PDA

View Full Version : Our draft/FA philosophy...

ublinkwescore
04-23-2011, 03:47 PM
We have an Offensive minded Coach who has a knack for getting the most out of subpar rosters. We have a crappy Defense that couldn't stop opposing teams from reaching 200 or more on the ground [B]8[B] times last season...

I totally agree with the necessity to go D if possible early and often, but do you guys think if there's a guy they really like on the board on D when our numbers up verses a guy who Chan Gailey sees as a potential key cog for our O - Chan Gailey won't convince the rest of the people in the war room to jump on him?

ublinkwescore
04-23-2011, 03:52 PM
Basically, I'm hoping that Chan does get the pieces together to make our O somewhat prolific. to help our D out a lot. Soooo, that being said, I won't be too terribly upset if we do draft some O as well...

YardRat
04-23-2011, 04:10 PM
Our O could be prolific with a decent TE, another starting caliber OT, and maybe a true #1 WR. I wouldn't touch any of those positions with the #3 pick in the draft...we need help EVERYWHERE on defense.

ublinkwescore
04-23-2011, 04:13 PM
but you get my point... we could have a very kick ass O if we drafted for it - and it could protect our suspect D... who's to say that we don't make some improvements with the personell we've already got... but that being said, yeah, we do need to go D at #3 if Dareus or Miller or Peterson are there.

ublinkwescore
04-23-2011, 04:14 PM
Meaning, yes, we have to go D at #3.

ublinkwescore
04-23-2011, 06:01 PM
what if Dareus fell to us... would anyone here be upset if most of our draft was spent on trying to build a scoreboard igniting O after that? I wouldn't be if we got our Gem at 3.

Joe Fo Sho
04-23-2011, 07:43 PM
what if Dareus fell to us... would anyone here be upset if most of our draft was spent on trying to build a scoreboard igniting O after that? I wouldn't be if we got our Gem at 3.

I would be pissed. I want all defense with this draft, maybe an OT in the later rounds.

ublinkwescore
04-24-2011, 11:26 AM
Ultimately what I really hope for is that they go both equally - our O is still in need of some help as well. What would really help us out is if Ralphy really opens up the check book for Buddy and Chan. But, Buddy and Chan need to really nail this draft. we need to get contributors if possible in nearly every round.

bigbub2352
04-24-2011, 11:39 AM
i think we mite be looking at a RT in round 2 if we go D first.....

ublinkwescore
04-24-2011, 11:45 AM
How about a LT instead and then we can move Bell over to the right side - usually LTs can transition from LT to RT can't they, and they usually make really, REALLY good RTs.