PDA

View Full Version : Bust and Surprise of this Upcoming Draft

tampabay25690
04-21-2011, 05:19 PM
Well 1 week away and I can't wait.....

Most likely we see Cam Newton going to Carolina then who knows from there........

I want to hear everyones possible BUST from the 1st round and you CANNOT USE QB'S..........Give me 2 players

Also who is your possible 1st round (BREAKOUT) that will be an impact player in the NFL next year.........Can give 2 players

I will go 1st........

BUST----NATE SOLDER I think he is a late 2nd round player at best, worst mechanics as a OT I have seen in a while......
BUST----PRINCE AMAKUMARA, I have been watching this guy quite a bit lately and I think Jimmy Smith from Colorado is a better player and possibly a top 10 pick if he didn't have drama.........

BREAKOUT---Von Miller, I think he will have dbl digit sacks his 1st year.....
BREAKOUT---NICK FAIRLEY, I think he will prove the critics wrong about his work ethic......He was unstoppable last year.......

gonzo1105
04-21-2011, 06:17 PM
Bust...patrick peterson has antrel rolle convert to safety written all over him......stud will be julio jones

Prov401
04-21-2011, 06:32 PM
Bust...patrick peterson has antrel rolle convert to safety written all over him......stud will be julio jones
Lol

Raptor
04-21-2011, 06:37 PM
Bust
-Nick Fairley; Im most confident about him being a bust
-T.Smith, USC

Surprise
-Aldon Smith
-R.Quinn

SquishDaFish
04-21-2011, 06:41 PM
Bust:
Prince Amakumara

Boom:
Bowers and Fairley

TacklingDummy
04-21-2011, 06:59 PM
Busts: Dareus, Gabbert, Newton,Ingram, Peterson, Jordan

Surprise: Carimi, Castonzo, Bailey,DeMarco Murray

Extremebillsfan247
04-21-2011, 07:25 PM
Well 1 week away and I can't wait.....

Most likely we see Cam Newton going to Carolina then who knows from there........

I want to hear everyones possible BUST from the 1st round and you CANNOT USE QB'S..........Give me 2 players

Also who is your possible 1st round (BREAKOUT) that will be an impact player in the NFL next year.........Can give 2 players

I will go 1st........

BUST----NATE SOLDER I think he is a late 2nd round player at best, worst mechanics as a OT I have seen in a while......
BUST----PRINCE AMAKUMARA, I have been watching this guy quite a bit lately and I think Jimmy Smith from Colorado is a better player and possibly a top 10 pick if he didn't have drama.........

BREAKOUT---Von Miller, I think he will have dbl digit sacks his 1st year.....
BREAKOUT---NICK FAIRLEY, I think he will prove the critics wrong about his work ethic......He was unstoppable last year.......
I'm going to go way off the cusp, get gutsy here, and say Bust- Marcell Dareus, great DT with tons of upside, but is coming out as a JR with a lot to learn going to a team in either Carolina, or Denver with fresh questionable coaching staffs that will take a while to build a chemistry. Who ever he goes to between these 2 teams may end up having to put more on his plate than he can handle. It has potential to burn him out early.
Breakout- Mark Ingram who is likely to get drafted by an already well developed team geared for a playoff run with a solid Oline. JMO

BuffaloBlitz83
04-21-2011, 07:37 PM
BUST----Marcel Dareus DT
BUST----Da’Quan Bowers DE
BUST---MARK INGRAM RB

BREAKOUT---Patrick Peterson CB
BREAKOUT---Nick Fairley DT
BREAKOUT---AJ GREEN

gonzo1105
04-21-2011, 07:55 PM
Lol
What's funny? A 220 pound corner who is tall but a big hitter sounds a lot like antrel rolle coming out of college and rolle stunk at corner in arizona before movin to safety. Its not impossible to think he can end up being the same type of player. Jones just reminds me big time of anquan boldin

