• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Thurmal
    • Oct 2005

This should be the board if the team isn't completely incompetent

1. Dareus.
    2. Miller.
    3. If both are gone, make an incredibly uneven trade in the Bills' favor with a team willing to give up the farm for Newton or Gabbert.
    "Miami played pretty damn good today and still got their ass kicked."
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Re: This should be the board if the team isn't completely incompetent

Originally posted by Thurmal
    1. Dareus.
    2. Miller.
    3. If both are gone, make an incredibly uneven trade in the Bills' favor with a team willing to give up the farm for Newton or Gabbert.
    My list consists of 3 names for our pick at 3. Miller, Dareus, and Gabbert. Would I have a problem with Newton, Peterson, or Green? No. But I like those 3 names the best for us.
    Last edited by X-Era; 04-25-2011, 07:59 PM.

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

1. Dareus.
      2. Miller.
      If you were another GM would you make an incredible uneven trade in the Bills favor to get a QB and pay them multimillions of dollars to potentially bust out? I wouldn't either.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• ServoBillieves
        The Voice of Reason
        • Jul 2007

1. Dareus
        2. Miller
        3. Peterson
        4. Trade

... Wait...
        Bye Bye Brady...

Comment

• Thurmal
          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Ebenezer
          If you were another GM would you make an incredible uneven trade in the Bills favor to get a QB and pay them multimillions of dollars to potentially bust out? I wouldn't either.
          It happens all the time. Teams are willing to make a seemingly uneven trade to get a player that they really covet. Buffalo has all the leverage in that scenario.

Comment

• Ebenezer
            Give me a minute...
            • Jul 2002

It happens all the time. Teams are willing to make a seemingly uneven trade to get a player that they really covet. Buffalo has all the leverage in that scenario.
            Please show me the last time a team made an "incredibly uneven trade".

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Johnny Bugmenot
              Will not tolerate vandalism.
              • Apr 2006

Now, of course, we're talking only draft picks here, but it happens.

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Johnny Bugmenot
                http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herschel_Walker_trade

Now, of course, we're talking only draft picks here, but it happens.
                Thanks, that was point...22 years...I guess it could happen a second time...

Comment

• Thurmal
                  • Oct 2005

Think of how much Buffalo and Cleveland gave up to get back into the 1st Round (in the 20's, which is obviously much less valuable than a top-3 pick) to get Losman and Quinn, respectively.

Comment

• CleveSteve
                    • Apr 2011

Think of how much Buffalo and Cleveland gave up to get back into the 1st Round (in the 20's, which is obviously much less valuable than a top-3 pick) to get Losman and Quinn, respectively.
                    Do I have to?

Comment

• Extremebillsfan247
                      • Sep 2008

1. Dareus.
                      2. Miller.
                      There is only one small issue with that. Although 1 and 2 are pretty sound, with both Gabbert, and Newton sitting there at 3, your not likely to find you a trade partner. The draft at the top end is too well stocked with talent. It would make trading out of 3 almost impossible. In my opinion, the only shot the Bills have of trading out of 3 is if Newton gets selected number 1 overall, and that would be if Denver didn't beat us to the punch first.
                      Last edited by Extremebillsfan247; 04-25-2011, 09:56 PM.

Comment

• Thurmal
                        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Extremebillsfan247
                        There is only one small issue with that. Although 1 and 2 are pretty sound, with both Gabbert, and Newton sitting there at 3, your not likely to find you a trade partner. The draft at the top end is too well stocked with talent. It would make trading out of 3 almost impossible. In my opinion, the only shot the Bills have of trading out of 3 is if Newton gets selected number 1 overall, and that would be if Denver didn't beat us to the punch first.
                        If someone really wants Newton, they'll have to trade up to 3, because he is not getting past Cincinnati at 4 or Arizona at 5.

Comment

• tcb5033
                          • Dec 2009

In 1999 the Saints traded all of their picks to Washington to get Ricky Williams at #5. I would say Washington got the better side of that deal.

Comment

• DANMAN
                            • Sep 2003

There was the time the Saints traded their whole draft for Ricky Williams.
                            Also how about the trades the Bills made for McCargo and Losman?

I think the board should be like this:

1. Dareus
                            2. Trade down, take Cam Jordan or JJ Watt and get extra picks
                            3. If no trade can be made take Miller
                            Last edited by DANMAN; 04-25-2011, 11:18 PM.

Comment

• ublinkwescore
                              Sab and TD are insignificant
                              • Sep 2002

Originally posted by tcb5033
                              In 1999 the Saints traded all of their picks to Washington to get Ricky Williams at #5. I would say Washington got the better side of that deal.
                              I can guarantee you that will never happen again though.
                              www.gamersconspiracy.com - where gamers conspire

Comment

Working...
                              X