PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible?

Yasgur's Farm
04-22-2011, 02:46 PM
Is it possible for Andrew Luck to declare for the supplemental draft this year? Will there even be a supplemental draft this year?

I have to admit, it sure would raise some interesting possibillities. And the Bills would be 3rd in line with their 2012 1st round... If Panthers go with Newton or Gabbert this draft, they wouldn't dare turn around and grab Luck in the supplemental. That leaves only the Broncos in our way.

But I guess I'm getting way ahead of myself!

PromoTheRobot
04-22-2011, 02:47 PM
Why would Luck do that? Seriously?

PTR

Yasgur's Farm
04-22-2011, 02:49 PM
Maybe he re-thinks his decision... Maybe he sees this will be his chance to avert the rookie pay scale... I dunno.

psubills62
04-22-2011, 02:54 PM
I can guarantee you Denver would take Luck in a heartbeat, and I'm not so sure Carolina would pass on him, even with Newton. Luck is that good.

That being said, it's a non-issue. Luck isn't leaving school this year, probably after next season.

stuckincincy
04-22-2011, 03:10 PM
Is it possible for Andrew Luck to declare for the supplemental draft this year? Will there even be a supplemental draft this year?

I have to admit, it sure would raise some interesting possibillities. And the Bills would be 3rd in line with their 2012 1st round... If Panthers go with Newton or Gabbert this draft, they wouldn't dare turn around and grab Luck in the supplemental. That leaves only the Broncos in our way.

But I guess I'm getting way ahead of myself!

Interesting postulate!

Who knows if there will be such a thing as a supplemental draft.?

Regarding Luck: He may be a very righteous young man with a bright future in his college major. I applaud that. Good for him.

Or his family is one of means - nothing wrong with that, nothing wrong with attaining the American Dream. If that's so - I'm happy for them.

Or he/family figured that the uncertainty was too much to deal with, and will gamble that El Dorado will come later.

YardRat
04-22-2011, 05:06 PM
Carolina isn't taking Newton at #1, so I would think they would hop all over Luck in the supplemental if that were to happen.

THE END OF ALL DAYS
04-22-2011, 06:20 PM
Carolina isn't taking Newton at #1, so I would think they would hop all over Luck in the supplemental if that were to happen.
every indications says newton goes number 1

tcb5033
04-22-2011, 07:34 PM
I'm pretty sure there will be a supplemental draft, but i'm also pretty sure it doesn't operate the same way as the regular draft. there were rumblings about Pryor entering this year's supplemental draft (that were quickly snuffed out), but I think I remember reading something about it being more like a player auction.

CleveSteve
04-23-2011, 02:05 AM
Elway's calling the shots in Denver now. He went to Stanford. I wouldn't be surprised if they have a thing where if Carolina takes a QB, he enters supplemental (if the rules allow for it.) If he's there, Denver takes him, no question.

TBS, I think he's serious about going back for one more year.