PDA

View Full Version : schefter has just said von miller to denver

NOT THE DUDE...
04-26-2011, 12:52 PM
TAKE DAREUS OBD!

X-Era
04-26-2011, 12:55 PM
TAKE DAREUS OBD!My guess is Dareus, not Newton at 1...

And you know what that may mean for us at 3....

CleveSteve
04-26-2011, 01:48 PM
My dream scenario for the draft would be:

1) Fairley
2) Miller
3) Newton
4) Green
5) Gabbert
6) Peterson (SF via trade with CLE)
7) Dareus (CLE via trade with SF)

Oh man... that would be so awesome. And now back to my regularly-scheduled crack pipe.

Commissioner
04-26-2011, 01:49 PM
My guess is Dareus, not Newton at 1...

Probably Patrick Peterson...

Philagape
04-26-2011, 01:50 PM
Don't tease me bro .... :pray:

Ingtar33
04-26-2011, 02:11 PM
My guess is Dareus, not Newton at 1...

I've been thinking for months now that Car will go for Green at no.1

Darius and Miller, 1 and 2 would be a nightmare scenario for the Bills

Bangarang
04-26-2011, 02:17 PM

I'm getting angry just thinking about it. We all know how fast that card with Newton's name on it would be up to the podium. I think I'm going to be sick.

Ingtar33
04-26-2011, 02:23 PM
I'm getting angry just thinking about it. We all know how fast that card with Newton's name on it would be up to the podium. I think I'm going to be sick.

I'd almost rather we just grab the next best NT on the board, or hell even Mike Pouncey, who i think is the best o-lineman in the draft.

Dr. Lecter
04-26-2011, 02:26 PM
If this happens and the Bills get Dareus and can get Ponder in the 2nd, I will be ecstatic.

Bangarang
04-26-2011, 02:27 PM
I'd almost rather we just grab the next best NT on the board, or hell even Mike Pouncey, who i think is the best o-lineman in the draft.

I'd rather draft Maybin again than draft Newton.

Ingtar33
04-26-2011, 02:30 PM
listen. we need a surefire 100% hit with this pick. I seriously would rather we grab Mike Pouncey then either of the so called "top" QBs... hell, i'd rather we grab Peterson or even Green then either of the QBs (and you know what i think about drafting CB/WR in the top 5 of the draft... DONT!)...

k-oneputt
04-26-2011, 02:32 PM

Questionable at best as being the best o-lineman, and if they use #3 on a center/guard then they are even dumber then I thought.

patmoran2006
04-26-2011, 02:32 PM
I briefly spoke directly with Adam Schefter (via Twitter DM) and he did tell me he thinks that the Broncos will take Von Miller, and not Dareus.
So this is true. sorta

"True today. We'll see tomorrow. " he said.

Sportsuser101
04-26-2011, 02:36 PM
I think if Newton goes #1 and Miller goes #2 that Buffalo needs to take Peterson

Ingtar33
04-26-2011, 02:37 PM
I think if Newton goes #1 and Miller goes #2 that Buffalo needs to take Peterson

you're out of your mind.

If Newton goes 1, and Miller 2, we have to go Darius.

Questionable at best as being the best o-lineman, and if they use #3 on a center/guard then they are even dumber then I thought.

you build a football team from the middle of the field out. I would love to see a middle of our line being Levitre, Wood, Pouncey... we'd just need to get NFL quality OTs and our line would be awesome.

Sportsuser101
04-26-2011, 02:41 PM
you're out of your mind.

DAREUS is a good player but Peterson is the best player in the draft. He is a game changer. He can lock down a WR which in turn helps the defense blitz more. I don't see DAREUS doing that. I think everybody is thinking that he is going to be like Suh. He's not. Suh was so much better coming out of college then Dareus is now. He's not a top 5 player IMO.

Prov401
04-26-2011, 02:42 PM
you're out of your mind.

you build a football team from the middle of the field out. I would love to see a middle of our line being Levitre, Wood, Pouncey... we'd just need to get NFL quality OTs and our line would be awesome.

To me it's been Dareus, Peterson, Miller, or trade.

If we take any QB with our 3rd pick, I am seriously going to cry.

Mr. Miyagi
04-26-2011, 02:42 PM
you're out of your mind.

:goodpost:

Sportsuser101
04-26-2011, 02:44 PM
#3 is too high to take an interior offensive lineman. I like Pouncey (he's not better then his brother). He would have to be Steve Hutchinson back in the day if he were picked #3 and even then I don't know if I would do it.

stuckincincy
04-26-2011, 02:51 PM
DAREUS is a good player but Peterson is the best player in the draft. He is a game changer. He can lock down a WR which in turn helps the defense blitz more. I don't see DAREUS doing that. I think everybody is thinking that he is going to be like Suh. He's not. Suh was so much better coming out of college then Dareus is now. He's not a top 5 player IMO.

