PDA

View Full Version : Ruff to Philly : Quit Whining About the Officiating

SkateZilla
04-22-2011, 09:15 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2011/news/story?id=6403558

PHILADELPHIA -- Call 'em the Broad Street Whiners.

At least, that's what Buffalo Sabres coach Lindy Ruff would label the Philadelphia Flyers after their bitter complaints about the officiating following Game 4's 1-0 loss.

Flyers captain Mike Richards, hit with a five-minute major for elbowing Patrick Kaleta late in the second period, was the harshest critic after the loss that evened the first-round playoff series at 2-2.

Richards triggered Ruff's rebuttal when he said the Sabres are "allowed to get away with murder out there."

That was enough for Ruff.

He fired back at the Flyers on Thursday. He's tired of complaints about the officials.

"They're really doing a lot of whining. I didn't hear any whining when they had 10 power plays in Philly and I didn't hear any whining when the power plays in the first game were lopsided," Ruff said. "But all of a sudden, there's all this whining about, we're getting away with murder?"

Ruff said if the Flyers want to cry and complain about the officiating in this series, go ahead.

OpIv37
04-22-2011, 09:19 AM
well, that's going up on the bulletin board in the Flyers locker room.

PTI
04-22-2011, 09:20 AM
Yep. I watched the Philly feed of the game yesterday afternoon and they were all whining there too.

rbochan
04-22-2011, 09:53 AM
Broad Street Babies.

SkateZilla
04-22-2011, 09:59 AM
Broad Street B.i.t.c.h.e.s.....

Beebe's Kid
04-22-2011, 10:15 AM

I am sure it is, but don't forget the "how's your father" that Timonen gave Gerbe. The Sabres have their own fodder to get fired up with. Not to mention they've got some killer ****ing facial hair.

Tonight is going to be great.

I happen to know a bunch of Penguin-****ers, and they are talking about how they can't wait to play Philly. I would love to ruin their Playoffs.

trapezeus
04-22-2011, 11:05 AM

As is the elbow to kaleta and the nads shot to gerbe. I think the sabres have a lot more fire in them for the actual injustices versus the perceived injustices.

If you read the philly newspaper after the wednesday game, they actually claimed that gerbe speared timonen. It couldn't have been more clear that timonen whacked gerbe in the nads INTENTIONALLY when they showed the replay.

I think the flyers let the sabres get into their heads. they are talking about how the sabres are taking cheapshots. and maybe i'm a homer, but i really haven't seen anything that the sabres have done other than the miller glove to casillo's face, and weber working over hartnell in game 3. The sabres haven't put up their elbows, and the penalties they've committed, they've been called for.

Flyers are a sad team. they've done enough to sweep the series, yet they find themselves going back to philly without a lot of answers.

At the same time, the sabres have to play a lot better tonight if they want to win without having to solely rely on goaltending. They are due. I wish i wasn't on a plane for the duration of this game.

PTI
04-22-2011, 11:10 AM
Trap, they have done enough? They can't score on the PP!!!

trapezeus
04-22-2011, 11:18 AM
i know, even without the powerplay working for them, they could have very easily won game 1 and game 4.

and likewise, as offensively quiet the sabres have been, they've not been blown out on the scoreboard. giving 10 PP to the opposition and only letting in one goal?

All i'm saying is that the flyers are dominating 5-5 play for the most part adn they aren't scoring. Based on game 3, they could have easily throttled us, yet they didn't. i don't know what more they could do at this point.

I just hope tonight the refs don't continue to be pro-hometeam like they've been all playoffs for all series.

G Wolly
04-22-2011, 11:47 AM
Broad Street B.i.t.c.h.e.s.....

*****es.

Just say it.

SkateZilla
04-22-2011, 12:06 PM
*****es.

Just say it.

I wasnt sure if the filter would have #### 'd it,

and TBH they arent even worth that title yet...

G Wolly
04-22-2011, 12:11 PM
I wasnt sure if the filter would have #### 'd it,

and TBH they arent even worth that title yet...

whatever, *****.

trapezeus
04-22-2011, 12:15 PM
when their career's are over, a handful of flyers are making a great case to go into politics. Regardless of fact, they'll just keep spouting the same thing over and over again.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-22-2011, 12:17 PM
Call 'em the Broad Street Whiners.

At least, that's what Buffalo Sabres coach Lindy Ruff would label the Philadelphia Flyers after their bitter complaints about the officiating following Game 4's 1-0 loss.

I love reporters, they take what Lindy says and put their own spin on it. "At least that is what Lindy Ruff would label.." What a hack.

trapezeus
04-22-2011, 12:37 PM
for some reason, i feel like our team isn't phased by this and is kind of pleased that this is what the flyers are harping on.

SkateZilla
04-22-2011, 01:19 PM
pointing the finger at everything except the real problem..... we do it too....

OpIv37
04-22-2011, 01:44 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/WL1lfSzgcAw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>