PDA

View Full Version : The Bills will take V.Miller at #3

Raptor
04-26-2011, 11:54 AM
Sources are telling profootballwarroom.com that if the first two picks goes as follows 1.C.Newton to Carolina 2. M.Dareus to Denver that the Buffalo Bills will indeed select Texas A&M OLB Von Miller with the third overall pick. That selection will then lead to the Bills trying to use their second........

http://nflwarroom.webs.com/apps/blog/show/6844241-war-room-exclusive-insider-info-on-bills-board

BertSquirtgum
04-26-2011, 12:01 PM
makes sense as to why he was wearing a bills hat when signing autographs for kids in the hospital.

DraftBoy
04-26-2011, 12:01 PM
They won't if he's not there.

Slim
04-26-2011, 12:02 PM
Are you insinuating you know something or are you just saying that?

cgbm
04-26-2011, 12:02 PM
http://nflwarroom.webs.com/apps/blog/show/6844241-war-room-exclusive-insider-info-on-bills-board

good thread and good info

i hope to hell that they dont take miller and pass on gabbert or newton. but if they did i would hope that they do take locker in the second. but im not so convinced that he wont go late in the first. rudolph i wouldnt be mad about that either. but we still need a qb. and it may not be powerfull but this draft is deep at qb. LETS GET ONE.

DraftBoy
04-26-2011, 12:07 PM
Are you insinuating you know something or are you just saying that?

Ill take option 1 with a little bit of option 2 and a wait till Thursday morning.

Prov401
04-26-2011, 12:20 PM
I'd say as of now, Newton or Miller will be drafted by the Bills Thursday night.

I'm getting a little worried that the Panthers won't be taking Newton, and instead draft Peterson or Green. Hopefully everything goes as planned and Newton/Dareus are the players taken ahead of Buffalo. I'd still love for the Bills to draft Peterson, but I'm liking the Miller pick.

Everybody is comparing Miller to Maybin and it's just silly. Maybin was a one year wonder. Miller is a leader, competitor, and game changer. The guy dominated the Senior bowl, and wants to be great. I'd prefer Peterson, but wouldn't mind Miller either.

ServoBillieves
04-26-2011, 12:32 PM
When Carolina doesn't take Newton #1, we'll see what number Cam gets as a Bill.

BertSquirtgum
04-26-2011, 12:39 PM
cam newton will not be drafted by the Bills. a lot of you guys are going to need a box of tissues to cry yourselves to sleep thursday night.

X-Era
04-26-2011, 12:57 PM

I "expected" to see an e-mail from Buddy Nix or an image of the Bills big board...

X-Era
04-26-2011, 12:58 PM
cam newton will not be drafted by the Bills. a lot of you guys are going to need a box of tissues to cry yourselves to sleep thursday night.A few, not me, will still need a box of tissues if we do...

stuckincincy
04-26-2011, 01:11 PM
...The guy dominated the Senior bowl, and wants to be great...

That's important...

:phew:

trapezeus
04-26-2011, 01:14 PM
i heard good things about locker recently.

Raptor
04-26-2011, 01:57 PM
The thing Im most happy about is it seems are 3 players we are most connected to are Newton, Dareus, and Miller.

Given that Newton is likely to go #1 that leaves Miller and Dareus either of which i would be completely thrilled with

But Best of all No Peterson, no AJ Green, and thank God NO GABBERT

Extremebillsfan247
04-26-2011, 02:08 PM
Note the reference: "if the first two picks goes as follows ". If Newton, and Dareus go 1 and 2, why wouldn't Miller be there at 3? That statement makes no sense to me in response to the OP's quoted post. Can you clarify what you meant by that?

tampabay25690
04-26-2011, 02:10 PM

DB I think me and you are the only 2 people on this board that think Denver takes Von Miller.......

Extremebillsfan247
04-26-2011, 02:19 PM
DB I think me and you are the only 2 people on this board that think Denver takes Von Miller.......
I think that is a possible landing spot for him too, but especially if Carolina takes Dareus over Newton. That isn't a good thing for Buffalo. It basically forces them to make a critical decision. Trading out with both Newton and Gabbert there would become virtually impossible. I see the Bills taking Newton in that situation and I don't like it. I hope I'm wrong.

