PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Luck

Sportsuser101
04-22-2011, 02:15 PM
You have to remember that chances are he will be coming out next year. If the Bills are as bad as they were last year in the beginning they could have a shot at Luck. You have to think that is in the back of the Bills mind as well. Also Matt Barkley will probably come out and he could be there too. Jones from Oklahoma could be a possibility as well. The QBs are alot better next year then this year.

This what I think Buffalo would do if available:

1 Von Miller
2 Derek Sherrod
3 Martez Wilson

Mr. Miyagi
04-22-2011, 02:18 PM
Winning!

TacklingDummy
04-22-2011, 02:30 PM
There will also be this years version of Newton, Gabbert, Locker, Mallet, and Ponder in next years draft.

Build the D this year.

kingJofNYC
04-22-2011, 02:40 PM
Yeah, I'm with you guys on going with D, need a TE & OT as well, but I just don't see it. Fitz is the only QB on the roster, they're going to take one. Hopefully it's later but I'm not getting my hopes up, pretty sure they'll take one early.

It's such a good front 7 draft, which is one of our weaknesses, so in a perfect world they'd just stock up on D.

tampabay25690
04-22-2011, 04:26 PM
OMG lets not think of next years draft yet.....................

I hope we DRAFT in the 30's next year

Dr. Who
04-22-2011, 04:29 PM
So, build the D because we want immediate impact. Besides, that immediate impact will result in a team that is probably the worst in the league so Luck is a possibility. Really?

Extremebillsfan247
04-22-2011, 04:57 PM
You have to remember that chances are he will be coming out next year. If the Bills are as bad as they were last year in the beginning they could have a shot at Luck. You have to think that is in the back of the Bills mind as well. Also Matt Barkley will probably come out and he could be there too. Jones from Oklahoma could be a possibility as well. The QBs are alot better next year then this year.

1 Von Miller
2 Derek Sherrod
3 Martez Wilson
I would start paying attention to the second tier talent at QB for next years draft. If we don't take a QB this year, those are the likely targets next year. JMO

YardRat
04-22-2011, 05:02 PM
Andrew Luck could end up being next year's Jake Locker.

Extremebillsfan247
04-22-2011, 05:07 PM
Andrew Luck could end up being next year's Jake Locker. It is possible. Luck doesn't have Harbaugh to lean on anymore. It will be interesting to see how that change effects his game.

Extremebillsfan247
04-22-2011, 05:18 PM
In any event, I'm willing to bet San Fransisco finishes with one of the leagues worst records in 2011. It wouldn't surprise me at all. Harbaugh would get away with it too because of the lockout.

ddaryl
04-22-2011, 05:20 PM
If the Bills want to draft Luck their going to have to trade up to do so (Assuming the wheels don't come off).

WE WILL be a better team in 2011 if there is one. how much better I have no idea.

Bangarang
04-22-2011, 05:51 PM
Just some food for thought for all those people saying we need to draft all defense.

In 2005, the Bills were ranked 5th in the league in total defense and still finished with a 5-11 record. Also, in 2007, the Bills were ranked 2nd in the league in total defense and still only managed a 7-9 record. Having a good defense does not automatically equal success. So for those saying we shouldn't draft a QB because we need to fix the defense, please keep in mind that in today's current league, having a great defense will only get you so far. In our case, having a good defense in those 2 years only got us a combined 12-20 record.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
04-22-2011, 06:18 PM
yep thats my motto too: put off till tomorrow what you SHOULD do today.

lets keep waiting for something better to come along and never get anything

DRAFT A DAMN QB NOW

YardRat
04-22-2011, 07:27 PM
Just some food for thought for all those people saying we need to draft all defense.

In 2005, the Bills were ranked 5th in the league in total defense and still finished with a 5-11 record. Also, in 2007, the Bills were ranked 2nd in the league in total defense and still only managed a 7-9 record. Having a good defense does not automatically equal success. So for those saying we shouldn't draft a QB because we need to fix the defense, please keep in mind that in today's current league, having a great defense will only get you so far. In our case, having a good defense in those 2 years only got us a combined 12-20 record.

Dude...I think you're mistaken with your facts...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/totalPointsPerGame/position/defense/year/2007

18th in points allowed, 31st in yards in 2007.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/totalPointsPerGame/position/defense/year/2005

24th in points allowed, 29th in yards in 2005.

31st and 25th against the rush.

That's why they were 12-20.

