PDA

View Full Version : So Pomminville probably out for a while

chernobylwraiths
04-23-2011, 08:25 AM
Does anybody else think it was an incredibly dangerous play by the Flyer guy? From my perspective, he goes out of his way to hit Pomminville after Pomminville sends it up ice. When he sees that JP has moved and that he will miss JP, the Flyer basically leg whips him. Not that he tried to cut him, but I think it is obvious he tried to at least get a piece of him in any way he could.

SabreEleven
04-23-2011, 08:57 AM
It might not be a bad thing for Mancari to be back in the lineup

Dr. Lecter
04-23-2011, 09:02 AM
At the expense of Pominville it is.

He has been pretty good this series and is probably the best all around forward.

SabreEleven
04-23-2011, 09:45 AM

He has been pretty good this series and is probably the best all around forward.

but the Sabres won't use his injury as an excuse like the Flyers are using Pronger's

camelcowboy
04-23-2011, 10:15 AM
His Achilles is ok per Bob McKenzie twitter which is good news.

CuseJetsFan83
04-23-2011, 10:20 AM
there was a report on TSN that was since retracted saying that "hockey central" which i assume is toronto is looking into possible slew footing..... but i doubt anything comes out from it

CuseJetsFan83
04-23-2011, 10:49 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/teams/report/BUF/14982875/roster-report?source=rss_teams_Buffalo_Sabres

RW Jason Pominville suffered a lacerated leg during the first period Friday. He is likely done for the season.

JD
04-23-2011, 11:06 AM
Does anybody else think it was an incredibly dangerous play by the Flyer guy? From my perspective, he goes out of his way to hit Pomminville after Pomminville sends it up ice. When he sees that JP has moved and that he will miss JP, the Flyer basically leg whips him. Not that he tried to cut him, but I think it is obvious he tried to at least get a piece of him in any way he could.

I was thinking the same thing..when you go into for a check, you don't do that unless you're trying to impede the player in some way.

CuseJetsFan83
04-23-2011, 12:08 PM
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/23/jason-pominville-is-out-for-game-6-playoff-future-in-doubt-after-being-cut-by-skate

Pominville has been ruled out of Game 6 (http://twitter.com/#%21/BNHarrington/status/61834218027761664) in Buffalo on Sunday which means Matt Ellis gets the call from the AHL to take his spot in the lineup.

chernobylwraiths
04-23-2011, 12:48 PM
http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/23/jason-pominville-is-out-for-game-6-playoff-future-in-doubt-after-being-cut-by-skate

Matt Ellis and not Mancari?

CuseJetsFan83
04-23-2011, 12:48 PM
Matt Ellis and not Mancari?

*shrug*

Beebe's Kid
04-23-2011, 04:14 PM

Are you allowed to say this? I though he was the reason that this team won't make the Playoffs?

Losing Pominville hurts...JD mentioned Roy and Hecht? I don't see Ellis over Mancari, but I guess that Ellis was decent when he was up.

I thought Philadelphia was cheap the whole game, that hit included. I was proud to not see our guys fold. It is funny to see Gerbe smacking people. He is 5 feet of pure terror.

YardRat
04-23-2011, 04:18 PM
For all of Pomminville's perceived faults, he is an anchor on the ST's and IMO it was pretty evident when he wasn't out there for the rest of the game yesterday.

OpIv37
04-23-2011, 04:24 PM

as much as I hate on the guy, I have to agree with this.

The fact remains that it was 3-0 when he left the game and 3-3 at the end of regulation afterward. I don't think it's a coincidence.

It's not necessarily a bad thing to get guys like Mancari, Gerbe, Ennis and McCormick additional playing time, but I'm not sure any of them are quite at the point to step in for Pommers.

That being said, I think this ends tomorrow. I said before game 5 that the winner will win Game 6 and I stand by that. The Sabres won and I think the momentum is in their favor.

Crisis
04-23-2011, 04:57 PM
as much as I hate on the guy, I have to agree with this.

The fact remains that it was 3-0 when he left the game and 3-3 at the end of regulation afterward. I don't think it's a coincidence.

It's not necessarily a bad thing to get guys like Mancari, Gerbe, Ennis and McCormick additional playing time, but I'm not sure any of them are quite at the point to step in for Pommers.

That being said, I think this ends tomorrow. I said before game 5 that the winner will win Game 6 and I stand by that. The Sabres won and I think the momentum is in their favor.

