PDA

View Full Version : Todd Mcshays safest pick

FlyingDutchman
04-22-2011, 11:54 AM
Kiper and Mcshay were just on ESPN giving their thoughts on the safest picks as well as bust potential...Todd Mcshays safest pick was...Von Miller to the Buffalo Bills...he talked about how Miller led the country in sacks last year with 17, and how he "hobbled" through the beginning of the season this year and still had 11 sacks in 9 games. He said he has elite speed off the edge and will make an impact right away and will be the hit we need after missing on Maybin. Its a must have being in a division with Brady and Sanchez. Both Kiper and Mcshay have him coming to Buffalo....its about time you Gabbert and Newton humpers start warming up to the idea

PTI
04-22-2011, 12:00 PM
Why do you have to be a humper if you want them to be drafted?

Extremebillsfan247
04-22-2011, 12:07 PM
Kiper and Mcshay were just on ESPN giving their thoughts on the safest picks as well as bust potential...Todd Mcshays safest pick was...Von Miller to the Buffalo Bills...he talked about how Miller led the country in sacks last year with 17, and how he "hobbled" through the beginning of the season this year and still had 11 sacks in 9 games. He said he has elite speed off the edge and will make an impact right away and will be the hit we need after missing on Maybin. Its a must have being in a division with Brady and Sanchez. Both Kiper and Mcshay have him coming to Buffalo....its about time you Gabbert and Newton humpers start warming up to the idea
I'm all for the Bills taking Miller at 3 and even have him penciled in at 3 in my mock draft. However, lol if Carolina takes Dareus, that Miller to Buffalo at 3 thing isn't going to happen. He will end up in Denver leaving Buffalo with guess who? Most Bills fans worst fear, Cam Newton at 3. One of the top 3 will be a Bill on draft day between Miller, Dareus, and Newton. The overall consensus is that these are the top 3 picks this year. But, no one knows who will go where yet. We will all know by the night before the draft, and I'm pretty sure of it.

Ebenezer
04-22-2011, 12:51 PM
....its about time you Gabbert and Newton humpers start warming up to the idea

I am going to speak as a mod: There is no need to be antagonistic. Technically, this is a TOS violation. You can make your argument without degrading other posters.

Now, as a poster: I am happy with Miller.

THATHURMANATOR
04-22-2011, 01:10 PM
Well tell the Gabbert and Newton humpers to stop Humping and there wouldn't be a problem.

FlyingDutchman
04-22-2011, 01:23 PM
I am going to speak as a mod: There is no need to be antagonistic. Technically, this is a TOS violation. You can make your argument without degrading other posters.

Now, as a poster: I am happy with Miller.

Im just being a wise ass relax, sorry if I offended anyone

ddaryl
04-22-2011, 01:32 PM
If newton is there at #3 the Bills will take him over Miller. I doubt Dareus slips past Denver.

but other then that I agree... Miller is probably the pick

trapezeus
04-22-2011, 01:35 PM
i think we should get Von Miller a sabres Ryan Miller Jersey for when he comes up to the podium.

BertSquirtgum
04-22-2011, 01:58 PM
i'm ok with hearing the name miller if dareus is gone.

Saratoga Slim
04-22-2011, 02:03 PM
i think we should get Von Miller a sabres Ryan Miller Jersey for when he comes up to the podium.

'Miller' has the same number of letters as 'Maybin.' Maybe we can save some cash by recycling jerseys.

Joking aside, Miller had two years of mega production. He's as fast as a lot of wide receivers, and if he's 250 now as those reports from last week claim, then I'm a little less concerned about his size.

Still don't think he'll ever be a monster against the run, but hey, there's going to be some good DE and MLB talent left at #34.

PromoTheRobot
04-22-2011, 02:20 PM
I wouldn't trust Todd McShay to find his ass with both hands.

PTR

justasportsfan
04-22-2011, 02:45 PM
Although he's not an ILB , I remember seeing a huge difference between Mayo and Poz when we played the Pats. One was making plays the other was meh. we need playmakers instead of meh players. I still hope we end up drafting Dareus but wouldn'tt cringe if we take Miller.

baalworship
04-22-2011, 03:46 PM
McShay was in love with Aaron Maybin and compared him to Jason Taylor.

nolimit
04-22-2011, 03:49 PM
I wouldn't trust Todd McShay to find his ass with both hands.

PTR

:spit:

better days
04-22-2011, 10:04 PM
Although he's not an ILB , I remember seeing a huge difference between Mayo and Poz when we played the Pats. One was making plays the other was meh. we need playmakers instead of meh players. I still hope we end up drafting Dareus but wouldn'tt cringe if we take Miller.

