X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Coach Sal
    • Aug 2006

Coach Sal's 1st Round +2 Mock (1-34)

My 1st Round +2 Mock Draft: My 1st, last, and only mock: http://tinyurl.com/3wqzrfh

Bills explanations at end.
    Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
    And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: Coach Sal's 1st Round +2 Mock (1-34)

Originally posted by Coach Sal
    My 1st Round +2 Mock Draft: My 1st, last, and only mock: http://tinyurl.com/3wqzrfh

Bills explanations at end.
    Love that 1st pick!

I think he's a very real possibility. I think he will be there, and that the Bills could easily convince themselves that, under Gailey's tooling, he can become the face of the franchise.

Some heads will implode around here if it happens... but that may be the case anyways regardless of who we take.

Comment

• EDS
      • Jan 2003

That would be worst case scenario for the Bills.

Comment

• SeatownBillsFan21
        • Mar 2004

I like your second pick.I hope we dont go QB that early.Locker or Mallet in the second would be nice if there still around.

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
          Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER
          • Jan 2010

would be very excited about those 2 picks, i would go von miller and then cameron heyward but thats me, otherwise i would still love a franchise qb and awesome te... as long as we draft defesne the rest of the way i would be happy...

Comment

• NOT THE DUDE...
            Formerly MARCELL DAREUS POWER, now posting as DANNY BATTEN POWER
            • Jan 2010

keep in mind bills fans, every position is a need except rb and wr, literally every spot including qb. so as long as we get a few pro bowlers, than i will be happy regardless of what position. WE ARE IN DESPERATE NEED OF STAR PLAYERS...

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

I would be happy with Gabbert. He's the best QB in this draft, IMO. And he fills a huge hole on the team for the future, a QB for Fitzpatrick to groom for a year or two to take over and lead this team to the promised land. I also love Rudolph, but would be pissed if they don't do anything to fix their pathetic defense in the first two rounds. If they take Gabbert, then they HAVE to take a DL or LB in the second.

Comment

• Lone Stranger
                • Sep 2002

I can't follow your logic. We need defense desparately and you have 2 offensive players up front. I'm not saying they are not good players but they are not where our needs lie.

Comment

• X-Era
                  • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Michael82
                  I would be happy with Gabbert. He's the best QB in this draft, IMO. And he fills a huge hole on the team for the future, a QB for Fitzpatrick to groom for a year or two to take over and lead this team to the promised land. I also love Rudolph, but would be pissed if they don't do anything to fix their pathetic defense in the first two rounds. If they take Gabbert, then they HAVE to take a DL or LB in the second.
                  I think we would be fine Mikey.

I mean at 34, we probably get the pick of the litter at ILB, could still get the 4th or 5th ranked OLB, or would still be able to land a DL that would likely be in round 1 if this draft weren't exceptionally deep at the position.

Martez Wilson, Bruce Carter, Greg Jones, Quan Sturdivant, possibly Cameron Heyward, Phil Taylor, Christian Ballard, Jurell Casey, Stephen Paea... all possibilities at 34.
                  Last edited by X-Era; 04-25-2011, 04:44 PM.

Comment

• WeAreArthurMoates
                    • Feb 2009

I'd love this if it's true. You can Sheppard with the 3rd, then OT and OLBer like Bruce Miller in the fourth.

Comment

• Coach Sal
                      • Aug 2006

Originally posted by fmr60
                      I can't follow your logic. We need defense desparately and you have 2 offensive players up front. I'm not saying they are not good players but they are not where our needs lie.
                      I've never believed the draft is about trying to fill immediate needs just because they're needs. When you do that....you reach.

I understand the #3 pick may be different because it's so high, and I actually LOVE Miller personally and would be thrilled with him, but the draft is about building a team, not filling a problem for a season.

My opinion is they believe Gabbert is a franchise QB. Just my opinion.
                      Click to listen:

Buffalo Bills Now! and NFL Now! podcasts
                      And every Saturday at 11am on WGR

"A good name is more desirable than great riches, and high esteem is better than silver and gold."

Class Character Commitment Consistency Courage

Comment

• Buddo
                        • Mar 2007

If the Bills do take a QB first, I believe they will definitely go D with the second pick.
                        Actually, I'll give them one alternative - an OT, as there may well still be a good one left over from the back of the 1st round.
                        I think they are very serious about trying to solidify our run D, and to do that, we need, at minimum, a good DE, and a thumping ILB. While we might manage to find an ILB in the 4th round, we aren't going to find the requisite quality of DE in the 3rd onwards - even in a 'deep' class.
                        I'd also say, that it would be highly questionable, that TE would actually be the BPA on the Bills board, at the #34. If the QBs start going early, which with Newton and Gabbert taken, they may well do, that will almost certainly mean that a good DE, and OT, will probably be available at the #34, and I rather suspect that the need for both positions will outweigh the desire for a TE.

Comment

• Michael82
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Coach Sal
                          My opinion is they believe Gabbert is a franchise QB. Just my opinion.
                          As a coach, do you?

Comment

• X-Era
                            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Michael82
                            As a coach, do you?
                            IMO, I do. I see similarities to Brees and Matt Ryan. We all know it's a crap shoot. But I think the people who want the sure-fire franchise guy like Luck are kidding themselves if they think we will ever do what it takes to get him. Or even that we will ever be the worst team in the league as far as record goes. That means your stuck with guys that aren't as sure-fire. And in that situation, I like everything Gabbert brings to the table. Smart, athletic, big, accurate, mobile, quick release, strong arm, great work ethic... He needs to develop and will have that opportunity with us.
                            Last edited by X-Era; 04-25-2011, 05:39 PM.

Comment

• Michael82
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by X-Era
                              IMO, I do. I see similarities to Brees and Matt Ryan. We all know it's a crap shoot. But I think the people who want the sure-fire franchise guy like Luck are kidding themselves if they think we will ever do what it takes to get him. Or even that we will ever be the worst team in the league as far as record goes. That means your stuck with guys that aren't as sure-fire. And in that situation, I like everything Gabbert brings to the table. Smart, athletic, big, accurate, mobile, quick release, strong arm, great work ethic... He needs to develop and will have that opportunity with us.
                              He just needs to cut his hair.

Comment

Working...
                              X