PDA

View Full Version : Bills fans who are unaware.. there IS a SabresZone here!

JD
04-23-2011, 11:27 AM
We could use the support from fellow Buffalo fans :10:

Extremebillsfan247
04-23-2011, 11:50 AM
We could use the support from fellow Buffalo fans :10:
Thanks for the notification. Although I have watched the Sabres in the playoffs recently, I just don't follow hockey a lot. Anything I would have to share about the Sabres or hockey in general would come with very little to no knowledge of the game or team. My knowledge base is entrenched in the game of football and I follow it almost religiously year around.

I must admit though, watching the Sabres in the current hockey post season has helped to curb the growing boredom as we sit and wait for the NFL and Players Association to solve their dispute. Once the draft is over, things are sure to get worse as far as finding some other hobby to immerse myself in. I may take a peak in from time to time, but only from an observation point of view. JMO.

ServoBillieves
04-23-2011, 12:11 PM
I actually did not know that...

Billz_fan
04-23-2011, 01:02 PM
Not being a smart ass or anything but perhaps a name change is in order ? Sort of a shared title so as to show up in search engines etc for those looking for Sabres talk ?

Kind of Bills/Sabres Zone or Buffalo Pro Sports Zone or similar. That way folks who were looking specifically for Sabres talk could be directed here via the search engines.

Just a thought.........

PromoTheRobot
04-23-2011, 02:40 PM
Sabreszone.com doesn't seem to work. Is that the correct URL? I'll be glad to check it out. Another Sabres board I frequent tends to be dominated by a dozen or so heavy users and can get rather clique-ish, especially when they lose.

PTR

BillyT92679
04-23-2011, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the notification. Although I have watched the Sabres in the playoffs recently, I just don't follow hockey a lot. Anything I would have to share about the Sabres or hockey in general would come with very little to no knowledge of the game or team. My knowledge base is entrenched in the game of football and I follow it almost religiously year around.

I must admit though, watching the Sabres in the current hockey post season has helped to curb the growing boredom as we sit and wait for the NFL and Players Association to solve their dispute. Once the draft is over, things are sure to get worse as far as finding some other hobby to immerse myself in. I may take a peak in from time to time, but only from an observation point of view. JMO.
same with me... except I love basketball and like baseball and golf and lacrosse too... so hockey just doesn't connect with me, never has

I live here (Cheektowaga now, used to be Grand Island and Amherst) so I am happy for my coworkers and friends who love the Sabres, but they are about as meaningful to me as the Bandits or Bisons, probably less so to be honest.

But good luck to them nonetheless.

I LOVE the Bills however!

JD
04-23-2011, 03:24 PM

Do you live in Buffalo? I'd recommend seeing a game in person.. it may change your view of the sport.

JD
04-23-2011, 03:30 PM
Sabreszone.com doesn't seem to work. Is that the correct URL? I'll be glad to check it out. Another Sabres board I frequent tends to be dominated by a dozen or so heavy users and can get rather clique-ish, especially when they lose.

PTR
Well, there used to be a website up there.. but I guess it's gone.

Our Sabres forum here is basically a sub-category of Billszone so it's not as easy to find.

SabresZone forum:http://billszone.com/fanzone/forumdisplay.php?f=10

It would nice if Billszone was renamed BuffaloZone or something to that effect. Upon going to BuffaloZone.com, maybe have a splash page that says "Enter BILLSZone" and "Enter SABREZONE".. just an idea.

The Sabres definitely have a growing fanbase with their success over the last 6-7 years.. so it would be cool to recognize that.

psubills62
04-23-2011, 10:50 PM
Thanks for the notification. Although I have watched the Sabres in the playoffs recently, I just don't follow hockey a lot. Anything I would have to share about the Sabres or hockey in general would come with very little to no knowledge of the game or team. My knowledge base is entrenched in the game of football and I follow it almost religiously year around. You don't frequent the internet very much, eh? If a lack of knowledge stopped anyone from posting...well, there'd be a lot fewer posts on every message board.

Michael82
04-25-2011, 01:13 AM
You don't frequent the internet very much, eh? If a lack of knowledge stopped anyone from posting...well, there'd be a lot fewer posts on every message board.

:rofl: that's so true!