I saw a replay of the Bills/ Ravens game the other day on NFL Network. Watching Poz again in that game, meh was exactly what I was thinking about his play.

If he is not on the team next year, I won't miss him.

CleveSteve
04-23-2011, 01:04 AM
as PTR alluded to... McShay is a hack. He just parrots whatever is being said on websites all over the internet. I never have gleamed any insight from that garbage RSS feed of internet mock drafts. You can see the contempt in Kiper's eyes every time that moron tries to tell him he's wrong. He is easily the worst of all the significant media draft "analysts."

Night Train
04-23-2011, 08:42 AM
its about time you Gabbert and Newton humpers start warming up to the idea

I agree but in reality...

WE HAVE NO IDEA WHO THE BILLS ARE ACTUALLY INTERESTED IN...NONE !

acehole
04-23-2011, 09:03 AM
Why do you have to be a humper if you want them to be drafted?

hahaha Trentards, losermens, Now Gabbart humpers.

TigerJ
04-23-2011, 03:17 PM
The more I hear about Miller, the more I like him. He really doesn't have any holes in his game. If the Bills draft Gabbert, I'll look at the bright side and hope he does well.

YardRat
04-23-2011, 04:14 PM
"Any of you Gabbert and Newton humpers touch my stuff....I'll kill you."

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_JpJsaDXvMyI/SsVYWvNg_BI/AAAAAAAAAG8/KvMBfAsK40c/s400/Lighten+Up+Francis.jpg

Oaf
04-23-2011, 06:53 PM
I'll take Peterson over Von Miller. There's plenty of risk Von Miller (who escapes blocks more than sheds them) won't be able to do the same in the big leagues, I'm surprised McShay said that.

Big board:
1. Dareus (him & Williams? oh man)
2. Peterson (can change dynamics of our defense)
3. Von Miller

DynaPaul
04-24-2011, 09:40 AM
Miller all the way, Newton has Kordell Stewart written all over him.

CleveSteve
04-25-2011, 03:11 PM
Turd McShay just said "First of all, it's a deep class at QB, and at least six should be off the board in the first two rounds, if not more."

This guy has no clue. There may very well be 6 off the board, but it's a lot more to do with teams needs than quality of players.

And he said Kaepernick would be the seventh off the board.

stuckincincy
04-25-2011, 04:02 PM
Turd McShay just said "First of all, it's a deep class at QB, and at least six should be off the board in the first two rounds, if not more."

This guy has no clue. There may very well be 6 off the board, but it's a lot more to do with teams needs than quality of players.

And he said Kaepernick would be the seventh off the board.

With no CBA in effect, there are no trades, no free agents...

Teams that would - in other times - be looking for a young or old qb vet, are SOL.

So he's right in that respect - more qbs drafted early on.

Regarding "quality": The NFL has been crabbing for some time about the collegiate spread offenses. The NCAA likes it because it packs their stands.

Greed vs. Greed...

mysticsoto
04-26-2011, 11:16 AM
Well I agree that Miller is a safer pick, but I'm starting to agree with Sal in that we'll likely take a QB. Merriman is expected to contribute and clearly, they've kept and expect Maybin to turn it up this year as his last chance. As such, they will be starting them alongside Poz, Kelsay, Moats and Ayodele all in the mix...and therefore feeling LB is less of a need. DE would be preferable for me, but sadly, Dareus likely won't be there, and so, for such a high pick, the FO will likely choose to spend it on a QB (for the amt of money they have to pay).

I'm not saying I agree with this, but Sal's rationalization is...unfortunatley, likely on target.

better days
04-26-2011, 11:21 AM
With no CBA in effect, there are no trades, no free agents...

Teams that would - in other times - be looking for a young or old qb vet, are SOL.

So he's right in that respect - more qbs drafted early on.

Regarding "quality": The NFL has been crabbing for some time about the collegiate spread offenses. The NCAA likes it because it packs their stands.

Greed vs. Greed...

Before football is played, there will be free agency with maybe many more players available as free agents if there is no longer a franchise tag.

stuckincincy
04-26-2011, 11:39 AM
Before football is played, there will be free agency with maybe many more players available as free agents if there is no longer a franchise tag.

Could be - but there is no ability to make a trade before the rapidly coming draft.

By example - if the Bills contemplate purchasing Kolb; they have to hope they can proffer the winning bid. But as it stands today, they have to roll the dice and decide whether or not to draft one of these available qbs.

I expect the outcome will be something akin to MLB - no cap. So several teams (CIN, BUF are probably in that number) will be similar to the Pgh Pirates - dump salary, live comfortably off the tv contract and the trinket sales. The Pirates haven't had a season over .500 going on 20 years now.