Ginger Vitis
04-21-2011, 08:05 PM
Bust.. Nick Fairley

Surprise..Ryan Kerrigan

THRILLHO
04-21-2011, 08:19 PM
Bust (Will fill in when Buffalo selects its player)

psubills62
04-21-2011, 08:19 PM
Busts: Paea and Solder

Surprises: Muhammad Wilkerson and Greg Romeus

djjimkelly
04-21-2011, 08:20 PM
bust robert quinn missing a year of football certainly wont help this guy

bust nick fairley i know he had a great year but it was one year i dont like one year wonders and i dont know why but i look at his body and he looks like hes gonna get manhandled in the nfl

boom julio jones this guy is a specimen and seems to be truly dedicated watch out this could be the next TO without the attitude

boom leonard hankerson this guy had no qbs to throw him the ball and he dominated hes gonna be a stud

sort of weird i picked 2 wrs as the booms but i think this is a very studly wr crop in this years draft

Buffalo Thriller
04-21-2011, 08:20 PM
Bust: Robert Quinn, DaQuan Bowers

Suprise: JJ Watt

scartown
04-21-2011, 08:24 PM
Bust Adrian Clayborn
Surprise Allen Bradford

Johnny Bugmenot
04-21-2011, 08:29 PM
Busts: Blaine Gabbert (for good measure), Da'Quan Bowers, and Von Miller

Surprises: A little too early for me to say. I don't have a good feeling about this draft class.

YardRat
04-21-2011, 08:39 PM
BUST - Mark Ingram.

BREAKOUT - Cameron Heyward.

patmoran2006
04-21-2011, 08:47 PM
BUST: Anyone the Bills draft, and also Da'Quan Bowers

BREAKOUT (Steal) Cameron Jordan

Thurmal
04-21-2011, 09:48 PM
Bust (Will fill in when Buffalo selects its player)

It's fitting that the guy with the best username comes up with the post of the offseason. Bravo.

If Buffalo takes one of the 19 decent QBs in this draft, nobody here would be shocked if he turned out to be the only one not to make a Pro Bowl.

FlyingDutchman
04-21-2011, 11:00 PM
gotta say im surprised with the amount of people saying Dareus...he was defensive player of the year last year, defensive mvp of the national championship, and had a hell of a year this year...

Busts: Mark Ingram, Daquan Bowers

Boom: Von Miller, Jake Locker

DraftBoy
04-21-2011, 11:22 PM
Bust- NT Phil Taylor

Boom-CB Jimmy Smith

evol4276
04-22-2011, 02:18 AM
i'm going to go out on a limb here (not really) and pick:

bust: Newton. I don't see him as an early first round qb. he might not bust, but I don't think he's going to live up to his top 5 potential

boom: Fairley. His handwork, his aggressiveness, and his relentlessness is going to surprise whoever takes him.

yes I cheated and picked two Auburn guys, but that is really how I feel

alohabillsfan
04-22-2011, 05:28 AM
Bust = Gabbert, Bowers,

Boom = Fairley, Dareus, Quinn, Mallett

tampabay25690
04-22-2011, 07:08 AM
Lol

I was saying the same thing...

tampabay25690
04-22-2011, 07:08 AM
Bust:
Prince Amakumara

Boom:
Bowers and Fairley

We are definitley on the same page

tampabay25690
04-22-2011, 07:14 AM
Bust- NT Phil Taylor

Boom-CB Jimmy Smith

I like Jimmy Smith alot...
A top 10 guy IMO....

tampabay25690
04-22-2011, 07:15 AM
i'm going to go out on a limb here (not really) and pick:

bust: Newton. I don't see him as an early first round qb. he might not bust, but I don't think he's going to live up to his top 5 potential

boom: Fairley. His handwork, his aggressiveness, and his relentlessness is going to surprise whoever takes him.

yes I cheated and picked two Auburn guys, but that is really how I feel

Read the lines....
NO QB'S for bust...

Commissioner
04-22-2011, 08:08 AM
Bust = Von Miller. Won't be able to rely on speed alone to get sacks in NFL.

Breakout = Gabbert if he doesn't go to a team like the Bengals. Has the football IQ to learn an NFL offense and start immediately.

alohabillsfan
04-22-2011, 08:18 AM
Bust = Von Miller. Won't be able to rely on speed alone to get sacks in NFL.

Breakout = Gabbert if he doesn't go to a team like the Bengals. Has the football IQ to learn an NFL offense and start immediately.

What does that mean? He cant go to the Bengals but its ok to go to the Bills? Do you have to be a super genius to be the Bengals QB? Please elaborate...

