PDA

View Full Version : First Round Mock, with Trades

YardRat
04-23-2011, 03:30 PM
1. Washington (from Carolina)-Cam Newton QB-Mike Shanahan is the smartest man in any room he's ever been (just ask him) and Dan Snyder just loves shiny new toys. After wrangling up the board with help from Cleveland, the Skins go all-in for the most hyped player in this draft at the most hyped position.

2. Denver-Marcel Dareus, DE/DT- John Fox rekindles fond memories of what a dominant d-lineman can do for you.

3. Arizona (from Buffalo)-Blaine Gabbert QB-The Cards swap spots and pony up an extra third and fifth to leap-frog Cincinnati and snag the guy they think is the best QB in the draft.

4. Cincinnati - AJ Green, WR- Buh-bye, TO and Ocho.

5. Buffalo-Von Miller, OLB-After Dareus goes, the Bills are more than willing to drop down and lose some chart value to still get their #2 guy. Note-Wouldn't be surprised in the least if the team actually passes on Miller here and 'reaches' for Jordan or Watt.

6. Carolina (from Washington via Cleveland)-Nick Fairley DT-Panthers don't want to drop to 10, so Skins had to wrangle to get them in this spot...Even at #1 Carolina would've probably taking Dareus, so raping Snyder and still getting a dominant d-lineman is like double-coupon day at the draft.

7. San Fran-Patrick Peterson CB-Best athlete in the draft won't slide past the 49ers, who need corners and are thrilled to have the LSU product drop.

8. Tennessee-Robert Quinn DE/LB-Titans hoping Quinn can be Freak 2.0. They'll take their chances on a QB in round 2.

9. Dallas-Gabe Carimi OT-Cowboys need o-line help desperately, and size does matter to Jerry Jones.

10. Cleveland (from Washington)-Julio Jones WR-Browns need a target for McCoy, or whichever QB is next in line to disappoint the Dawg Pound.

11. Houston-Prince Amukamara CB

12. Minnesota-Jake Locker QB-SURPRISE!! Minny jumps the gun, dismissing Locker's senior season, and hops on the top pick/can't miss prospect from last year's draft.

13. Detroit - Jimmy Smith CB
14. St Louis - Cameron Jordan DE
15. Miami-Mark Ingram RB (bwa-ha-ha-haaaaa!!)
16. Jacksonville - JJ Watt DE

17. NY Giants (from New England)-Tyron Smith OT-Afraid the Chargers are going to snag their man, the Gints make a deal with devil to move up a couple and get their guy.

18. San Diego - Ryan Kerrigan DE.

19. Kansas City (from NE via NYG)-Phil Taylor DT-Bill's Boy is still on the board, so he risks stocking more picks and moving down a couple spots.

20. Tampa Bay-Adrian Clayborn DE.

21. New England-D'Quan Bowers DE-Patriots get their man plus picks from two move-downs. Injury/schminjury.

22. Indianapolis-Anthoney Costanzo OT
23. Philadelphia-Mike Pouncey OG/C
24. New Orleans-Martez Wilson LB (bastards!)
25. Seattle-Ryan Mallett QB
26. Baltimore-Brandon Harris CB
27. Atlanta-Cameron Heyward DE

28. Cleveland (from NE)-Corey Liuget DT-Patriots move down again and Cleveland moves up with picks from Washington deal so Browns can snag an anchor for their d-line.

29. Chicago-Nate Solder OT.
30. NY Jets- Akeem Ayers OLB.

31. Pittsburgh-Derrick Sherrod OT-Jonathon Scott was their starting LT in the Super Bowl. Ummm, yeah...

32. Green Bay-Aldon Smith DE

Night Train
04-23-2011, 05:22 PM
Like it, only the Bills could get more than a 3rd & 5th. Could get a 4th on top of that. They need to make up 500 points. They could even try for a 2nd, if Arizona overpaid by 30 points.

http://drafttek.com/tradechart.html

CleveSteve
04-23-2011, 05:32 PM
How in the world is Washington moving up that high without a third or fourth round pick this year?

mikemac2001
04-23-2011, 05:55 PM
How in the world is Washington moving up that high without a third or fourth round pick this year?

panthers owner is cheap could want to save upfront cash

but i don't see that happening anyways

Prov401
04-23-2011, 06:10 PM
1. Washington (from Carolina)-Cam Newton QB-Mike Shanahan is the smartest man in any room he's ever been (just ask him) and Dan Snyder just loves shiny new toys. After wrangling up the board with help from Cleveland, the Skins go all-in for the most hyped player in this draft at the most hyped position.

I'm sensing sarcasm with the Shanahan comment of him being the smartest man, and thought I'd chime in.

I remember when some were going nuts over Shanahan being our next HC, and man I'm happy it turned out differently. I think he's the most overrated HC in the NFL today. The guy was lucky to fall into a top 10 QB and a would of been HOF'er in Terrell Davis when he did. Shanahan is a tool who thinks he is superior and smarter than em' all. The guy is an average coach, and will be out of Washington within the next 3 years.

Lone Stranger
04-23-2011, 06:17 PM
This is basically too good to be true. It would be great if it happened.

YardRat
04-23-2011, 07:16 PM
Like it, only the Bills could get more than a 3rd & 5th. Could get a 4th on top of that. They need to make up 500 points. They could even try for a 2nd, if Arizona overpaid by 30 points.

http://drafttek.com/tradechart.html

I know, that's why I made the comment about them being willing to lose some chart value in the trade. Drop a couple slots, pick up a couple of choices, and still get their guy. Drafting Miller @ 5 and adding a 3 and a 5 is better than drafting him at 3.

YardRat
04-23-2011, 07:18 PM

I'm predicting they use many of this year's picks to hop to #6, then additional picks from next year to move from 6 to 1.

YardRat
04-23-2011, 07:19 PM
I'm sensing sarcasm with the Shanahan comment of him being the smartest man, and thought I'd chime in.

I remember when some were going nuts over Shanahan being our next HC, and man I'm happy it turned out differently. I think he's the most overrated HC in the NFL today. The guy was lucky to fall into a top 10 QB and a would of been HOF'er in Terrell Davis when he did. Shanahan is a tool who thinks he is superior and smarter than em' all. The guy is an average coach, and will be out of Washington within the next 3 years.

Thus the comment "Mike Shanahan is the smartest man in any room he's ever been (just ask him)".

psubills62
04-23-2011, 10:24 PM
Wouldn't mind trading down and taking Miller. I'd still prefer Jordan, but I wouldn't be patently unhappy with Miller. If we can trade down, period, I'll be a little happier than if we stayed at 3 (of course, assuming Dareus is gone).

That being said...I don't think either of Carolina or Buffalo will be able to trade down.

TigerJ
04-24-2011, 07:27 PM
I see in your mock that Newton Gabbert, Locker and Mallett all go in the first round. That would guarantee that when Buffalo picks in the second round 2 of 3 QBs among Ponder, Kaepernick and Dalton will still be on the board. This is good from my perspective.