CleveSteve
04-26-2011, 02:24 PM

If they were still running a 3-4 then I could see them considering Miller, but I don't think LB in a 4-3 has as high a priority to justify #2. That's my opinion, anyways.

Ingtar33
04-26-2011, 02:26 PM
If they were still running a 3-4 then I could see them considering Miller, but I don't think LB in a 4-3 has as high a priority to justify #2. That's my opinion, anyways.

Miller could play end in a 4-3

Dr. Lecter
04-26-2011, 02:27 PM
My prediction for the Bills was Dareus on their team site........

k-oneputt
04-26-2011, 02:30 PM

Doesn't matter they are taking Quinn anyways. Inside info.

psubills62
04-26-2011, 02:30 PM
Miller could play end in a 4-3 What about OLB in a 4-3? If Orakpo could make the transition, it would seem Miller could as well.

Ingtar33
04-26-2011, 02:31 PM
What about OLB in a 4-3? If Orakpo could make the transition, it would see Miller could as well.

Yeah... he probably could manage... his coverage skills need a little working on... but he's not bad in space... so he'd probably fine. he certainly has the build and speed to play wlb in most 43 schemes.

Extremebillsfan247
04-26-2011, 02:39 PM
What about OLB in a 4-3? If Orakpo could make the transition, it would seem Miller could as well.
In Buffalo Rumblings session of a series they call Baker's Dozen, they do what I think is a pretty good job in explaining how Miller would fit in Edwards defense. Here is the link, http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/4/26/2133186/von-miller-buffalo-bills-2011-nfl-draft

Ingtar33
04-26-2011, 02:46 PM
In Buffalo Rumblings session of a series they call Baker's Dozen, they do what I think is a pretty good job in explaining how Miller would fit in Edwards defense. Here is the link, http://www.buffalorumblings.com/2011/4/26/2133186/von-miller-buffalo-bills-2011-nfl-draft

I disagree with the "elite" first step part of the scouting report... he's got a good first step, it's not elite.

That author also is too positive about miller's coverage abilities. He's still got a ways to go in the passing game. He's familiar with it, he can cover... but he's not particularly good at it.

Miller's a pretty good pass rusher who probably will be a career 8 sack a season LB, who is passable in pass defense, who is rather stout in run defense and has more then 1 pass rushing move. He's not as physically gifted as Orakpo or Mario Williams; but he was about as productive in college as both of them. He should translate very well into the nfl, but it's doubtful he'll ever put up more then 12 sacks in a season.

stuckincincy
04-26-2011, 02:55 PM
... but it's doubtful he'll ever put up more then 12 sacks in a season.

Bold prediction. :shocked:

12 in a season is quite a rarity.

Ingtar33
04-26-2011, 09:50 PM
Bold prediction. :shocked:

12 in a season is quite a rarity.

what i'm saying is don't expect Demarcus Ware (a 13 sacks/season player)

Extremebillsfan247
04-27-2011, 12:31 AM
I disagree with the "elite" first step part of the scouting report... he's got a good first step, it's not elite.

That author also is too positive about miller's coverage abilities. He's still got a ways to go in the passing game. He's familiar with it, he can cover... but he's not particularly good at it.

Miller's a pretty good pass rusher who probably will be a career 8 sack a season LB, who is passable in pass defense, who is rather stout in run defense and has more then 1 pass rushing move. He's not as physically gifted as Orakpo or Mario Williams; but he was about as productive in college as both of them. He should translate very well into the nfl, but it's doubtful he'll ever put up more then 12 sacks in a season.

The link to the report wasn't shown to explain what his first step looks like, or how many sacks he is projected to get at the NFL level, but to show how he fits in George Edwards defensive scheme.

X-Era
04-27-2011, 06:17 AM
DB I think me and you are the only 2 people on this board that think Denver takes Von Miller.......No. I'm there as well.

I think the only way they don't take Miller is if they trade the pick, and even then it could still be Miller.

TacklingDummy
04-27-2011, 06:49 AM
"That selection will then lead to the Bills targeting QB Christian Ponder or Jake Locker with their 2nd pick. If they are unable to land either one look for an OT or K.Rudolph TE from N.D. "

I wouldn't mind Locker or Rudolph in the 2nd. Doubt either will be there though.