So it's going seven then...

staying out of the box is going to be even more important with poms out, we can't afford to be on the penalty kill all game with another of our top PKers out.

SabreEleven
04-23-2011, 05:46 PM
Op being Optimistic = death.

OpIv37
04-23-2011, 09:12 PM
Op being Optimistic = death.
So, just to be sure I have this right:

If I'm pessimistic, everyone complains that I complain too much.

If I'm optimistic, everyone complains that it's a jinx.

Tough crowd.

Ebenezer
04-23-2011, 09:19 PM
So, just to be sure I have this right:

If I'm pessimistic, everyone complains that I complain too much.

If I'm optimistic, everyone complains that it's a jinx.

Tough crowd.
dude, I brought you back to ***** and bring them luck - so far it's worked!!

Crisis
04-23-2011, 10:11 PM
you can be optimistic when they're not playing any games op...

can't mess with the winning formula

SkateZilla
04-24-2011, 01:12 AM
Ellis Up, Mancari + Persson down

tampabay25690
04-24-2011, 05:31 AM

I think he has been OK but not the best forward IMO...
I think bringing a bigger body like Mancari in will help the team....
Philli is going to come with some POP SUN early.......
To be honest Kaleta and Niedermayer have been the best forwards...

Jan Reimers
04-24-2011, 06:42 AM
I think the Sabres want to put Ellis at center and move Boyes to Pomminville's wing, rather than putting Mancari out there.

YardRat
04-24-2011, 07:18 AM
I think the Sabres want to put Ellis at center and move Boyes to Pomminville's wing, rather than putting Mancari out there.

Hopefully it will help Boyes, and he can come out of his funk today as Ennis did Friday.

Cleve
04-24-2011, 07:32 AM
If that was dirty hockey that put Pominville out (and I didn't record it, so I can't replay and watch) then the Sabres DEFINITELY need to up the ante, and return the favor and put someone from Philly on the disabled list TODAY. Even better to have it happen in Buffalo in front of the fans.

Buffalo cannot let Philly severely injure one of our players and let them skate, figuratively and literally. It must be answered, on the ice, man to man. I recommend putting Hartnoll or Briere into the boards, head first.

And yeah, Sabres are dominating until Pominville gets injured - don't think it's just a coincidence they had a mini-collapse afterwards. Pominiville sucked, like a lot of Sabres, the first half of the season, but he's been earning his pay lately.

Dr. Lecter
04-24-2011, 08:18 AM
I think he has been OK but not the best forward IMO...
I think bringing a bigger body like Mancari in will help the team....
Philli is going to come with some POP SUN early.......
To be honest Kaleta and Niedermayer have been the best forwards...
Best all around forward.

Neither of those two play on the PP. Neither gets as much PK time as Pominville. Neither have the offensive ability of Pominville.

chernobylwraiths
04-24-2011, 08:31 AM
If that was dirty hockey that put Pominville out (and I didn't record it, so I can't replay and watch) then the Sabres DEFINITELY need to up the ante, and return the favor and put someone from Philly on the disabled list TODAY. Even better to have it happen in Buffalo in front of the fans.

Buffalo cannot let Philly severely injure one of our players and let them skate, figuratively and literally. It must be answered, on the ice, man to man. I recommend putting Hartnoll or Briere into the boards, head first.

And yeah, Sabres are dominating until Pominville gets injured - don't think it's just a coincidence they had a mini-collapse afterwards. Pominiville sucked, like a lot of Sabres, the first half of the season, but he's been earning his pay lately.

I don't think it was dirty, but it certainly was irresponsible. He DID kick his leg behind him like you would do if you tried to hit someone, missed and wanted to get him somehow.

I've seen the hit about 20 times, but I can't find it on youtube. I can't believe I can't find the hit anywhere.

Yasgur's Farm
04-24-2011, 09:00 AM
I think the Sabres want to put Ellis at center and move Boyes to Pomminville's wing, rather than putting Mancari out there.That's a real good point... According to Ruff, Roy and Hecht are just "days" away from returning. Ellis playing center and Boyes at his natural wing will be more of a seamless transition when Roy and/or Hecht hit the ice and replace Ellis.

Yasgur's Farm
04-24-2011, 09:20 AM
For today IMO...

RW-
Boyes
Stafford
Grier
Kaleta

C-
Gaustad
Connolly
McCormick (Hecht when he returns)