PDA

View Full Version : This should be the board if the team isn't completely incompetent

Thurmal
04-25-2011, 07:55 PM
1. Dareus.
2. Miller.
3. If both are gone, make an incredibly uneven trade in the Bills' favor with a team willing to give up the farm for Newton or Gabbert.

X-Era
04-25-2011, 07:58 PM
1. Dareus.
2. Miller.
3. If both are gone, make an incredibly uneven trade in the Bills' favor with a team willing to give up the farm for Newton or Gabbert.My list consists of 3 names for our pick at 3. Miller, Dareus, and Gabbert. Would I have a problem with Newton, Peterson, or Green? No. But I like those 3 names the best for us.

Ebenezer
04-25-2011, 07:59 PM
1. Dareus.
2. Miller.
3. If both are gone, make an incredibly uneven trade in the Bills' favor with a team willing to give up the farm for Newton or Gabbert.
If you were another GM would you make an incredible uneven trade in the Bills favor to get a QB and pay them multimillions of dollars to potentially bust out? I wouldn't either.

ServoBillieves
04-25-2011, 08:11 PM
1. Dareus
2. Miller
3. Peterson
4. Trade

... Wait...

Thurmal
04-25-2011, 08:28 PM
If you were another GM would you make an incredible uneven trade in the Bills favor to get a QB and pay them multimillions of dollars to potentially bust out? I wouldn't either.

It happens all the time. Teams are willing to make a seemingly uneven trade to get a player that they really covet. Buffalo has all the leverage in that scenario.

Ebenezer
04-25-2011, 08:33 PM
It happens all the time. Teams are willing to make a seemingly uneven trade to get a player that they really covet. Buffalo has all the leverage in that scenario.
Please show me the last time a team made an "incredibly uneven trade".

Johnny Bugmenot
04-25-2011, 08:49 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herschel_Walker_trade

Now, of course, we're talking only draft picks here, but it happens.

Ebenezer
04-25-2011, 08:57 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herschel_Walker_trade

Now, of course, we're talking only draft picks here, but it happens.
Thanks, that was point...22 years...I guess it could happen a second time...

Thurmal
04-25-2011, 09:02 PM

Think of how much Buffalo and Cleveland gave up to get back into the 1st Round (in the 20's, which is obviously much less valuable than a top-3 pick) to get Losman and Quinn, respectively.

CleveSteve
04-25-2011, 09:40 PM
Think of how much Buffalo and Cleveland gave up to get back into the 1st Round (in the 20's, which is obviously much less valuable than a top-3 pick) to get Losman and Quinn, respectively.

Do I have to? :censored: :rage:

Extremebillsfan247
04-25-2011, 09:54 PM
1. Dareus.
2. Miller.
3. If both are gone, make an incredibly uneven trade in the Bills' favor with a team willing to give up the farm for Newton or Gabbert. There is only one small issue with that. Although 1 and 2 are pretty sound, with both Gabbert, and Newton sitting there at 3, your not likely to find you a trade partner. The draft at the top end is too well stocked with talent. It would make trading out of 3 almost impossible. In my opinion, the only shot the Bills have of trading out of 3 is if Newton gets selected number 1 overall, and that would be if Denver didn't beat us to the punch first.

Thurmal
04-25-2011, 10:14 PM
There is only one small issue with that. Although 1 and 2 are pretty sound, with both Gabbert, and Newton sitting there at 3, your not likely to find you a trade partner. The draft at the top end is too well stocked with talent. It would make trading out of 3 almost impossible. In my opinion, the only shot the Bills have of trading out of 3 is if Newton gets selected number 1 overall, and that would be if Denver didn't beat us to the punch first.

If someone really wants Newton, they'll have to trade up to 3, because he is not getting past Cincinnati at 4 or Arizona at 5.

tcb5033
04-25-2011, 10:20 PM

In 1999 the Saints traded all of their picks to Washington to get Ricky Williams at #5. I would say Washington got the better side of that deal.

DANMAN
04-25-2011, 11:13 PM

There was the time the Saints traded their whole draft for Ricky Williams.
Also how about the trades the Bills made for McCargo and Losman?

I think the board should be like this:

1. Dareus
2. Trade down, take Cam Jordan or JJ Watt and get extra picks
3. If no trade can be made take Miller

ublinkwescore
04-26-2011, 12:21 AM
In 1999 the Saints traded all of their picks to Washington to get Ricky Williams at #5. I would say Washington got the better side of that deal.

I can guarantee you that will never happen again though.

TigerJ
04-26-2011, 09:46 AM
My board is:
Dareus,
Miller
trade down
Gabbert

But I'm not su presumtuous as to think I've got all the answers and the Bills haven't done enough research that if they go in a different direction it is necessarily a bad thing.

I do think that sometimes in the draft the Bills tend to out think themselves in the early rounds of the draft, and I hope they don't do that Thursday and Friday, but the proof is in the pudding and we won't know that for a year or so anyway.

madness
04-26-2011, 10:51 AM
If that's the Bills draft board, we are already too late.

Thurmal
04-29-2011, 07:00 AM

Did you see the trade Atlanta made with Cleveland to get Julio Jones? Two 1sts, two 2nds and two 4ths.

mysticsoto
04-29-2011, 07:21 AM
Did you see the trade Atlanta made with Cleveland to get Julio Jones? Two 1sts, two 2nds and two 4ths.

I can't believe Cleveland raped Atlanta like that...what the hell is Atlanta thinking??? Like it happened to SD w/the whole Eli Manning thing, this might be the opportunity the Browns can finally use to better their team. If only we could rape another team like that...