BuffaloBlitz83
04-22-2011, 08:31 AM
What does that mean? He cant go to the Bengals but its ok to go to the Bills? Do you have to be a super genius to be the Bengals QB? Please elaborate...

He means working with TO and Chad could hurt a young QB. Getting screamed at to force passes

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-22-2011, 08:37 AM
BUSTS: Cam Newton, Blaine Gabbert, Robert Quinn

Surprise: Tyron Smith, Greg Little, Stephen Schilling (no list is complete without a Wolverine), how about Ben Chappel, QB, Indiana (always liked him), and Mitch Mustain (can he do what Cassell did).

BuffaloBlitz83
04-22-2011, 08:42 AM
The rules said no QB's!

psubills62
04-22-2011, 08:49 AM
He means working with TO and Chad could hurt a young QB. Getting screamed at to force passes
I seriously doubt he'll be working with either.

stuckincincy
04-22-2011, 09:01 AM

I perfectly understand what he said.

For years, CIN under their idiot OC Bratkowski were utterly predictable. It was a standing joke here.

There's a large camp that feels that Brown and the folks he hired took a very talented QB and made him average. He got beat up (he's damaged goods now), and no need to elaborate on Brown's refusal to entertain a trade (when it's possible).

Palmer saved his $ (he claims he has $80M socked away), sold his house, and vowed never to play for CIN. I don't blame him, and wish him well in his retirement.

The B'gal's qb spot is suited for an idiot, not a genius.

Commissioner
04-22-2011, 09:25 AM
Well even Boomer Esiason said he thinks Gabbert will go the Bengals... and he said he feels bad for him... cause there's no "support" there.

Carson Palmer even wants out... that should tell you enough.

The organization is run by their owner who made himself GM and only employed 1 scout the last time i heard. Then he pays his family members to hold other titles.

Marvin Lewis demanded the facilities upgraded or he was leaving.... the Bengals are known for having some of the poorest training facilities due to their cheap owner.

evol4276
04-22-2011, 04:55 PM
Read the lines....
NO QB'S for bust...
apologies! ok then i respond with Paea, definately

CleveSteve
04-23-2011, 01:50 AM
First, OP, I like your Solder Pick...

Busts
Dontay Moch (OLB Nevada) - easily the most overhyped player in the draft. I watched 5 and a half games of his this season after hearing the whispers about his speed last summer and I can tell you with full confidence that while he is a terrific athelete, this guy is not a football player. I could go on and on about how terrible he is, but I'm tired of talking about him and will just leave it at I can't believe he is being talked about as a 2nd-day pick.
Adrian Clayborn (DE Iowa) - He's just really not that good.

Boom
Vincent Brown (WR SDSU) - Vice-like, large hands, good routes, and terrific production against the best opponents he was able to face (In consecutive weeks against Utah and TCU, he topped 350 yards receiving with 5 TDs.) People say he doesn't have the speed to be a downfield threat, but the guy averaged 19.9 yards per reception this year. Some team, hopefully a WCO team, is going to get a steal in the 3rd or 4th round with this guy.
James Carpenter (OT Alabama) - I really don't see the talent gap between him and the guys set to go in the first round. He has the ability to man either side and led a dominant rushing attack against the best defenses in college football in the SEC. Without Carpenter blocking on the line and Julio Jones blocking downfield, there's no way Ingram is being talked about as a first-rounder.

Bonus Boom:

Byron Maxwell (CB Clemson) - First got turned onto him in the Texas v. the Nation game. He showed great recovery speed and ball skills breaking up a pass perfectly, then on the next play, shed the WR block and tackled the RB for a loss on a pitch right. Check him out on youtube, he's a Sheldon-Brown's-Glory-Days style hitter. He's big (like 6'2"), fast (mid 4.4s), can locate the ball and likes to deliver the boom. I think with McDaniel and Gilchrist coming out of the same defensive backfield, he's not getting the valuation that he should be. He might not even get drafted.

Double Bonus Boom:
Kenrick Ellis (NT Hampton) - He's a monster. He will be a dominant NT in the league, and he will probably get taken in the third. I think he's a top 50 talent in the draft. He's over 340# and he can get to the passer. He's got good quickness for his size, and at a position with a high bust rate, I think he'll be a steal.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-23-2011, 07:47 AM
The rules said no QB's!

Guess I should read more and assume less