X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • k-oneputt
    • Jun 2009

Draft

-One of the Bills stupid "were smarter then you picks" and taking a player at #3 who should be around #20. {Watt & Jordan}
    -Andy Dalton drafted by the Bills anywhere, especially at #34 or even dumber move trading back into the 1st rd. for him.
    - another of their overdrafted small school guys that should go two or three rounds later then where usually take them.
    -getting real stupid and taking a rb or wr at #3 or #34 for that matter.
    -the 5th rd. pick being the most productive pick in their draft for the 2011 season.

Feel free to ***** or add to the list. Carry on.
  • jdbillsfan
    • Oct 2002

Re: Draft

Funny.

You pretty much nailed it for me. I would extend the no RB/WR into round 3/4 with so many other needs.

Comment

• k-oneputt
      • Jun 2009

Forgot one, Cam Newton at #3. Want no part of him.

Comment

• k-oneputt
        • Jun 2009

Originally posted by jdbillsfan
        Funny.

You pretty much nailed it for me. I would extend the no RB/WR into round 3/4 with so many other needs.
        Personally I wouldn't even draft a wr or rb anywhere in this draft.

Comment

• paranoid
          • Sep 2009

Originally posted by k-oneputt
          Personally I wouldn't even draft a wr or rb anywhere in this draft.
          I understand that, but maybe a late round short yardage FB/RB beast would be helpful.

Comment

• Saratoga Slim
            • Jul 2005

-One of the Bills stupid "were smarter then you picks" and taking a player at #3 who should be around #20. {Watt & Jordan}I agree here, but I don't think it's going to happen. There's a pretty strong consensus about the elite talent as Dareus/Miller/Peterson/Gabbert/Newton/Green. I think the likelihood of the "smarter than you" picks increases once you get past the truly elite guys and into the 10-15 range.
            -Andy Dalton drafted by the Bills anywhere, especially at #34 or even dumber move trading back into the 1st rd. for him. Don't feel strongly about Dalton either, though also do see some glimmers. He's smart and a winner, but not sure about the arm strength or size. I don't see him as anything that Fitzpatrick is not. If we take a QB at 34, the only one I would be somewhat encouraged about would be Ponder.
            - another of their overdrafted small school guys that should go two or three rounds later then where usually take them. I have no problem with small school guys in the 3,4,5,6,7. "Should go" is a relative term based mostly on the big boards of media commentators that have never met the prospect or done more than basic film study. Who knows whether another team had Carrington as high as we did.
            -getting real stupid and taking a rb or wr at #3 or #34 for that matter. I think there's about a 5% chance we take AJ Green as BPA, which I would be somewhat ambivalent about, but otherwise zero percent chance of a RB or WR in the first two rounds.
            -the 5th rd. pick being the most productive pick in their draft for the 2011 season. Agreed. And that's why I'm not 100% against drafting Green if they think he's truly the most likely to make an All-pro type impact and soon. I think receiver is a position of moderate strength of us, but don't really care who we take at #3 so long as he ends the streak of underperforming #1 picks.

Wake up, brush your teeth, and get ready for a day of hating the Dolphins. Or the Pats? How to choose?

Comment

• psubills62
              Legendary Zoner
              • Sep 2008

-One of the Bills stupid "were smarter then you picks" and taking a player at #3 who should be around #20. {Watt & Jordan}
              -Andy Dalton drafted by the Bills anywhere, especially at #34 or even dumber move trading back into the 1st rd. for him.
              - another of their overdrafted small school guys that should go two or three rounds later then where usually take them.
              -the 5th rd. pick being the most productive pick in their draft for the 2011 season.

1. I'm thinking there's 40/60 chance you won't get your wish on this one. I think they'll draft Miller, but I wouldn't be surprised by Jordan. Though I do think they'll make an attempt to trade down if they're aiming for Jordan.
              2. I think you'll get your wish here.
              3. I'm betting they'll draft a small school guy that you'll think is overdrafted.
              4. Won't happen.
              5. I think we all can pray this won't be true.
              "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
              - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• psubills62
                Legendary Zoner
                • Sep 2008

Forgot one, Cam Newton at #3. Want no part of him.
                But he dominated the SEC...he must be amazing, right?

Kidding aside, Newton is going #1 overall, so no need to worry. If he wasn't going #1 overall, I think the Bills would draft him.
                "Misguided political correctness tethers our intellects."
                - Nicholas Cummings

Comment

• ddaryl
                  Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                  • Jan 2005

Not even worried about it with Nix

Comment

• k-oneputt
                    • Jun 2009

Originally posted by psubills62
                    But he dominated the SEC...he must be amazing, right?

Kidding aside, Newton is going #1 overall, so no need to worry. If he wasn't going #1 overall, I think the Bills would draft him.
                    Even though we know that the SEC is the all dominating conference, I question Cam's football smarts, don't think he will adapt/like playing in Buffalo, and really needs a couple of years to sit and learn which I don't think the Bills will do if they draft him, thus big bust potential in Buffalo imo.

Comment

• k-oneputt
                      • Jun 2009

Originally posted by ddaryl
                      Not even worried about it with Nix
                      Why not ?
                      Last years draft wasn't exactly stellar. I am still giving him the benefit of those players developing but Spiller, Troup, and Carrington have to come through this year.

Comment

• patmoran2006
                        Ole' Ralphie SCROOGE
                        • Dec 2005

Man oh man are you ever going to hate my final mock draft.

Join the BSD FB page by CLICKING HERE

Follow us on twitter by CLICKING HERE

Comment

• we are
                          • Oct 2008

i have a feeling you will be disappointed....i cant shake this feeling that its going to be Peterson or Green. Quinn is a dark horse pick that ive also had for a while now

Comment

• DraftBoy
                            Administrator
                            • Jul 2002

What no complaints about us taking Peterson at 3?
                            COMING SOON...
                            Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                            We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• k-oneputt
                              • Jun 2009

Originally posted by we are
                              i have a feeling you will be disappointed....i cant shake this feeling that its going to be Peterson or Green. Quinn is a dark horse pick that ive also had for a while now
                              I like Quinn and he is also the guy I want if Dareus isn't there. Peterson is the real deal but to many other needs in front seven for another cb at #3, I could live with him though. If they pick Green I hand in my tickets.

Comment

Working...
                              X