Bangarang
04-22-2011, 08:10 PM
Dude...I think you're mistaken with your facts...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/totalPointsPerGame/position/defense/year/2007

18th in points allowed, 31st in yards in 2007.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/sort/totalPointsPerGame/position/defense/year/2005

24th in points allowed, 29th in yards in 2005.

31st and 25th against the rush.

That's why they were 12-20.

You're right. Brain fart. Not sure what I was looking at.

NOT THE DUDE...
04-22-2011, 08:15 PM
they are at least going to be 7-9 and at best be 10-6. we should draft ponder in the 2nd this year and draft d the rest of the way this year and next. the offense has evans, parrish, easley, johnson, nelson, nelson, jackson, spiller, and fitz, we dont need offense.

YardRat
04-22-2011, 08:15 PM
You're right. Brain fart. Not sure what I was looking at.

It happens to the best of us :beers:

TacklingDummy
04-22-2011, 08:35 PM
No matter what the Bills do during FA/Draft this year, realistically they are going to suck. Why waste a pick on a QB this year when they are going to be in Luck sweepstakes?

psubills62
04-22-2011, 10:30 PM
Opposite. He'll be the Sam Bradford. Despite what McShay says, Locker NEVER would have been considered for the #1 overall pick last year had he come out. All hype, little substance. Luck will be the guy people tear apart this year but will be guaranteed to go #1 overall no matter who is picking.

CleveSteve
04-23-2011, 02:02 AM
The QBs this year are all garbage right now.

If Mallett can get his head out of his ass he can be really good. Ponder seems like he'll be one of those starters that's just enough to get by and will win on a team with a good D and good weapons. Newton and gabbert are pretty much terrible, and the laundry list of nobodies like Stanzi and Dalton and Tolzein etc shouldn't even be drafted as backups.

This is the worst year for QBs since the Brady Quinn/Jamarcus Russell abortion of a QB class. The best that came out of that draft was Kevin freakin' Kolb, and the Eagles are trying to give him away. What does it say when the best QB from a draft is trying to be pushed out by the team that drafted him? Or that Chad Henne is in consideration for best QB?

The Bills shouldn't be thinking "how much better would we be with Newton/Gabbert," they should be asking themselves how much worse. Fix the D. Fix your DEs. Fix your LBs. Fix your OL. Wait until a good QB comes out to draft one.

Blacksheep71
04-23-2011, 05:40 AM

He's more like to be Sam Bradford who missed his junior season as was still No1 overall

Luck simply has the QB intelligence and accuracy that Locker has never displayed as the latter relied too much on athleticism. Beware the 'athletic QB'

Personally I'd like us to take Luck in Round 1 and then Andrew Datko from Florida St in R2, as this guy is a seriously tough SoB at LT

THE END OF ALL DAYS
04-23-2011, 06:18 AM
you guys are nuts if you think we are EVER going to get Luck. it is actually JUST as hard to be the worst team in the nfl as it is to be the BEST team. Only ONE team is the worst and only ONE team is the best and you saw how hard it was for the bills to be the worst... let alone the best.
so getting the #1 pick is monumentally hard to do... the bills, in all their suckiness are even terrible at being the worst

TacklingDummy
04-23-2011, 07:52 AM
The Bills have a better shot at being the worst team in the league more than they do at being a .500 team.

ddaryl
04-23-2011, 08:49 AM
The Bills have a better shot at being the worst team in the league more than they do at being a .500 team.

No way in hell will we be a worse team in 2011 then we were in 2010... I'll bet the farm...

TacklingDummy
04-23-2011, 10:23 AM
No way in hell will we be a worse team in 2011 then we were in 2010... I'll bet the farm...
I didn't know you were a farmer.

SABURZFAN
04-23-2011, 10:33 AM

1 Von Miller
2 Derek Sherrod
3 Martez Wilson

the Bills were only bad in the beginning because what'shisface was in there. Fitz makes the offense go a lot better so Luck and Barkley don't have a shot in a Bills uniform. JMO

Miami_Vice
04-23-2011, 10:51 AM

Not a chance. Luck is on a whole different level.

TacklingDummy
04-23-2011, 11:15 AM
With all this hype Luck could turn out to be the biggest bust ever.

ddaryl
04-23-2011, 12:01 PM
I didn't know you were a farmer.

Oh yeah I got a green thumb....

JPFBillsFan
04-23-2011, 12:13 PM
All it will take for us to land Luck in 2012 will be if week 1 Tamba Hali drills Fitz so hard he's out for the year....then we're looking at a 1-3 win season for sure....