PDA

View Full Version : "Buffalo doesn't deserve it"

DMBcrew36
04-26-2011, 12:11 PM
says Barry Melrose. "They don't deserve to win this series."

Watch the video
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/playoffs/2011/news/story?id=6425878

I'm always impressed at how worthless his commentary is.

trapezeus
04-26-2011, 12:14 PM
it's true though. Buffalo deserves to have held on to a 2 goal lead on sunday and deserves to see Richards suspended.

but this is the life we've chosen.

G Wolly
04-26-2011, 12:26 PM
I hate Barry Melrose.

But I can't argue that.

rbochan
04-26-2011, 12:28 PM
Why would anyone pay attention to ESPN for hockey?

chernobylwraiths
04-26-2011, 12:28 PM
Melrose was on GR yesterday and he was talking about how crappy the goaltending was for Philly. He said they have given up like 10 bad goals. While they have given up some bad goals, the goaltending hasn't been that atrocious. He is an idiot. No wonder ESPN's hockey coverage sucks.

The only thing good about him is that he thinks Gil Perreault is one of the greatest hockey players of all time.

DMBcrew36
04-26-2011, 12:30 PM
The Sabres have better goaltending.
The Flyers have better forward depth.

There are different ways to build a team. I disagree that the Flyers deserve it more, just because they've allocated more to the front end than the back end.

The team that deserves it is the team that wins four games.

TheGhostofJimKelly
04-26-2011, 12:32 PM
I don't care if they deserve it or not, the fact remains that they have played one of the better teams in the league to a game seven. They have the chance to advance because they won three games, two of those games those crappy goalies only gave up ONE goal and the Sabres won.

SkateZilla
04-26-2011, 12:33 PM
Barry is a twizzler...

DMBcrew36
04-26-2011, 12:33 PM
Melrose was on GR yesterday and he was talking about how crappy the goaltending was for Philly. He said they have given up like 10 bad goals. While they have given up some bad goals, the goaltending hasn't been that atrocious. He is an idiot. No wonder ESPN's hockey coverage sucks.

The only thing good about him is that he thinks Gil Perreault is one of the greatest hockey players of all time.

Overall, Boucher hasn't been that bad.

I laugh when ESPN puts up videos of Melrose recording himself talking on a mini-camcorder, standing in a closet. It's absolutely pathetic for what is supposed to be a major sports outlet.

DMBcrew36
04-26-2011, 12:38 PM
Why would anyone pay attention to ESPN for hockey?

I check ESPN, but anyone who follows hockey knows www.tsn.ca/nhl is the #1 source for NHL news and highlights.

BertSquirtgum
04-26-2011, 12:48 PM
he is correct. they do not deserve to win, they might win, but they don't deserve to.

hydro
04-26-2011, 12:51 PM
he is correct. they do not deserve to win, they might win, but they don't deserve to.

Oh so now it is they "might" win? Don't set yourself up for a let down!!!!

THATHURMANATOR
04-26-2011, 12:55 PM
Whoever wins deserves it.

CuseJetsFan83
04-26-2011, 01:39 PM
the team that wins 4 games "deserves" it.... its the playoffs...records are put aside and everyone is 0-0 to begin.....

Philagape
04-26-2011, 01:47 PM
The Sabres have better goaltending.
The Flyers have better forward depth.

There are different ways to build a team. I disagree that the Flyers deserve it more, just because they've allocated more to the front end than the back end.

The team that deserves it is the team that wins four games.

Agreed. I always cringe a little when a hear someone say a goalie has "stolen" a game. Last I checked, goalies are part of the team too. It's like saying a quarterback or a pitcher steals games.

chernobylwraiths
04-26-2011, 01:50 PM
Agreed. I always cringe a little when a hear someone say a goalie has "stolen" a game. Last I checked, goalies are part of the team too. It's like saying a quarterback or a pitcher steals games.

Like with quarterbacks, if you don't have a good goalie, it sure makes it more difficult to win. More so than any other position on a team.

rbochan
04-26-2011, 02:16 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rZXTEYu5avc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bufftp
04-26-2011, 02:19 PM
I have often wondered when the goalie "was no longer part of the team". Buffalo put dollars in the goalie position, Philly didn't. The goalie position has come back and bit Philly. Does Philly deserve it?

don137
04-26-2011, 02:22 PM
Very stupid thing to say because the same could be said for Philly. They dont deserve to advance because they will not get too far with pathetic goaltending. Whoever wins the series deserves it because they were the better TEAM in the series. Maybe he should say the winner of the series better step up because they will not get passed the next round if they continue to play at the current level.

SkateZilla
04-26-2011, 02:47 PM
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rZXTEYu5avc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Thats Epic...

JD
04-26-2011, 02:54 PM
I hope that mother ****er has a stroke.

SkateZilla
04-26-2011, 03:12 PM
Barry doesnt deserve his job ... so....

rbochan
04-26-2011, 03:49 PM
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh19/rbochan/******ed.jpg

psubills62
04-26-2011, 07:17 PM
If Philly can't pull out the win at home with half our team injured, then they don't deserve to win the series either.

BertSquirtgum
04-26-2011, 08:02 PM
how do you guys feel now? does Buffalo really deserve to win? i don't think so, they look like ****.