I also like Peterson. But IMO, with the latest rule changes - there will be little chance for big KO returns. So his skills there will have to be discounted when it comes to selection.

mysticsoto
04-26-2011, 02:52 PM
you're out of your mind.

I agree on Darius...but you'd take Pouncey at #3? If Darius and Miller are gone, I hope we trade down. But barring that, I suppose Peterson then has to be the option.

Newton is a risky choice...if they want to risk it, perhaps they feel they can make him into the star he is capable of becoming. But me, I'd think you could surely find somebody desperate enough to trade up and give us some extra picks! And that'd be the route I'd pursue!

Dr. Lecter
04-26-2011, 03:08 PM
I agree on Darius...but you'd take Pouncey at #3? If Darius and Miller are gone, I hope we trade down. But barring that, I suppose Peterson then has to be the option.

Newton is a risky choice...if they want to risk it, perhaps they feel they can make him into the star he is capable of becoming. But me, I'd think you could surely find somebody desperate enough to trade up and give us some extra picks! And that'd be the route I'd pursue!
If Dareus and Miller are gone, I would lean towards Green.

psubills62
04-26-2011, 03:09 PM
If Dareus isn't there...I think I'd prefer Cam Jordan at that point.

YardRat
04-26-2011, 03:18 PM
Tonight it will be Dareus, tomorrow Peterson, etc etc.

better days
04-26-2011, 03:20 PM

If Dareus is not a top 5 player, neither is Peterson. Most boards I have seen list Dareus as the best player in the draft. Peterson by most accounts is only 3rd best player.

Mr. Miyagi
04-26-2011, 03:20 PM
If Dareus and Miller are gone, I would lean towards Peterson.

mysticsoto
04-26-2011, 03:39 PM

I leaned toward defense mostly b'cse our defense was so atrocious last year...in truth, if we have to pick either Peterson or Green, already we're in a hole and not really improving where we need to improve!

Philagape
04-26-2011, 03:57 PM
DAREUS is a good player but Peterson is the best player in the draft. He is a game changer. He can lock down a WR which in turn helps the defense blitz more.

None of which matters if the other team keeps running for 150 yards a pop

madness
04-26-2011, 03:57 PM
1. Green
2. Von Miller
3. Peterson

Saratoga Slim
04-26-2011, 04:07 PM

I agree. In that situation, we're either drafting BPA at a position of marginal need (CB or WR), or getting someone with legitimate question marks (Bowers/Quinn/Fairley), or reaching (Jordan/Watt).

CleveSteve
04-26-2011, 04:16 PM
I agree. In that situation, we're either drafting BPA at a position of marginal need (CB or WR), or getting someone with legitimate question marks (Bowers/Quinn/Fairley), or reaching (Jordan/Watt).

Unless SF, Tennessee, Washington, or Minnesota really likes Newton and doesn't want Cincy to have the opportunity to grab him. It's a lot more appealing to trade up to #3 than it is to #1.

Then, moving down to #8 getting another 2nd round pick, you can still address the 5T spot with Watt/Jordan and not have to worry about people complaining that you reached!

NOT THE DUDE...
04-26-2011, 04:33 PM
its so weird that the last time we picked this high was 1985 with bruce, and now we get dareus.. i will *** all over myself if we get dareus! moats and merriman outside williams dareus inside at the 3tech... thats basically best pass rush in the nfl if everyone is healthy and plays normal!

Philagape
04-26-2011, 04:50 PM
Houston's beat writer says the Texans want to trade up for Miller or Peterson; they'd have to trade with Denver to get Miller:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/04/26/texans-want-to-trade-up-for-von-miller-or-patrick-peterson/

tomz
04-26-2011, 05:01 PM

Last night I watched Warren Sapp comparing Dareus and Fairley. HE said there was no comparison: Dareus does all the little things to be a strong DL while Fairley is too high and not a consistent player. Sap gave such a strong endorsement of Dareus as the real deal that I had to respect it. He was quite detailed in his discussion.

Based on that, I think Dareus is a little more than a 'good player.' BTW, don't Dareus and Suh play different positions? One of the other points that Sapp made is that people talk about DL 'disappearing' but sometimes that's actually their job on a given play.

Novacane
04-26-2011, 05:49 PM

Why do we know that?

