PDA

View Full Version : It's almost like the Carolina series

chernobylwraiths
04-24-2011, 07:08 PM
Nobody thought vanReimsdyk's "check" was cheap which resulted in Pomminville being lost for the series and maybe the playoffs (if we happened to get by Philly). I bet any money Richards gets nothing for his cheap shot on Connolly. Yeah, he isn't dirty at all.

elltrain22
04-24-2011, 07:19 PM
I promise I was gonna make this exact same thread!! If we loose this series, then the 2 series are identical IMO.

don137
04-24-2011, 08:37 PM
The difference I think is we were better than Carolina. I am not so sure we are better than the Flyers. If the Flyers had mediocre goaltending the series would be over already.

Crisis
04-24-2011, 11:52 PM
The difference I think is we were better than Carolina. I am not so sure we are better than the Flyers. If the Flyers had mediocre goaltending the series would be over already.

Exactly this.

Both teams fully healthy I think we lose to Philly more than we win, while I would say the opposite for Carolina

chernobylwraiths
04-25-2011, 05:49 AM
But are we gonna hear about one of our big guys going down to injury the morning of the last game?

don137
04-25-2011, 07:07 AM
But are we gonna hear about one of our big guys going down to injury the morning of the last game?
The Flyers did not have Pronger or Carter for most the series. I don't think injuries favors one team over the other.

SkateZilla
04-25-2011, 11:27 AM
a TEAM is the players that take the spots of injured players as well,

Buffalo depth > Philly depth, blame injuries all you want.

Game 6's Loss was tough to swallow, they sat back when they got the 2-0 lead and let philly attack even more than what they were to begin with.

trapezeus
04-25-2011, 03:03 PM
it's more like the 2001 penguins series where we had the game won with less than 2 mintues to go and we let them win.

but if it's really like carolina, we are going to hear that miller or myers is hurt and can't play for game 7. that would make it more carolina like.