BertSquirtgum
04-26-2011, 08:03 PM
If Philly can't pull out the win at home with half our team injured, then they don't deserve to win the series either.

making excuses for a bad team that got hot at the end of the season and squeeked out some wins to get in the playoffs.

don137
04-26-2011, 08:09 PM
Carter is out and Pronger is clearly not playing at the level he is capable of. Injuries are not a factor.

psubills62
04-26-2011, 09:10 PM
making excuses for a bad team that got hot at the end of the season and squeeked out some wins to get in the playoffs.
Bad teams don't take the Flyers to 7 games. They're not a good team, but they're not bad.

psubills62
04-26-2011, 09:12 PM
Carter is out and Pronger is clearly not playing at the level he is capable of. Injuries are not a factor.
Injuries are a factor. Just because they were factors (to varying degrees) for both teams doesn't mean they weren't a factor. Pominville goes down and suddenly we lose a lead, hm...

I'm as unhappy about the losses as anyone, but for as bad as people make this team out to be, the Flyers should have taken care of business long ago. Melrose is an idiot to say "the puck finally bounced Philly's way." It's been bouncing their way all series with the lack of suspensions for their goons injuring our guys.

Cleve
04-26-2011, 09:22 PM
Sabres didn't deserve to win - they should have closed it out Sunday - at HSBC. To give up a 2 goal lead TWICE at home is disgusting. And then $6 million dollar Miller giving up a soft goal in overtime to cinch the comeback for Philly was the icing on the cake.

chernobylwraiths
04-26-2011, 09:27 PM
Sabres didn't deserve to win - they should have closed it out Sunday - at HSBC. To give up a 2 goal lead TWICE at home is disgusting. And then $6 million dollar Miller giving up a soft goal in overtime to cinch the comeback for Philly was the icing on the cake.

:rofl: soft goal

Just more idiotic comments

BertSquirtgum
04-27-2011, 01:42 AM
if miller didn't fall down like an idiot. he could have kicked that puck away, miller blows. i'm so sick and tired of people sticking up for him. he stops these amazing shots and lets in easy ones. trade miller, put enroth in and sign chris osgood.

DMBcrew36
04-27-2011, 01:56 AM
if miller didn't fall down like an idiot. he could have kicked that puck away, miller blows. i'm so sick and tired of people sticking up for him. he stops these amazing shots and lets in easy ones. trade miller, put enroth in and sign chris osgood.

Fail.

Scoring chances were 9-1 through the 1st period.

Team defense was porous at best.

Historian
04-27-2011, 04:13 AM
Anemic. Power. Play.

chernobylwraiths
04-27-2011, 05:49 AM

Just another stupid post. "Miller blows" Yeah, I heard the same thing about Hasek too.

Cleve
04-27-2011, 06:30 AM
:rofl: soft goal

Just more idiotic comments

What do you call being way out of position and the goalie flat on his face on the ice? Stupid goal.

chernobylwraiths
04-27-2011, 06:50 AM
What do you call being way out of position and the goalie flat on his face on the ice? Stupid goal.

on a rebound

G Wolly
04-27-2011, 10:22 AM

You aren't a hockey fan.

Your posts are invalid.

BertSquirtgum
04-27-2011, 11:08 AM
i used to play hockey as a kid and i was a rabid fan until the conference finals against the hurricanes and then they let briere and drury go, then made that suck baf the main goalie. i hate miller.

G Wolly
04-27-2011, 11:11 AM
i used to play hockey as a kid and i was a rabid fan until the conference finals against the hurricanes and then they let briere and drury go, then made that suck baf the main goalie. i hate miller.

Oh.

So you're a bandwagoner?

Lone Stranger
04-27-2011, 11:20 AM
Philly outplayed the Sabres the entire series.

chernobylwraiths
04-27-2011, 11:45 AM

Wasn't Miller the 'main goalie' during those playoff runs?

DMBcrew36
04-27-2011, 06:56 PM
i used to play hockey as a kid .

Sounds like you still are one.

BertSquirtgum
04-27-2011, 11:05 PM
Oh.

So you're a bandwagoner?
i guess, i won't really get into the team like i used to be until miller is not on the roster. what got me watching the past 3 three weeks was the fact that enroth was playing.

SabreEleven
04-28-2011, 03:22 AM

If you were such a rabid fan of the Sabres, why aren't you jumping off the Bills bandwagon as well, they've sucked for much longer than the Sabres and have made horrible moves in FA.

chernobylwraiths
04-28-2011, 05:52 AM
I don't understand the Miller hate. He might not be Hasek, but he is still very good.

SkateZilla
04-28-2011, 10:15 AM
What the deserve and what you get/got are two different things.

BertSquirtgum
04-28-2011, 10:24 AM
If you were such a rabid fan of the Sabres, why aren't you jumping off the Bills bandwagon as well, they've sucked for much longer than the Sabres and have made horrible moves in FA.

because there aren't any players that i hate on the team.

OpIv37
04-28-2011, 11:35 AM
because there aren't any players that i hate on the team.
then you need to pay more attention to Donte Whitner.

BertSquirtgum
04-28-2011, 12:13 PM
i don't hate donte because i think he tries. he just blows. miller lets soft goals in constantly and i cannot stand that. when i played hocked i was a goalie and soft goals irk the **** out of me.