THE END OF ALL DAYS
04-26-2011, 09:01 PM
I'd rather draft Maybin again than draft Newton.
newton can prob tackle better then maybin

psubills62
04-26-2011, 09:25 PM
newton can prob tackle better then maybin
Newton does have some good size to be an OLB :D

Dang it, BZ, where's the stirring the pot smiley?

paladin warrior
04-27-2011, 01:13 AM
If Dareus and Miller are gone, I would lean towards Peterson. If Dareus and Miller are gone, I would lean towards Nick Fairley. Buffalo Bills don't need CB and WR. Buffalo Bills need DT,LB,OL,T.E,QB

mysticsoto
04-27-2011, 05:17 AM
If Dareus and Miller are gone, I would lean towards Nick Fairley. Buffalo Bills don't need CB and WR. Buffalo Bills need DT,LB,OL,T.E,QB

The problem is Nick Fairley is a better fit for a 4-3 defense. We already have Kyle Williams who is better for a 4-3...if we get another, then we've wasted time and personnel trying to switch to 3-4 and remain with oddballs that don't fit one or the other.

paladin warrior
04-27-2011, 03:23 PM
The problem is Nick Fairley is a better fit for a 4-3 defense. We already have Kyle Williams who is better for a 4-3...if we get another, then we've wasted time and personnel trying to switch to 3-4 and remain with oddballs that don't fit one or the other. OH Okay. What if Kyle Williams get hurt real bad.

PTI
04-27-2011, 03:30 PM
Broncos just lost (maybe) DE depth, Jason Hunter was stabbed:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Aknmlq0ZxIyPoe9gZWb3Vm45nYcB?slug=ap-broncos-hunterstabbed

mysticsoto
04-27-2011, 03:34 PM
OH Okay. What if Kyle Williams get hurt real bad.

What if Fitzpatrick gets hurt real bad? Levitre? Lee Evans? Lindell? Moorman? Sanborn? You don't draft people on what might happen.

Now, if they're really set on getting DE, they should make every effort to trade down - probably less than 10 slots and take Cameron Jordan who they are apparently really high on, and who fits into our scheme very well.

Sportsuser101
04-27-2011, 04:29 PM
If Dareus is not a top 5 player, neither is Peterson. Most boards I have seen list Dareus as the best player in the draft. Peterson by most accounts is only 3rd best player.

Its my opinion. I don't base what I see with what other people see. I don't look at other peoples boards or mocks or opinions and take that as my own. I look at evaluate a player based on what I see not what other people write.

Sportsuser101
04-27-2011, 04:31 PM
None of which matters if the other team keeps running for 150 yards a pop

Its called run blitz. Locking Peterson up with a WR leaves another player likely Whitner to get up to the line and make a tackle.

Sportsuser101
04-27-2011, 04:34 PM
Last night I watched Warren Sapp comparing Dareus and Fairley. HE said there was no comparison: Dareus does all the little things to be a strong DL while Fairley is too high and not a consistent player. Sap gave such a strong endorsement of Dareus as the real deal that I had to respect it. He was quite detailed in his discussion.

Based on that, I think Dareus is a little more than a 'good player.' BTW, don't Dareus and Suh play different positions? One of the other points that Sapp made is that people talk about DL 'disappearing' but sometimes that's actually their job on a given play.

I wasn't saying Suh and Dareus play the same positions or play the same way but other people on here have stated about taking Dareus as "look at what Suh did last year."

Extremebillsfan247
04-27-2011, 04:44 PM
If Dareus and Miller go 1, and 2, the Bills will take Newton. It's pretty obvious at this point.

Sportsuser101
04-27-2011, 04:50 PM
If Dareus and Miller go 1, and 2, the Bills will take Newton. It's pretty obvious at this point.

How is it obvious? Nobody knows what the Bills are thinking. How many people knew the Bills were taking Spiller last year? Truth be told nobody knows who Buffalo is taking.

X-Era
04-27-2011, 05:15 PM
How is it obvious? Nobody knows what the Bills are thinking. How many people knew the Bills were taking Spiller last year? Truth be told nobody knows who Buffalo is taking.I don't think Buffalo's thinking is obvious. I think the options vs. needs vs. value makes it a bit more obvious.

The key component that many miss is that we don't get to tell the Bills what to think... that what we think and what they think could be very different as we all know over the past few years and beyond. If they think Gabbert or Newton is a franchise QB then I think, for them, it's an obvious choice.

Mayock said it best, a franchise QB trumps every other position. If you need one, and theres a guy there that you think is one, you take him.

The unknown is again what we think of these guys. It could easily be that we don;t think either is that guy, or it could easily be that we do.

paladin warrior
04-27-2011, 05:20 PM
What if Fitzpatrick gets hurt real bad? Levitre? Lee Evans? Lindell? Moorman? Sanborn? You don't draft people on what might happen.

Now, if they're really set on getting DE, they should make every effort to trade down - probably less than 10 slots and take Cameron Jordan who they are apparently really high on, and who fits into our scheme very well. ok :D