PDA

View Full Version : A few things that are different about this team......

Dr. Lecter
04-22-2011, 10:22 PM
1. Last year, they would have folded like a cheap tent once they blew the 3-0 lead. But this team took a step back and slowly got back in the game. The last 5-10 minutes of the second they were the better team and took that play through the OT. Doing it on the road is that more impressive.

2. Different guys are being heroes for this team. Kaleta, Pominville, Miller and now Ennis (who had been invisible in the playoffs) have helped this team win.

3. This team is the more physical team right now. Against Philadelphia. Yes. The Sabres are more physical than the Flyers. They are not being pushed around. In fact, they are being dirtier than Philly too.

4. They are being mentally tougher than the Flyers too. Listen to Philadelphia piss and moan about the refs.

They might not even win this series, but this is a team that is different than previous seasons and I think the future is bright.

hydro
04-22-2011, 10:31 PM
Also Sabres are dominating with blocked shots.

SabreEleven
04-23-2011, 07:08 AM
Flyers have no ***** about the refs today...they missed plenty for the Flyers...Leopold being high sticked, first goal was a hand pass by the Flyers that wasn't called.

SabreEleven
04-23-2011, 07:36 AM
Sabres fans are getting too cocky, I hope the players don't feel the same. These Flyers are too talented to count out.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-23-2011, 07:45 AM
The Sabres have become the hard nosed, jerks to play against team.

Yasgur's Farm
04-23-2011, 08:03 AM
Flyers have no ***** about the refs today...they missed plenty for the Flyers...Leopold being high sticked, first goal was a hand pass by the Flyers that wasn't called.Missed delay of game over the glass call too.

YardRat
04-23-2011, 08:20 AM
Mmmmm, I dunno....I agree with the final statement, but...

1. IMO the play at the end of the second, and into the third, was just as tentative and laid back as the first half of the period.

2. Nice to see Ennis break through finally, but he still has a little bit of Afinigenov-itis. The Pommenville injury is going to hurt the ST's.

3. No. The Sabres are actually a little bit dirtier, but they are getting out-physicalled by Philadelphia still, especially along the boards. They aren't getting pushed around as much as prior years maybe, but let's not over-inflate that and conclude that we are the more physical team because we're not.

4. Yeah, they are showing some mental toughness and maturity, which is a little surprising considering the youth on the team.

The future might be bright, but we're still missing some important pieces to the puzzle and that future isn't going to be this season.

Crisis
04-23-2011, 08:25 AM
Let's halt the jinx threads until the series is over please!

I will say I'm very excited about the future of our d corps....

myers/butler/weber/sekera/grags looks great heading into the future....add in the prospects like mcnabb/pysyk and it's looking very solid. it's easy to forget how young our defensemen actually are. all of the above mentioned are 24 and under

going to have to find a way to address the depth at center, not only is it pathetic at the NHL level now, but even our center depth on our prospects is almost non existant.

trapezeus
04-23-2011, 09:33 AM
The 2010-11 sabres seem to enjoy taking the most difficult path to get from point a and b. They did it to get to the playoffs. I fully expect them to lose on Sunday with a maddeningly lazy effort and when we all fear doom, they'll win game 7.

PromoTheRobot
04-23-2011, 04:27 PM
What amazes me is how this team did an about-face the moment Terry Pegula took over. I mean you wouldn't think that is possible. This team was so boring and unmotivated before. Now they are playing their azzes off. Maybe before they could mail it in and Tom & Larry wouldn't care as long as they made money. But now they are playing an owner who cares and will replace them in a heartbeat. Are they playing for their jobs now?

PTR

Lone Stranger
04-23-2011, 06:22 PM
Not too many people are talking about Gerbe. He has contributed mightily in the physical game.

SkateZilla
04-23-2011, 08:11 PM
They are playing Physical, something the rest of the league is surprised to see

Crisis
04-24-2011, 05:36 PM
this is why we save these threads for when the series are over :mad:

YardRat
04-24-2011, 05:40 PM
Can't keep the puck in the offensive zone, can't get it out of the defensive end.

It's one and done and hope like hell they score when the Sabres have the puck, but drag-it-out and pray Miller can get through the barrage of shots unscathed when Philly has it.

You know the heartburn commercials where your food is fighting you? That's what it's been like watching this team try and control the biscuit.

Dr. Lecter
04-24-2011, 06:19 PM
this is why we save these threads for when the series are over :mad:
Why?

i clearly said win or lose.