PDA

View Full Version : I'm going out on a limb here...

DrGraves
04-26-2011, 09:56 AM
My official one and only thread about the draft...

I predict (and I hope I'm wrong) that the Bills select A.J. Green

My reasoning is a more lack thereof than anything else. But look at what happened last year... you could have made the argument that running back is the absolute last need on our team yet we go out and take CJ Spiller because he was BPA. For better or for worse I think this is Nix's MO and unless the organization is 100% on Gabbert/Newton and I think this could very well happen again. Whether Green is best player available at 3 is debatable but it just seems like something this organization would do. :flush:

trapezeus
04-26-2011, 10:13 AM
i don't think i even have the energy to boo the bills decisions anymore.

mikemac2001
04-26-2011, 10:16 AM
Then he blows it up on the field and you forget how dumb you are

Should we draft him NO but he's a stud who will be a number one Stevie and lee 2 and 3 so ****ing deadly...we also drafted 2 dline have moats and merriman

I would rather see darues miller peterson but Aj green is forth he's a stud

TacklingDummy
04-26-2011, 10:17 AM
I'd rather have Green over Gabbert, Newton, Bowers, Peterson, and Dareus.

madness
04-26-2011, 10:29 AM
I think it's a possibility but only if he gets past Carolina. They have a solid running game with decent OL so what better way to help a young QB than grab one of the best WR prospects in years?

McBFLO
04-26-2011, 10:59 AM
I'm sorry to say it, but this notion is ridiculous. They're not taking Green with the 3rd pick. Period.

THATHURMANATOR
04-26-2011, 10:59 AM
Rather have him than Miller.

THATHURMANATOR
04-26-2011, 11:00 AM
I'm sorry to say it, but this notion is ridiculous. They're not taking Green with the 3rd pick. Period.
What is ridiculous about it if the guy is as good as advertised?

better days
04-26-2011, 11:32 AM
I'd rather have Green over Gabbert, Newton, Bowers, Peterson, and Dareus.

I agree with you about everyone but Dareus. Dareus is #1 on many boards as the best player in the draft & would fill a great need on the Bills.

Green may be a great receiver but the Bills have no real need at that position. I would be fine however if the Bills take him over everyone but Dareus that you listed.

If the Bills take Green or ANYONE over Dareus I will throw up all the beer & wings I have consumed earlier in the day.

McBFLO
04-26-2011, 11:41 AM
What is ridiculous about it if the guy is as good as advertised?
It's sooooo far down on the list of needs that there is no realistic possibility, in my opinion, that they would even consider Green at #3.

The Spiller pick last year was because of the production and versatility that he brought with him. But also because Fred is getting up there in age, and because Lynch had some issues and wasn't as productive as he should have been. So RB last year wasn't really a need, but it was more of a need than WR is this year. Lee, Stevie, Nelson, Parrish (who Gailey loves), Easley, Donald Jones, Roosevelt. Pretty good depth in my opinion. Plus, and this would be a HUGE factor with this team/organization, is the $. Lee is a highly paid WR. If Stevie has another productive year, he's going to get paid. A WR with #3 pick, even if there is a new rookie wage scale, is going to cost some big bucks, and more than they'll(hopefully) be willing to pay to one position.

Again, my opinion, 0% chance the Bills draft him at 3.

stuckincincy
04-26-2011, 11:44 AM
It's sooooo far down on the list of needs that there is no realistic possibility, in my opinion, that they would even consider Green at #3.

The Spiller pick last year was because of the production and versatility that he brought with him. But also because Fred is getting up there in age, and because Lynch had some issues and wasn't as productive as he should have been. So RB last year wasn't really a need, but it was more of a need than WR is this year. Lee, Stevie, Nelson, Parrish (who Gailey loves), Easley, Donald Jones, Roosevelt. Pretty good depth in my opinion. Plus, and this would be a HUGE factor with this team/organization, is the $. Lee is a highly paid WR. If Stevie has another productive year, he's going to get paid. A WR with #3 pick, even if there is a new rookie wage scale, is going to cost some big bucks, and more than they'll(hopefully) be willing to pay to one position.

Again, my opinion, 0% chance the Bills draft him at 3.

cgbm
04-26-2011, 11:58 AM
My official one and only thread about the draft...

I predict (and I hope I'm wrong) that the Bills select A.J. Green

My reasoning is a more lack thereof than anything else. But look at what happened last year... you could have made the argument that running back is the absolute last need on our team yet we go out and take CJ Spiller because he was BPA. For better or for worse I think this is Nix's MO and unless the organization is 100% on Gabbert/Newton and I think this could very well happen again. Whether Green is best player available at 3 is debatable but it just seems like something this organization would do. :flush:

very good point.
i totaly could see them doing just this.
it makes no sence for us to do it and thats why it may happen

cgbm
04-26-2011, 11:59 AM
Then he blows it up on the field and you forget how dumb you are

Should we draft him NO but he's a stud who will be a number one Stevie and lee 2 and 3 so ****ing deadly...we also drafted 2 dline have moats and merriman

I would rather see darues miller peterson but Aj green is forth he's a stud

deadly huh?

they have potential to be deadly but who the hell is going to throw them the ball.
fitz?
JOKE!!!

stuckincincy
04-26-2011, 12:10 PM
The Spiller pick last year was because of the production and versatility that he brought with him. But also because Fred is getting up there in age, and because Lynch had some issues and wasn't as productive as he should have been.

It's pretty common that a #1 RB gets into a starting lineup, or at least gets a goodly amount of playing time. That's pretty much the idea - spiff rookie rbs sell tickets. I recall folks saying how with his speed and moves, he could be used as a receiver. That didn't happen.

I'm sure they tried to get him in games, and justify the pick. My guess is they saw him in practice and determined that he wasn't quite what they thought.

Perhaps he will show better next season.

McBFLO
04-26-2011, 12:13 PM
My point in bringing up Spiller is because I expected the "Well Spiller wasn't a need last year and they still piked him" takes. Hopefully Spiller improves this season.

THRILLHO
04-26-2011, 01:40 PM
Last year Gailey said a few times that he wanted a scat back, and that was assumed to be Spiller. It wasnt a huge shock when we took him.

I havent heard anything about a WR or wanting a WR this year.