011, 03:11 PM
I'm sure Nix has kept Reed up to date.
maybe its a smokescreen.

ublinkwescore
04-21-2011, 03:15 PM

I would hope no Bills fan would be dumb enough to try to sleep with the Bills' quarterback of the future's wife or girlfriend... that would just be wrong - we need our QB to have a clear head and as little off the field guff as possible so he can focus on football and nothing but football.

Personally, I would fight someone if I saw them trying to hit on the Bills' starting quarterback's wife/girlfriend.

Ickybaluky
04-21-2011, 03:18 PM
Adam Schefter seems to think that both Ponder and Dalton will be picked on Day 1 and not make it to the 2nd round.

methos4ever
04-21-2011, 03:23 PM
I think that Reed was just talking on his own and the tweet (and its re-tweeting) made him re-evaluate what he said.

He later wrote it as "possibly" announcing the name. Ultimately, like Jim I think Andre is just a really famous Bills fan who talks a bit.

psubills62
04-21-2011, 03:30 PM
Adam Schefter seems to think that both Ponder and Dalton will be picked on Day 1 and not make it to the 2nd round.
Maybe, but I don't consider Adam Schefter to be terribly trustworthy since moving to ESPN.

I actually don't think Dalton or Ponder will get picked on Day 1. It's possible one of them might, though.

kingJofNYC
04-21-2011, 03:30 PM
maybe its a smokescreen.

I'm sure he heard that we like Ponder, or that we're high on him, or something of that nature but who's to say we don't like another QB just as much, or maybe more. Who knows?

With regards to Dalton/Ponder going in the 1st, that means 4 QBs are going round 1, with Locker/Kaepernick/Mallett going in 2nd/3rd rounds. What if Mallett goes in the first? That's 5, pretty high number.

Pats are set up perfectly to trade down and have a team like the 49ers, Redskins, Cardinals (depending on what they do in round 1) move up and take a QB. They hold on of the last 5 picks in round 1 and the first in round 2, all ahead of the Bills.

Depending on what we do with #3, every team in the league will call up the Pats at 28 and 1 (round 2).

psubills62
04-21-2011, 03:32 PM
Besides, DB has been talking about the Bills' interest in Ponder since during the CFB season. It's obvious they like him, it's just a matter of their interest level in Ponder vs. their interest level in other players who will be available at #34.

PTI
04-21-2011, 03:45 PM
All the QBs taken just go to show that you need a better than average QB to really win and be competitive. Hope the Bills got the notice.

tampabay25690
04-21-2011, 05:22 PM
I think it was friendly chat guys.....I wouldn't read into it....

THRILLHO
04-21-2011, 05:31 PM
I think it was friendly chat guys.....I wouldn't read into it....

Exactly.

Teams keep their board under lock and key, dont talk about any of it with any one. Why would we tell a former player we plan to draft someone? Im not getting excited over this.

baalworship
04-21-2011, 05:56 PM
I met Thurman Thomas (he was a guest speaker at a dinner for our company) before the draft one year and of course asked him who we would take.

He said we would draft Leodis McKelvin.

I doubt the Bills are feeding draft picks to ex-players but they are fans too and this stuff isn't that hard to figure out. Anyone who says Von Miller or Gabbert this year has a good chance of being right.

djjimkelly
04-21-2011, 08:21 PM

hit the gym get jacked and u can have hotties like that easily

Extremebillsfan247
04-22-2011, 10:22 AM
It's no secret by now that the Bills are gearing up to take a QB within the first 2 picks of this draft. Ponder is definitely a QB they like, that isn't a secret either. However, they also like Mallet and Kaepernick. Let's also not forget about the 2 QB's at the top of the draft. Both Gabbert, and Newton are still in the conversation at One Bills Drive until Carolina determines otherwise. I'm thinking the Bills much rather have Newton. But if they have no QB by the time they are on the clock for the 34th overall selection, it will simply come down to who is there and who isn't between Mallet, Ponder, and Kaepernick. JMO

stuckincincy
04-22-2011, 10:37 AM
hit the gym get jacked and u can have hotties like that easily

Bon appetit!

http://www.webmd.com/sexual-conditions/hpv-genital-warts/news/20090729/oral-sex-cause-throat-cancer-rise

:dancers:

Jan Reimers
04-22-2011, 10:44 AM
I wouldn't mind Miller, Ponder and then the best DE or DT in the third.

justasportsfan
04-22-2011, 10:53 AM
So Gailey likes Newton. Gabbert is high on our boards. Andre says the bills like Ponders style. Shefter says the bills like Locker. Bills' scouts say Kaepernick is a first rd. talent. Mcshay said the bills are eyeing Dalton at 34. etc.etc.

Add all of that together and I think we're drafting Blake Bolles. All 194 lbs. of him.

stuckincincy
04-22-2011, 11:09 AM
So Gailey likes Newton. Gabbert is high on our boards. Andre says the bills like Ponders style. Shefter says the bills like Locker. Bills' scouts say Kaepernick is a first rd. talent. Mcshay said the bills are eyeing Dalton at 34. etc.etc.

Add all of that together and I think we're drafting Blake Bolles. All 194 lbs. of him.

Who knows?

Maybe someday, an owner will pull a Charie O. Findley and sell off everything.

THATHURMANATOR
04-22-2011, 01:20 PM
These athletes on Twitter and Facebook are the worst. They are such idiots.

Andre WTF!!!!

BillsWin
04-22-2011, 01:26 PM
I'd definitely be ok with Ponder at 34. More than ok actually. I want Miller and Ponder. My dynamic duo.

jimbohastle51
04-22-2011, 01:55 PM
ponder is garbage. i live 2hrs from tally in FL and go to almost all FSU home games and honestly he is terrible. the kid has subpar arm strength and is a horrible decision maker. gailey tried to recruit him at GA TECH and that is why he likes him so much. we are better off giving fitzpatrick an extension over drafting his clone.

PromoTheRobot
04-22-2011, 02:49 PM
either the bills are incredibly deceptive and can engage in grade A mind ****ery or they just can't get out of their own way.

Why would Andre reed know who the #34 pick will be now?

PTR

madness
04-22-2011, 02:57 PM

http://unrealitymag.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/get_him_to_the_greek_01-535x355.jpg